Exposing the LASIK Scam

One Surgeon at a Time
It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 11:49 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Picketing the Offices of LASIK Surgeons
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:17 am 
This is bound to attract a lot of attention and surgeons love getting attention, especially when you add some news media attention. Our favorite attention-loving surgeon is none other than famous Extreme Makeover surgeon Dr. Robert K. Maloney of Los Angeles, California.

If you want to join in the fun, watch this thread for details on our upcoming first picketing event. This is NOT an appropriate activity for the news camera-shy!!!

Post subject: Good old fashioned picketing SHOULD make a comeback
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 1:11 am 

Since patients don't seem to have much recourse through the legal system, picketing may be the way to go! It is worth the effort to connect with our local casualties so that we can picket locally, and also we can all consider traveling to larger picketing evernts.

Whenever I feel I'm not doing enough to inform the public about the risks of corneal refractive surgery I feel nagging guilt - picketing is extremely effective and a great way to meet other casualties! Ease your social conscience and picket a LASIK surgeon whenever you can! Keep signs in your car for an impromptu session. You may stumble across a clinic you didn't know about...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 11:42 am 

Once as I was driving down a busy road past a LASIK Vision Institute facility I saw a man with a sign and a white cane picketing. Of course I pulled over to talk to him. The guy had to have a corneal transplant after LASIK at the LASIK Vision Institute.

I think picketing would be very therapeutic! :wink:

"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato

Post subject: All of us could use some picketing therapy
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 11:23 pm 

It would get us out among friends, it's for a good cause... let's see how many groups we can assemble, and get some picketing therapy happening!

:P