Exposing the LASIK Scam

One Surgeon at a Time
It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:44 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: PAINT YOUR CAR WITH LASIK WARNINGS
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:03 pm 

My New Year's resolution was to do more to inform the public about the risks of corneal refractive surgery.

One way to easily communicate with others in your community is to use wedding paint (or ordinary poster paint) to make signs on your car. Wax the car really well first so the paint will come off easily. You'll want to be able to change your signs.

I painted 3 sides of my vehicle with various LASIK warnings, and that LASIK had damaged my vision. This strategy WORKS, and is likely the most effective strategy for spreading the word that I have attempted. We don't want to talk about some of the less successful strategies...

Wherever I go people ask me questions in parking lots. One man followed me so that he could obtain my contact information for his son who had a retinal detachment following LASIK.

A neighbor who lives very close to me nearly had laser eye surgery... but saw my signs just in time to ask questions.

The pride that comes from having a cool-looking clean vehicle doesn't compare to the satisfaction that comes from knowing you ARE able to reach out and help others in your community.

Your first ammendment rights protect you in this endeavor as long as you don't slander. If you want to claim a doctor damaged your vision and name him by name, make sure you have documentation of the fact.

One way to be really safe is to say something like "It is my opinion that Dr. LASIKSCHMUCK [your surgeon's name] is an incompetent greedy bastard" - anythng that is prefaced by "in my opinion" is hard to sue you for, because here in the U.S. you're entitled to your opinion.

God bless America.

Post subject: Vehicle
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:07 pm 

Hopefully you're not driving with vision that is so bad that the authorities pull you over and cite you for driving with impaired vision. It can draw unwanted attention to you. I know, I've done something similar on another matter.

Yes it does feel great! The power of the written word and our First Amendment Rights can be so empowering to a victim of these CRIMES!
Yes, I said Crimes, I feel that any doctor that doesn't fully inform and perform accurately has commited an assault on the patient. The doctors who are not qualified to perform surgery or perform in an impaired state should face criminal charges and provide restitution to the victims without lengthy trials.

Post subject: Re: Vehicle
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:52 am 

WonderWhy wrote:
Yes, I said Crimes, I feel that any doctor that doesn't fully inform and perform accurately has commited an assault on the patient. The doctors who are not qualified to perform surgery or perform in an impaired state should face criminal charges and provide restitution to the victims without lengthy trials.

I agree that to put profits ahead of patients is a crime. The LASIK gravy train would be stopped dead on the track if patients were fully informed. Deceit is what keeps it going. Qualified? All they do is take a weekend course.

"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato

Post subject: Painting your vehicle with laser eye surgery warnings works
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:06 am 

A young man was given LASIK as a Christmas gift from his parents. Six weeks later his retina detached. This young man's father saw the signs that I painted on my truck and followed me into a parking lot. We would never have found each other if not for those signs.

I received an e-mail today at the e-mail address I set up specifically for responses to the signs painted on my truck. Here it is:

Quote:
I saw your truck today. I just wanted you to know that it's working. Sorry to hear that they messed up your eyes, but I applaud your initiative in standing up for yourself. So many times I get frustrated because I feel like I've been mislead or cheated, but there's nothing I can do about it. I guess you found something that you can do about it.

Again, I just wanted to give you feedback that I saw your truck and I'm going to tell all of my coworkers about it tomorrow - so your message is getting out there.

I think using poster paint (wedding paint from a bridal shop is what I use) to paint signs all over your car is the most effective way to spread the word in your community about problems with laser eye surgery. Imagine what parking lots would look like if everyone who had a problem with their laser eye surgery wrote messages for others on their cars.

I know for certain there would be quite a few messages at my place of business. And at my Opthalmologist's office, my dentist's office, the vet's, my hairdresser's shop. They would be everywhere. Think about it. Saving eyes is way more important than having a cool looking clean vehicle.

Post subject: Paint Markers
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:08 am 
I found a place where you can buy paint markers online:

http://www.advantagebridal.com/whglma.html

Be sure to mention that you are a lasik patient, because the owner of the site has agreed to give you 50% off the item and shipping!

Post subject: Risky technique
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:25 pm 

I talked to a lawyer about this and he said that the following events will occur if you are involved in an accident:

1. Increase the size of the judgement against you.
  2. Get you dropped by your insurance company for future coverage.
  3. Get you dropped on the very first case, meaning that they won't even cover you the first time you get sued. They would base this decision on failure to disclose to them that you are visually impaired.

Post subject: Sounds worth it to me, Wizard
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:57 pm 

There are always people telling damaged LASIK patients not to advertise their problems 'for their own good'. It's time more of us think about the next guy in line.

Painting on your car provides the information that LASIK is dangerous... for an entire community - this is important and more of us should be out there doing it. It's an obligation we have to each other.