Exposing the LASIK Scam

One Surgeon at a Time
It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:12 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Lasikforums website
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:30 pm 
There is a new alternate forum for dicussing Lasik. http://www.lasikforums.com. I think it would be good to have another site to discuss this important topic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:47 pm 

Why do we need another site when there are already several? This one is the only one that is clearly anti-LASIK. Others claim to be "balanced". One is for rehab. One is a sewer (dominated by Hagele and Roiland). One answers patients' questions. What's the point of another one -- what niche does it fill?

"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:54 pm 
It is our belief that another website to provide a discussion forum for this important topic can only help to spread the "truth" about these procedures. While we offer no judgement for "pro" or "con" posts we encourage people to join and offer as much opinion as they wish on the topic. It will be our policy to not edit or delete posts except those that are offensive or rude. More discusion is always a good thing and we hope that by encourage use of all sites such as this fine site and our site we hope to reach persons not already exposed to other sites. We also hope that the members here will give us a chance and participate in Lasikforums.com as they participate here. It is not our intention to displace or replace any existing site but to provide an additional outlet for the information to get to those persons who need it the most.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:44 pm 

Lasikforums wrote:
It is our belief that another website to provide a discussion forum for this important topic can only help to spread the "truth" about these procedures.

The truth can be found right here. LASIK is a bad procedure. This site is doing an excellent job of exposing the deception.

The pro-side of the issue has thousands of sites on the internet. Every LASIK surgeon has a site that only gives the up-side (less dependence on glasses or contacts).

Mixing patients on both sides of the issue results in a sewer like alt.lasik-eyes. It's clear that the two sides cannot co-exist peacefully.

"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato

Post subject: Hold your fire
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:31 am 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

I think LasikForums/Snowman deserve a chance to show their stuff. Perhaps LasikForums.com is friendly to consumers, perhaps it is friendly to lasik marketers. Until we see the way editorial policies are implemented at LasikForums.com we cannot say that the site is necessary, unnecessary, good, or bad.

BrokenEyes, go post your opinions at LasikForums.com, and see what happens. Do pro-consumer opinions get censored?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:16 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Broken Eyes,

I agree with your opinion of lasikforums web site. I feel that it is trying to create a niche for pro-lasik. Most of their news articles are related to pro-lasik views, eg. obtaining lasik for police officers, firefighters and low income people. I have already posted there and am not at all impressed with the site. Maybe Administration should take another close look at their site and remove them from here.

Lasik Complications.

Post subject: Policy on links to other sites
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:58 am 
Site Admin
 E-mail  Profile

It is the policy of this site to encourage cooperation between patient advocates and patient advocacy websites. Forming a network of such sites is desirable - therefore no links to other sites will be removed unless the site contains information that is misleading or harmful in some way to patients.

Elvira, you aren't impressed with the site, but are you CERTAIN that the hosts of the site are not well-intentioned?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:28 am 
 WWW  Profile

ADmin,
I am definitely not impressed with the site. All their news articles at the top talk about obtaining lasik, even making affordable for low income people. Can you imagine, someone that is low income trying to go to more doctors, buying more medication, they would wind up hopeless.
The original question "should I get lasik or not" was asked by the Administrtor.
Why would Admin need to start a conversation. They have really not gotten much attention, but it is not at all impressing. It really does not sound like it heads towards anti-lasik but pro lasik.
Elvira

Post subject: Another web site bites the dust
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:55 am 
 WWW  Profile

Thought i would let you all know that it looks like Lasik Forums/Snowman has died on the vine. They are not longer there. I still feel that they were more pro-lasik than anti-lasik. Just a gut feeling from what I read there.

Post subject: Hard to start a good bulletin board!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:09 am 

I think the secret to the rapid success of this bulletin board is the return of many of the old surgical eyes regulars. They have experience, they know the history of the sordid refractive surgery mess ... they are very valuable. They make this site an interesting read.

Hope they stay and share what they know.

Post subject: Time for more than interesting read
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:34 am 
 WWW  Profile

Truly,
I agree with you that experience and history mean a lot. It is good that quite a few of the old Surgical Eyes regulars are here. Which to me means that they have not given up. However, we need to learn from their history that there comes a point in time that we do not need just an interesting read. We need to become more pro-active. Please read what I just wrote to Lasik Tragedy about placing an ad in my local newspaper and thrifty nickel. Bring new people to the site, educate those who have not had lasik and bring back those with surgical complications. I know it is not easy, I get very frustrated and want to give up, but I keep coming back. I have sent out information to many news agencies and consumer groups. No luck yet, but something has to give. What do you think?