Exposing the LASIK Scam

One Surgeon at a Time
It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:53 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: A fair posting to make?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:18 am 

I am another poor person who had their sight/life ruined by lasik. I tried to make a posting in my country on an "open" forum for listing patient experiences for all the clinics in my country. I knew about this forum/site from the actual clinic telling me of it before having my surgeory - hmm. I tried to recently post my experience in as much of an unbiased/objective/un-emotional etc form as i could considering. But i was rejected for posting it! I was told to rewrite - i think to remove blame off the clinic that started it all off, as I have visited other places after and to water down the blame to them. Anyway - the site "sensor" wouldn't post it for fear of legal action from the clinic/doctor in question - even if its ME writing it - I would to see the doctor/clinic to take action AGAINST me! lol - couldn't get money out of me now I am skint from no career anymore. I was unwilling to rewrite it - not for "my time" as he put it, but the principal of it. Its all alittle iffy, as this site takes donations to run - and I think....only my opinion - that they probably take donations from the clinics too - considering the advertisement banners/links for the particular clinics. It seems ok for people to post "rosey" statements and include misleading information - but its touchy ground when a poor patient wishes to let others know their life has been ruined. Anyway, read what I wrote and let me know any thoughts?

what i wrote:

Thank you ***** for being the cause of making my daily life a misery with foggy/distorted/multiple images/head aches/closed in feelings etc?oh and suicidal at times?I don?t make light of this. A year and ? ago I had lasik performed by ******* there. They failed to inform me of factors when it mattered, that could have changed where I am now - they ?retreated? me 3 months after initial and my eyesight was poisoned heavily by that. I?ve never had a comfortable clear or semi clear state of vision since then that I could exist with- never had one even semi-relaxing day since. That is why I have pursued answers from a few top doctors that take on complications that are willing to help me. I?ve had one doctor willing to strip my eye skin and stretch and stitch my flaps to remove irregularities/wrinkles and perform lasek after last year ? huge agony from that if I had it! I?ve had ****** saying to do lasek over my flaps? knowledge I have now that would have been wrong too. I took the option of a ****** at ****** to relift the worse eye flap and try to smooth matters and gauge a result ? which helped technically (off a snellen chart) ? but my vision seemed to just ?altered? and perhaps became even more distorted with more double visions etc. But I do wish I walked through his doors instead of ****** back two summers ago ? he has always been straight and honest to me ? one doctor (and a full eye doctor too) I do trust and value his opinion. This lead to a me visiting a Professor **** in **** (who is meant to be world class standard in the field and heads a huge branch of private eye care hospitals there) ? he took my case, and believed it was something that could be treated by customised corneal wavefront treatment (a different type of thing than what most might use), but I put my trust in him, as he had only one of 3 ultrasound?s in ****** to analysis physically the state of my flaps. His operation made my vision in my dominant eye even nastier (the following week: 20/50 ? this is from how distorted light actually acts through my eye now- in a way the average person can?t appreciate). Right now my dominant eyesight is a complete joke (if anyone could walk in my shoes, they would be horrified at how I manage to go about in the world). I am extremely angry with him, for the very reason he has the resources and tools to have recognized the real issue and was too head strong with an initial diagnoses. He didn?t analysis the ultrasound readings in the way needed. Right now I have been to see probably one of the best guys in the world to rectify my sight - ******. He will treat me in a few months time after the effects of a large depression in the lower ? of my cornea has been seen (that gets misread by any topography). His clinic put a lot of time into me on my visit and performed many good tests ? including proper photos of my cornea surface (folds etc) ? so I can appreciate them, without taking some biased optometrist, from a place that can?t do anything about the mess they created (*******), opinion about my flaps. So he will address the irregular flaps by basically removing/deleting the problem and using ultrasound data to provide me with a sound base for my skin to grow anew.

