Exposing the LASIK Scam

One Surgeon at a Time
It is currently Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:18 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: 1st Amendment Rights?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:19 am 
 WWW  Profile

You mean we actually have them? Wait until my story comes out!!

Post subject: An update since the November posting:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:42 pm 
 WWW  Profile

When I first started my website (http://www.lasiksucks4u.com), warning others of the potential risks of LASIK surgery, I could not name the doctors involved in my situation due to litigation (medical malpractice).

After my med mal lawsuit, I added the doctors? names because I believed then (and still do) that as a matter of public safety, they should be named. Their investigational study, as proven by the information (documents) posted resulted in numerous lawsuits. I also believe (documents previously provided) that they performed outside the scope of not only their Institutional Review Board's standards, but of their own as well as the FDA's. I posted all of the information I could get.

The doctors did not like this, and filed a defamation lawsuit against me. In the course of the 2 years it took for this case to appear before a judge at trial, my website was shut down 3 times, through intimidation and threats of lawsuits against my web hosting companies. On the second attempt, even after a temporary restraining order was denied twice by the courts, my site was shut down due to phone calls and a letter from the doctors? attorney.

In July 2005, I was ordered by the court to remove the doctors? names from my website. I am appealing the court's decision.

Are My Rights Being Violated?

YES! There was no confidentiality in the med mal lawsuit, although asked for at the very last moment by the doctors. There was no confidentiality in the defamation lawsuit, although some records have been sealed by the court. I have not ever given away my right to speak (or write) about my case, nor did I give up my right when my website was changed back to its original state in November 2003. The First Amendment does grant us Freedom of Speech!

Now A Plea For Help?

Public Citizen felt so strongly about my rights being violated, that they are appealling on my behalf, pro bono (without charge to me). The ACLU also took interest (they helped me obtain local counsel for my appeal).

From their website:

Public Citizen Litigation Group is the litigating arm of Public Citizen. The Group specializes in cases involving health and safety regulation, consumer rights, access to the courts, open government, and the First Amendment, including internet free speech.

Because Public Citizen does not accept funds from corporations, professional associations or government agencies, we can remain independent and follow the truth wherever it may lead. But that means we depend on the generosity of concerned citizens like you for the resources to fight on behalf of the public interest.

They are helping in my appeal, and are doing an exceptional job in providing representation for my rights, however, because my income is limited to Social Security disability each month, they need donations. The donations ARE tax deductible, and any donation made in my name (Dom Morgan - lasiksucks4u.com in the comments box of their website, or memo area of your check) will go towards litigation expenses. If you would like to help, click https://www.citizen.org/join/member_for ... _account=2.

For those of you who have followed my situation throughout this ordeal know the truth, and the truth should NOT be silenced. I believe I have proven all allegations made in not only the med mal lawsuit I brought against my LASIK doctors, but in the the defamation lawsuit they brought against me. The documents I had posted support this. I should not and will not be denied my rights!

Thank You ALL for your continued support and prayers.