Exposing the LASIK Scam

One Surgeon at a Time
It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:27 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Izon Lenses
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 3:00 pm 

Hi all:
Well, I just had to try the Izon lenses that are made for normal people, but that some people after lasik have found useful. The one person I knew who had them and thought they were the best bang for the buck of all the things they tried got the single vision lenses.. I tried the progressive... Well, much more expensive and the distortion even through the distance part of the lens was so distorted and disturbing and I don't have centered eyes, but this really made them off... They were so awful, I couldn't even wear them for the 2-3 days they suggested you try to adjust to them in. I said, I've been through enough, I refuse to get used to this.. awful.. I will say though, at no charge they are going to change them to the single vision lenses and see how those do and still "try" to address the higher order abberations.. NO money back, now, but I will get some kind of glasses when all is done for the $1,000.00 I spent. (I chose pricey frames and lenses were $695.00 for progressive). I'll keep you posted. Bad thing is I have to wait the 4-5 weeks it took to get the first pair, which were to take 3 weeks, but they said they had anti-reflective coating machine problems and had delay.. The person who got them before me in another state, said they told him same thing, that his lenses did not pass inspection, so had to wait longer.. I did not notice it to be any difference in clarity than the regular glasses I had in the past after lasik.. So, it may be all hype..
Sadeyes

Post subject: Multifocal corneas
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:12 pm 

Hi Sadeyes. I think lots of people with aberrations have problems with progressives because progressive lenses are essentially multifocal. When some jerk surgeon has made your corneas multifocal, adding the progressive feature to your lenses may create too much visual confusion.

I wear bifocals, which are an inexpensive option. My glasses need to be inexpensive because my prescription is always on the move. I have lost count of how many different lens prescriptions I have had since LASIK.

Before LASIK my vision was stable for years.

Post subject: Izon lenses
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 2:12 pm 

HELLO SCIENTIST: In response to your note; below.

Quote:
Hi Sadeyes. I think lots of people with aberrations have problems with progressives because progressive lenses are essentially multifocal. When some jerk surgeon has made your corneas multifocal, adding the progressive feature to your lenses may create too much visual confusion.
TOO MUCH CONFUSION IS RIGHT,,, IT WAS WAY OFF THE CHART.. UNREAL, THANK GOD I DID NOT GET ABBERATIONS TO THAT DEGREE OF WHAT I SAW THROUGH THOSE GLASSES,,, IT WAS SCARIER THAN WHAT I ALREADY HAVE TO LIVE WITH BY 10x.. UGGGH....

Quote:
I wear bifocals, which are an inexpensive option.
THANKS FOR THE TIP.
Quote:
My glasses need to be inexpensive because my prescription is always on the move.
I DID FIND OUT TO MY SURPRISE, THAT MY PRESCRIPTION WAS SAME WHEN JUST RECHECKED AS WAS A MONTH AGO.. SOME STABILIZATION, AT LEAST FOR NOW..
Quote:
I have lost count of how many different lens prescriptions I have had since LASIK.
YES, I DO REMEMBER YOU TELLING ME THAT.. I MADE THE MISTAKE OF SPENDING ALL THAT MONEY FOR WHAT i'M SURE I'LL END UP WITH, WHICH WILL BE $250.00 WORTH PAIR OF REGULAR GLASSES...THAT NOW WILL HAVE COST ME $1,000.00. tHEY DON'T RETURN YOUR MONEY FOR THESE IZONS, YA KNOW.. OH, WELL LEARNED MY LESSONS ON THE GLASSES, NOW. JUST WANTED TO SHARE SO OTHERS SEE A PERSON'S PERSONAL EXPERIENCE WITH THESE LENSES. IF THEY GET THEM, THEY SHOULD MAKE SURE TO JUST GET THEIR SINGLE VISION LENSES, EVEN THEN I DON'T KNOW HOW THOSE WILL BE, AS I HAVEN'T GOTTEN YET; BUT DO KNOW SOMEONE WITH SINGLE VISION IZON'S WHO THINGS THEY ARE A "LITTLE" BIT BETTER THAN REGULAR GLASSES.. I SAW NO DIFFERENCE IN CONTRAST WITH THE IZON'S THAN WITH REGULAR GLASSES THAT HAVE ANTI-REFLECTIVE COATING ON THEM..

