Exposing the LASIK Scam

One Surgeon at a Time
It is currently Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:30 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: InView says NVDs do not threaten vision
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:43 pm 

www inviewvision com/faqs_lasik.asp#complications

Quote:
What are the possible complications of refractive surgery?

Like all surgical procedures, complications are always a possibility. Most complications are minor and do not threaten vision. These include undercorrection, overcorrection, and visual aberrations (glare, halos, starbursts, shadow images, double vision, etc.).

Glare, halos, starbursts, shadow images, and double vision do not threaten vision? You have got to be kidding me.

I wonder how many retreatments have been performed at InView (previously Emory Vision) due to night vision disturbances. If I'm not mistaken, even one of the InView surgeons himself had a retreatment for night vision disturbances. So if they don't threaten vision, why subject yourself to more surgery?

"What concerns me is that if the person informing the patient is themselves poorly or inaccurately informed then how on earth can consent ever be truly informed?" Dr. Sarah Smith

Post subject: Double vision, starbursts and haloes NOT minor complications
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:06 pm 

Glare, halos, starbursts and double vision are SERIOUS problems! Before surgery, patients should see pictures of what their vision could be like with these distortions. Pictures of MY horrendous vision would be good to show as I had my surgery at a major university medical hospital (Duke University Medical Center) by LASIK surgeon Dr. Terry Kim, MD. If a major teaching University/Hospital can screw up your vision for life, it can happen anywhere. Just a quick look at an image of my vision and patients would run screaming for the door! I have met other damaged patients from the same clinic where my surgery was botched. They aren't happy with their screwed up vision either.

My Mom had some problems with double vision after she had a minor stroke and couldn't drive for a while. Who is safe to drive with double vision? I met a young woman with double vision in one eye from LASIK in Dr. Christine Lee's waiting room. She was the mother of small children. I cringe to think of the damage LASIK surgeons are doing to patients lives - and the lives of the people who must share roads with patients whose vision was compromised by LASIK.

LASIK surgeons know that a large percentage of patients end up with halos and starbursts, many with double vision. Apparently some try to downplay these permanent effects of surgically induced corneal distortion up front by telling patients that night vision disturbances don't threaten vision. Good grief, that's ridiculous - how do these doctors live with themselves?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:00 pm 

I think those surgeons should be sued class action lawsuit for all the lies and damage they do to other's vision. Once they tell the truth about how lasik damages every eye and try to talk you out of lasik, then it becomes your own informed choice and no one in their right mind would consent to lasik.