Exposing the LASIK Scam

One Surgeon at a Time
It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:19 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:36 pm 

Maverick wrote:
They even include instructions for removing the lenses when they become stuck in the Synergeyes lens removal video. Does the sticking cause you any discomfort or problems? Do you use rewetting drops when you wear your lenses?

I haven't seen a lens removal video. How do they suggest you remove them when they're stuck?

The sticking does cause vision problems and discomfort. I use Complete Moisture Plus rewetting drops until I can get home and take them out. The rewetting drops don't seem to help that much once they're stuck.

"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:20 pm 

The video is under ''learn more/care and handling'' on the Synergeyes site. They suggest that you use rewetting drops and then slide the lens up until it moves freely before trying to remove the lens. I just got my lenses and unfortunately they don't seem to help much. They also make my vision much worse when I remove them. I have alot of trouble removing the lenses even when they are not stuck.

Post subject: HI Maverick
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:10 pm 

Maverick,

It's a huge bummer that your SynergEyes don't help you much... are you sure the fit is good? You may want to go to a 2nd fitter and ask to have it checked.

It may be a matter of getting used to the lenses as well. There is likely an adjustment period since the lenses are partially hard. Spectacle blur is not uncommon after lenswear. IF you can wear your lenses all day it is not such a problem. If you cant, of course, it can be a major disaster.

Have you tried using an eye cup with sterile saline and blinking into the saline to loosen your lenses? I know that people with dry eye can really struggle getting lenses out. I have witnessed it, and it doesn't look like fun.

keep us posted on the lens situation. Have you tried any that work better for you than the SynergEyes?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:04 pm 

Maverick wrote:
They suggest that you use rewetting drops and then slide the lens up until it moves freely before trying to remove the lens.

Ha! When my lenses are stuck, rewetting drops don't unstick them. Slide the lens up? Yeah, right! I'd rip my flaps off!!! They don't slide when they are stuck, no matter how many drops I use. I must be an extreme case. Five months after LASIK I had a Schirmers score of ZERO! The last Schirmers test I had was probably around 3 to 5.

Maverick wrote:
I just got my lenses and unfortunately they don't seem to help much. They also make my vision much worse when I remove them. I have alot of trouble removing the lenses even when they are not stuck.

Sorry to hear that they are not helping you. :(

"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:05 pm 

There is an O.D. in Houston http://www.drallanpanzer.com who has fit SynergEyes on post LASIKs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:44 pm 

Broken Eyes wrote:
Maverick wrote:
They suggest that you use rewetting drops and then slide the lens up until it moves freely before trying to remove the lens.

Ha! When my lenses are stuck, rewetting drops don't unstick them. Slide the lens up? Yeah, right! I'd rip my flaps off!!! They don't slide when they are stuck, no matter how many drops I use. I must be an extreme case. Five months after LASIK I had a Schirmers score of ZERO! The last Schirmers test I had was probably around 3 to 5.

Maverick wrote:
I just got my lenses and unfortunately they don't seem to help much. They also make my vision much worse when I remove them. I have alot of trouble removing the lenses even when they are not stuck.

Sorry to hear that they are not helping you. :(

Yeah... the rewetting drops definitely do not unstick the lenses. I could not wear these lenses even if they did help me. Removing the Synergeyes lenses is practically a surgical procedure after a few hours. The third time I wore the lenses my left eye got totally irritated and I had hazy vision for two days. At my last appointment there was another patient who had her lenses taken away because she had injured her eyes and caused some kind of infection just from removing them. They are comfortable but I'm not so sure that the Synergeyes are the safest choice for people with a lasik flap and dry eyes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:08 pm 

OK, I have discovered a trick to get stuck SynergEyes lenses out. I am NOT recommending anyone else do this because, honestly, I don't know if it's safe.

