Exposing the LASIK Scam

One Surgeon at a Time
It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:52 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Dr. Greg Gemoules Contact Lenses
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:24 am 

Has anyone met or heard anything about Dr. Greg Gemoules? I notice that he posts in many refractive surgery forums (Dr.G) and seems to have many patients who are happy with his contact lenses. I consider this forum a good source of information and would value any information or opinions about him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:55 am 

Hi Maverick,

You can email me privately at brokeneyes2000@aol.com.

"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:33 pm 

There's an article about Dr. Gemoules here: www.lasikfraud.com/whistleblower.html

I have no idea what his skills are with fitting contact lenses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:57 pm 

Yes, he has helped a number of patients. He participates on http://www.lasermyeye.org.

Therapeutic effects of contact lenses after refractive surgery:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=15665667&dopt=Abstract

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:26 pm 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

I think that forum is properly known as "deletemypost.org" as it is heavily censored.

Post subject: Re: Dr. Greg Gemoules Contact Lenses
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:09 pm 

Maverick wrote:
Has anyone met or heard anything about Dr. Greg Gemoules? I notice that he posts in many refractive surgery forums (Dr.G) and seems to have many patients who are happy with his contact lenses. I consider this forum a good source of information and would value any information or opinions about him.

As far as contact lens is concerned, he seems to have exceptional skills and knowledge. I am not his patient but I do find his advice on contact lens mostly sound and practical.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:30 am 

Dr. Gemoules does indeed have exceptional skill in fitting contact lenses for post-RS patients, as well as the treatment of dry eyes. Well worth the trip, in this patient's opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:27 am 

I made the trip out to Dallas for RGP fittings with Dr. G. a couple of weeks ago. I had Lasik 2 years ago and have suffered from severe night glare including halos and starbursting. I wasn't able to drive at night. After the place where I had lasik done basically blew me off, I went to another Lasik place to get a 2nd opinion. They told me that my HOAs were the worst they have seen and recommended that I get PRK on top of my Lasik. I decided against any 2nd surgeries and decided to try to get fit with RGPs. I went to 2 different ODs near where I live. With many unsuccessful attempts at RGP, I was still unable to drive at night. I also tried Alphagan P and that didn't seem to help either. I finally decided to take the trip out to Dallas. I heard many great things about Dr. G so I decided to give it a shot.

I was a little skeptical since I have already tried RGPs and I couldn't tolerate to wear them very long. Plus I didn't feel comfortable driving at night even with the lenses in. But I am so glad I made the trip. It was so worth it! When I left Dallas I had a pair of RGPs that were comfortable and reduced my HOAs by 75%. I am now able to drive again at night!!! It feels so great. I thought I might never be able to drive at night again. Dr. G and his staff were great. They were very nice, thorough, and persistant. Dr. G really knows what he is doing. I am so thankful that I heard about Dr. G. I feel like I finally have my independence back. If you are considering RGPs, I would definitely recommend seeking Dr G and his assistant Kim. Kim is a post lasik patient as well, and she understood all of my frustrations. I can not put a price on having my freedom back. I have heard rumors that RGPs will not help post lasik patients with night glare and I just want to say that I am proof that is untrue! I am so glad I decided to see Dr. G. I only wish I had done it sooner! If you have any questions, please let me know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:59 am 

L.S.,

I'm happy to hear of your success with RGPs. :D

I, too, suffer from severe night vision disturbances after LASIK. I wear SynergEyes lenses (hard in the center with a soft skirt) which improve my vision by about 75 - 80%. I couldn't tolerate regular RGPs, but thankfully I can tolerate SyngergEyes.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Take care,
BE

"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato