Exposing the LASIK Scam

One Surgeon at a Time
It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:13 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:49 pm 

Ask Dr. Boshnick. He might know.

"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato

Post subject: Synergeyes PS
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:37 pm 

I just spoke with Susan at Synergeyes today and she confirmed they expect to have PS lenses out by end of year; first of next year, which is what my practitioner told me today, as well... So , we'll see if it happens, then. She has my e-mail address and has me on a list to send to me when they get the release/launch date set for the lenses. When I hear, I will pass on to you all.

Sadeyes

Post subject: Boshnick fitting Synergeyes post surgical lenses now
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:12 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

Sadeyes:

Dr Boshnick is currently one of a few chosen practitioners currently fitting the Synergeyes post surgical lenses. These lenses are not currently available on the general market, but they are available through Dr Boshnick. His website is http://www.eyefreedom.com. He is a highly skilled and compassionate doctor with lots of experience fitting patients with post refractive complications. I highly recommend him.

Post subject: Boshnick Synergeyes PostSurgical Lenses
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:31 pm 

Thanks so much, ThisIsNotMedicine:
I did know he is the ONLY one doing the trials.. Unfortunately, I cannot afford to go to him at this time.. probably not till next year.. My doc here mentioned them, so It made me think about them again,, but then I've also been told that the contrast is not as good as with GP's and I'm also trying to decide whether to go to an experienced fitter with those or give a try here with the PS when they come in (my doc can't fit GP's as well as I need them) , since I can afford to stay in my home town to try. I have time to decide since can't get those now and cant' afford travel now, either... next year,, maybe.. just doing my best to hold on without freaking out completely till then. Hey, what do you wear? Can you share with me any success stories on lenses you may have tried or could be wearing..
thanks again!!
Sadeyes

Post subject: synergeyes PS
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:32 pm 

Just like the lasik report says,I have given up on wearing the boston contacts and trying to deal with my horrific post lasik vision without correction.
Dr Boshnic tells me he is one of 12 practitioners who have been given the PS's before release. I recieved an e-mail today telling me he is expecting a new generation of PS lenses very soon.
I am still on disability following lasik and cannot afford to go to him nor could I tolerate the trip with constant dizziness/nystagmus,so I will wait and try them locally upon release. Last I heard this will be in december.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:09 pm 

http://www.synergeyes.com/newsevents.html#pslaunch

Quote:
January 1, 2008
SynergEyes? PS Now Available!

SynergEyes has launched a new revolutionary hybrid contact lens specifically designed for post-refractive surgery patients in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. SynergEyes? PS is the first FDA-cleared hybrid contact lens specifically designed for patients with oblate corneas resulting from refractive surgery, corneal trauma or degenerative conditions, including penetrating keratoplasty and/or Intacs? for Keratoconus.

Looking for a SynergEyes practitioner who prescribes the SynergEyes? PS lens? Visit our doctor locator to find a practitioner in your area.

Practitioners, to get certified, simply visit www.fitsynergeyes.com and complete the SynergEyes? PS online certification program to begin prescribing this innovative product.

Visit the practitioner website for more information.

"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:14 pm 

I recently got my first pair of SynergEyes PS. I had previously been wearing the traditional SyngergEyes while awaiting the release of the PS version.

The PS lenses definitely fit better than the regular SynergEyes. They center right away and stay in place. I had problems at times with the regular lenses -- sometimes they would ride up too high and/or not center properly -- especially when I first put them in. The improved fit gives me a little better comfort. But the problem is still dryness -- I cannot keep the lenses wet enough. I need to use rewetting drops frequently. I don't even wear the lenses when I'm home because of the dryness issue which makes the lenses feel scratchy and uncomfortable.

My vision is quite good with these lenses. It was quite good with the regular version, too. It *may* be a bit better with the PS lenses.

At night, however, when my pupils dilate I see streaks of light -- not all the way around like a starburst -- more like this:

I had this happen before with a pair of RPGs after LASIK. I assume it's because my pupils are dilating larger than the optical zone of the lenses, and I'm guessing that the lenses are riding slightly off-center inferiorly since the streaks usually come from the top. But they don't always come from the top, and it's not always the same direction in both eyes. I don't always see the streaks, thank goodness. I'm pretty convinced it's a pupil size thing since I don't have any optical problems in bright light, and the map light trick makes the streaks disappear.

Are they better than glasses or soft lenses?... ABSOLUTELY -- No comparison! My vision with glasses or soft lenses is horribly aberrated -- massive starbursts, halos, multiple images and loss of contrast sensitivity. Except for the streaks at night, it's pretty close to pre-LASIK vision. I'd say they eliminate over 80% of the visual garbage caused by LASIK. If my eyes weren't so dry and I could tolerate them better, I'd be ecstatic.

When I wear my Panoptx goggles with the lenses I have better comfort, but I look ridiculous.

Bottom line, it's another baby step forward. If you had asked me 3 or 4 years ago if I thought I'd ever be seeing this well again with lenses I can tolerate (well, sort of...), I would have said no.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:02 am 

Thanks for the update on the PS version.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:57 pm 

Putting in my 2 cents...My original surgery was messed up due to a short flap and then the surgeon continuing to laser half of the intended optical zone then also the underside of the flap...so, he left me with major scarring in my optical zone. Had 3 subsequent PRK's (new surgeon) trying to smooth the scar to make my eye correctable. Limited success. Night vision is non existent due to halos and starbursting, so my best hope is RGP...but near vision is also a huge problem due to disparity in vision power between left and right eye.
Summary of my experiences so far:

I have tried Synergeyes and found them to be great for about 2 weeks and then suddenly they starting sticking to my eye in a horrible way. Not too expensive though, so worth a try if you have not tried them yet.
I have also tried Zwave RGP lenses with very limited success (I have dry eye syndrome besides the scarring). They are VERY expensive and I'm not so sure they are worth the extra expense.
Currently experimenting with Medlens which is a soft polymer lens made for kerotoconus patients ~ but it seems to help more than a std soft lens it is very thick in the middle. Also trying a custom RGP "piggy back" with a thin soft lens underneath.
I have also had IZon glasses made - definitely a huge waste of money!!! They gave me a headache within 2 minutes.
I will keep posting on my experimentation hoping this may help someone else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:08 pm 

Are you having to go to multiple optometrists for these rgps you are trying?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:27 pm 

I have gone to two different optometrists.
Just starting w/ the second guy ~ first guy got frustrated after 2.5 years w/out being able to fix me. If number 2 does not work out, I plan on heading down to FL as a final try.
Will keep posting on my progress.