PLEASE, DO NOT LAUGH!!! :oops: :wink:

I turn my blow-dryer (yes, hair blow dryer) on the lowest heat setting, cool setting, actually, and dry the thumb and index fingers of my right hand (the two fingers I use to pluck the lens off my eye). The point is to get your fingers so dry that there is absolutely NO moisture whatsoever on your fingers. I continually rub my index finger and thumb together in a circular motion while drying them with the blow dryer -- this way I can feel it when they are BONE dry. If they aren't BONE dry, this DOES NOT work. Once they are BONE dry, I pull my lower lid down with the index finger of my left hand, and position my right index finger and thumb on the outer edge of my iris, just barely barely below the center of my pupil. If my fingers are really BONE dry, 90% of the time I can pluck the lens off on the very first try, quite easily actually. What happens is the lens actually sticks to my fingers when they are that dry and it comes right off. This really works for me. Once in a while when the lens doesn't come off on the first try, I just dry my fingers again and try again. But, as I said, it almost always works the first time, no matter how stuck they are.

I guess this would work with those lint-free cloths if you make sure there is absolutely NO moisture whatsoever on your fingers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:29 pm 

This is pretty much how I finally got the lenses out each time I wore them. I used paper towels to dry my fingers though. :wink: I would first use rewetting drops and carefully get each lens to move a bit with my index finger. Then I would wait about ten minutes for the outer surface of the lens to dry. I would then use my dry fingers to kinda grip the lens where the skirt meets the center (at about eight and four o'clock) and pop it out. I would be concerned about popping the lens directly off when it is totally stuck. That skirt really does get stuck to your cornea and I felt like there was a lot of suction with those lenses. I could literally see a huge dent in the shape of the lens on my eye for nearly an hour after I removed them.

Post subject: Hi Maverick
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:14 am 

Maverick,

Do your SynergEyes lenses give you 'spectacle blur' after wearing them? That is, the blurry vision you get for a few hours when you switch from hard contact lenses back to glasses?

How do you compare your post-surgical vision with SynergEyes to your pre-surgical vision with glasses? :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:59 pm 

Maverick wrote:
I could literally see a huge dent in the shape of the lens on my eye for nearly an hour after I removed them.

I THOUGHT THAT WAS ALL IN MY HEAD! :lol: Me, too! I really thought I was just imagining this!! :lol:

Post subject: Re: Hi Maverick
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:01 am 

Scientist wrote:
Maverick,

Do your SynergEyes lenses give you 'spectacle blur' after wearing them? That is, the blurry vision you get for a few hours when you switch from hard contact lenses back to glasses?

How do you compare your post-surgical vision with SynergEyes to your pre-surgical vision with glasses? :?:

The lenses did not give me pre-lasik vision by a long shot. The lenses actually created entirely new symptoms because my pupils are much larger than the optics of the lens. I would see these gigantic starbursts in an almost stitch like pattern. They did not even improve my acuity or quality of vision in bright light compared to soft lenses or glasses. They were also very difficult to remove and they did cause horrible spectacle blur for a period of hours after removal. I would not really discourage anyone from trying the Synergeyes lenses but my experience with them was not a good one. I am going to insist that we try the Macro lenses at my next appt.

Post subject: Corneas dented? Let's get pictures!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:59 am 

One thing I can tell you about the macros is that they tend to try to 'vault' the cornea with these lenses. The larger the vault the worse your vision. That space fills with fluid and you end up looking through a layer of tears. A doctor exerimented with increasing vault over the center of my cornea to demonstrate this for me.

Ask your fitter to minimize your vault for this reason! Some people love their macros. Seems that the lens that works really depends on the individual and their post-refractive situation. Since you have large pupils you'll need to have a conversation with your fitter about providing an extra-large optical zone in the lenses. If your optical zone is too small you'll likely have the same pupil/zone size problems even though the overall lens is larger.

You know, stories I hear about dents in corneas after lens wear and post-LASIK patients ending up with blurry vision for hours because they slept face down on the pillow... lead me to believe that we all had a surgery that left our corneas far too weak and deformable.

LASIK is clearly a surgery that is not healthy for the eye.

Maverick, let us know how those macros work.

BrokenEyes, do you think we can get some closeup digital photos of those dents on your corneas? We can write a brief article and publish them.

Post subject: Re: Corneas dented? Let's get pictures!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:40 pm 

Eye wrote:
BrokenEyes, do you think we can get some closeup digital photos of those dents on your corneas? We can write a brief article and publish them.

Yeah, I can try.

Post subject: SynergEyes PS (post surgical) lens
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:43 pm 

SynergEyes PS (post surgical) lens will not be available until October.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:34 pm 

I am trying to be patient, waiting for the PS lens design so we can try to get a better fit for my left eye. :(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next