Anyway ? back to *******. This is a clinic owned by an optometrist?and the surgeons are only hired in from outside ? they might be classed as ?experienced? ? but they are not experts ? there is a difference when things go wrong. And ignorance is such bliss for all the people that have lasik and feel ok with their vision ? lucky you, you didn?t realise how much of a gamble you actually took! The more you learn about lasik ? the more you realise how flawed it actually is in most. From all the eye professionals I have encountered, ******** I have disliked - patronising, unwilling to discuss things, doesn?t inspire any confidence or any practical solutions ? I wish I could swap sight with him ? and see him do his job with my sight! A clinic, which is owned and built around an expert doctor, is a much better thing - so a doctor makes the important calls ? to prevent messes happening like me. Information, straight talking, honesty and some common sense is all I expected and didn?t get when it mattered with these people. I was given wavefront-assisted treatment on only one eye and topography on the other?.but was never told this at the time. Plain clinical on retreat ? when I was lead to believe they were capable of addressing ghosting in this operation (i.e. ?custom?!) Wavefront-assisted is different from wavefront-guided too, people. They don?t have the best technology either ? no matter what they come out with - they want to sell you what they have. No doubt if you talk to anyone there about my writings, they will be typically smooth talking and try to dismiss things with technical or overbearing information ? they are just after your money. And money?! ? I have hardly worked since ? it is really nasty how this sight consumes my daily life. A job I had lined up for ? a year after in 2004 ? but had to stop the mornings for how I could hardly see at times and that finished have not felt capable of pursuing something since. Good job I can still live my folks ? I couldn?t support myself anymore since then. The most evil thing in the world is lasik - when it goes bad ? very hard to describe how you see, how variable, how unnatural and how it effects you to people around you.

1 Star I rate ? merely for the fact they were pleasant to me after doing what they did and the amount of people posting regarding their experience from them on here ? doesn?t even come close to the number they process each year ? you don?t know how many problem cases remain hidden with lasik patients. But also there are many worse clinics out there than this one!!!?.which is the all too sad thing ? and why Prof ******* is trying to pass laws/guides in ****** here to stop so many needlessly wasted lives from bad lasik. Go look up all the lasik problem sites on the web and do scare yourself off this thing - get a real feel for the problems that get induced even uneventful lasik which goes bad ? things that are never said by most lasik clinics ? brushed off/talked down. This clinic though - responsible for my life of misery ? they gave me irregular thin flaps and compounded it with ill informed relift and lasering. My advice is to not have lasik, but if you do ? go to somewhere like ******** and pay the extra for true expertise and a world-class surgeon. If you have had a treatment with ******** and are unhappy with it?.for god?s sack don?t let them go near your eyes again and go get a few other opinions. My email is **********

Cheers, davey. I feel for every one of you with nasty sight too and anyone reading this thinking of lasik - NOOOOOOOOO! stop right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:38 am 
Site Admin
 E-mail  Profile

The posting guidelines for this site are located here: www.thelasikflap.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7

1. We expect patients to be nice to each other.
  2. We expect patients to be more truthful than refractive surgeons.
  3. Naming your doctor is OK.
  4. When quoting articles from other sources (i.e. medical journals), provide a link to the original article and only quote excerpts. If you copy entire articles, it puts us at risk of copyright infringment complaints.
There are several sections on this site you may wish to visit, such as

Last edited by Admin on Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: It is OK to name your doctor and clinic!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:02 pm 

Davey,

What happened to you is a tragedy, and bad laser eye surgery is happening to people all over the world. That is why it is so important to NAME your doctor and clinic (see post above by admin).

No one can harm you as long as you tell the TRUTH.

It is essential that we all share our experiences with as many people as possible to prevent others from taking the same path.

Davey, I hope you first go out and get some good glasses that give you the best possible vision with glasses. Do this at an Optometrist's office, one who has NO affiliation with laser eye surgery whatsoever.

Then pursue contact lenses with someone who is an expert at fitting lenses on eyes that have been damaged by corneal refractive surgery. You may have to travel to find a good fitter. It is an art.

In October, new lenses made especially for post-corneal refractive surgery will be made by SynergEyes - they have a hard center and a soft skirt. These lenses may provide the clear vision and better comfort many patients who have been damaged by LASIK or by laser surface treatments have been waiting for.

Good luck, and keep us posted on your situation!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:17 pm 

Follow up to what I'm going through.

