Exposing the LASIK Scam

One Surgeon at a Time
It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 12:23 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: File a report on your surgeon with your state medical board
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:05 pm 
Site Admin
 E-mail  Profile

Filing a complaint against your surgeon with your state medical board is one of the most effective ways to address unprofessional conduct and malpractice.

Stick to the facts and keep your complaint focused and concise. Cite data from your charts, reports by second opinion doctors, and evidence gathered from the medical literature to support your case.

Scroll down through the list at the website below to find the address and website of your state medical board.

http://www.ama-assn.org/ama/pub/category/13365.html

Feel free to post a copy of your state medical board complaint in the LASIK Industry Participants/Surgeons sections of this bulletin board and on other internet forums such as alt.lasik-eyes. Posting copies of your complaint on bulletin boards which are indexed by search engines will help other patients who are seeking information about your doctor. You have first amendment rights to petition the government and to republish your petition.

Post subject: I filed a report ....
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:16 pm 

And it took over 2 years to get a response from them.

They did not see any reason for disciplinary action against my surgeon.

I even reported that I was being seen by one of the doctors who had his medical license suspended.

Post subject: Try this annemarie!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:10 pm 

Annemarie,

Do you still have a copy of the complaint you filed against your doctor? Your first ammendment rights give you the right to petition the government. You can say anything you want in that petition. You can also disseminate that petition.

Post your state medical board complaint about your surgeon here on thelasikflap in the surgeons section. Make a title such as 'State Medical Board Complaint against Dr. Slice N. Hack (insert your surgeon's name here). Then past in your complaint. Do the same thing on a google newsgroup entitled alt.lasik-eyes.

Within a few weeks the complaint will be highly indexed enough to show up when someone does a search on your doctor. This way other patients will know that there are complaints out there about this surgeon. Don't you wish someone had done that for you?

You may not receive the help you deserve from your surgeon, the medical community or the FDA but you can certainly take your case to the people and to the media! Most surgeons will not accept or admit there is a problem with the surgeries they perform until it hits them in the reputation and the wallet. If you are not satisfied with the results of your corneal refractive surgery, make sure the news is widespread!

All my best to you!

Eye

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:44 pm 

http://www.lasikinstitute.org/Surgeon_M ... Board.html

"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato