Exposing the LASIK Scam

One Surgeon at a Time
It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:35 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Lasik advertisements
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 12:03 pm 

Come to think about it lasik advertisements and cigarette ads should be the same. There should be a HEALTH WARNING in every LASIK ads in newspaper or billboard. in my country there is not a single warning in the ads about the side effects people might have.

cigarettes and lasik is almost similar. they might harm us in the future.
the effect on cigarettes on people also have different impact on different people same as LASIK.

right now, cigarettes pack have a small sticker warning that it might bring harm to health. remember in the old days when people smoke in televisions and when there is no warning in advertisements?

i wish every lasik advertisements should at least have a warning that says "LASIK OPERATIONS MIGHT BRING HARM TO YOUR EYE IN THE FUTURE" or some kind..

starting from UNITED states.
there is no way my country or people in my country will start such a thing. USA is always the pioneer for such things.. so i hope u guys can write a letter to the US government or the medical boards about the harm LASIK might bring to people. maybe can hang around together and do a little demo that attracts media attention.

anyway, just a thought.

if this really happens, i am sure future LASIK patients will decrease dramatically. i did my LASIK operation because i never hear such thing as side effects/warnings... all i did hear was "hey, i did it, she did it, my sister did lasik, my colleague did lasik, she did lasik in US, he did it in singapore, and etc...." WHY NOBODY TALKS ABOUT THE SIDE EFFECTS BEFORE????

ok until here, my friends. i going to rest now.