Prof Reinstein is going to help me. Not easy or straight forward though. A few treatments of PTK followed by a few rounds of PRK. Not cheap either - but I respect Prof Reinstein and how he actually "looks" into corneas to diagnose why your eye sight is bad. So will not say the costs needed on my side.
I think the whole industry of lasik needs to be smashed in the face with a baseball bat to be honest! I will never go through something more evil in my life. Its disgusting how people are mislead of what matters and the amount of guess work doctors actually use when trying to diagnose peoples ruined eyes. The clinic that made a mess of my flaps are called Accuvision is the UK. Real reason for my situation - poor flap creation/handling/positioning. The general public are lead to believe they are "excellent" and by all means their equipment is good, but as always it seems reading up lasik over the world, human decisions and surgical skills ARE STILL the things that ruin a poor person's life in the end. That uk forum site for lasik patients changed their mind about posting all my experience, perhaps fearing trouble from this clinic - but that is the shame for the general public thinking these people are experts, went they are mearly "experienced" and we all know every lasik surgeon out there is "experienced" - flawed by a setup of an owner (not a surgeon) making decisions for his hired-in surgeons to do the work. This clinic left me with horrible behaving eye sight that I could not live with and that is why I have seeked help and had some other things done to one of my eyes, perhaps not right knowing what is known now, but I could have done things with suturing and lasek that would have a real bad idea - and this from "top" doctors in my country.

I am thinking of making my own website one day, after I have gone through what I need to and have a huge collection of data to show people. As there are no sites from uk people that I know of. I'm sure Accuvision's owner and his primary surgeon won't like me doing this and will try to stop it if I do one, but if I state the truth and a full account of what I have gone through to people, why shouldn't I?!!!
While my situation is not as bad as some people I have seen around, it is bad when I have often felt like ending my own life over how nasty my sight is to live with. I keep this fact quiet to most...as people will likely think I am mentally unstable - but am not - others will evil acting sight will know where I am coming from - you NEED to be strong mentally to live with nasty lasik! "Never assume you know what someones life is like - unless you can walk in their shoes".
Davey

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:54 pm 

davey wrote:
That uk forum site for lasik patients changed their mind about posting all my experience, perhaps fearing trouble from this clinic -

Did they delete your posts?

"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:42 pm 

Hi.
The site owner proof reads them before posting them. 1st of all he was going to post it, then changed his mind. His reason stated it was too risky in what I said, for fear of my original clinic getting onto him legally for posting it. I would really like to see them try anything on ME!! Fair enough I have had to goto other doctors AFTER them and have had futher surgical action on my worst eye - but for GOOD reason- and that is what I wanted to tell people. I tried to make an unemotional full factual account of what my story has been. But it seems perfectly OK for patients to talk absolute misleading "?$% about a clinic - if its positive! He states he posts something like over 99% of the posts he receives, but I overheard of a number of unhappy patients in my visits to my clinic when I was there for things - yet nothing shows there. They've process thousands of people over the years they have been practicing, but only a few hundred have ever posted. They do have a reasonable record, better than most, but the fact that they still ruin peoples sight should be heard by the public I think. I am one of those, and nobody will really know how many people are suffering in silence with bad lasik - british people are far less outspoken than, say, the Americans too. Often the case i think is that people don't want to openly admit to others they have made a gross mistake in having lasik.
I think it could be alittle iffy this site, I might be wrong though, but it is kinda like a advertisement thing for all the clinics in my country, more so for the bigger ones as they have their adverts dotted around all the pages there. Plus, this IS only a guess, but he welcomes donations to keep the site running....and I imagine some of the clinics could easily donate to it if they wanted - i'm not saying they do, just they could if they wanted (in case they get onto me!).
Davey

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:48 am 

Wow I am so sorry to hear what happened! I will help you with your site to post your story about your bad lasik experience. Here in America we have freedom of speech. What was your prescription and other info before lasik and after?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:11 pm 

davey wrote:
Often the case i think is that people don't want to openly admit to others they have made a gross mistake in having lasik.

I 2nd that!!!

davey wrote:
I think it could be alittle iffy this site, I might be wrong though, but it is kinda like a advertisement thing for all the clinics in my country, more so for the bigger ones as they have their adverts dotted around all the pages there. Plus, this IS only a guess, but he welcomes donations to keep the site running....and I imagine some of the clinics could easily donate to it if they wanted - i'm not saying they do, just they could if they wanted (in case they get onto me!).

Exactly what site are you talking about? At first I thought you were talking about lasermyeye, but now I'm not so sure.

"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato

Post subject: Deletemypost
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:13 am 

Broken Eyes said:

Quote:
Exactly what site are you talking about? At first I thought you were talking about lasermyeye, but now I'm not so sure.

Do you mean Deletemypost?