Quote:
Before LASIK my vision was stable for years.
YEP, ME TOO...

HOPE YOU ARE WELL....

SADEYES

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:15 pm 

I think how well you do with Izon lenses has a lot to do with the type of aberrations you have. A common problem with corneal refractive surgery is spherical aberration. The aberrations are dynamic with pupil size. No glasses are dynamic with pupil size.

If you have really complex aberrations, Izons won't help. I'm not a big believer in the concept of Izon lenses for patients damaged by corneal refractive surgery.

I keep my glasses simple. I use plastic lenses because they are a bit clearer and add only UV coating, which I think is important.

Well as can be expected here! :wink: Where do you stand on contact lenses?

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:02 pm 

Scientist:
Thanks for your response.. Well, I'm beginning to think that the Izons ARE another marketing scheme. Although I do know that many even who have not had lasik previously have trouble with progressive lenses.. The progressive were just awful for me and now I have to wait another 4-5 weeks for the single vision Izon's mostly because the money has already been spent there, so I'm sure that's why the doc is going ahead and trying those next and then said if they don't work, will get regular glasses made for me.. Wow, regular glasses $1,000.00 later.. Well, I learned my lesson,, only thing was I'm tired of waiting , so went and bought another pair that only took about 2 days to get,, and spent more money, but I wanted relief... Well, I'm seeing quite a bit of distortion in these new aspheric lenses and I had some made in the past by the same place and did not notice as much distortion, so now I'm trying to figure out if it's the prescription or if the compnay who made them did them wrong.. I see clearer in some ways,, and seemingly maybe blurier in other ways.. Can't quite figure it out.. but the floor is very close to my waist, now. The only good thing is I can see the computer fine enough without changing to reading glasses with these glasses on, so don't have to take off and on.. and see distance well. I seem to see distortion in the left side of the left lens,,,like when I turn my head.. woudn't that mean the lens is done wrong or prescrip.. do you know? Anyway,,, will probably get the single vision lenses in about 3 weeks is my guess and maybe I'll see how that prescrip . looks.. I almost feel less distress with the silly $15.00 readers that do not correct the correct prescrip.. but don't see as much distortion in them. They have no astigmatism made in them.. I've even thought I should ask the doc to put me in glasses that have just the power and no astigmatism,, do you know if they can do that? Correcting astigmatism I have that you can correct and having some left that uncorrectable,,, may be more distrurbing than having no astigmatism put in lenses,, it's just thought since I see less disturbing in my readers..
I'll post again about the izons single vision,,,, cuz if those don't work either, I want people to know my experience. I only bought them because 1 post lasik person said they were great for them and heard a few others it worked for,, but after asking again found out the difference was so very slight between their izon's and their regular glasses...
As for the contacts, well,now that i've spent $1,500.00 on glasses, of which still not very happy.. I cannot afford to go to FL to get the contacts probably till next year when my credit card is paid off or down. I'm not rich.... And since I need a HDef TV bad,, since watching what I have with my contrast and haze issues is awful..I still keep my ears open for a drawing to win one. Sad for me, I think my contrast is getting significantly worse,,, I feel like I see more cloudy like, and since finding I have corneal haze in left eye now, too... the pic in that eye is I'd say worse than right eye.. And the right eye used to be the bad one.. This sucks so bad... I feel like such a loser today. It's hard to maintain friendships, etc... when you feel so sad and so not normal compared to others and how you used to be. Anyway,, sorry, but having a bad day.. I used to sing professionally and saw a bunch of musicians play last night that I used to play with.. It was an event, everyone I knew and/or played with was there.. I feel so out of the loop in everything...
Let me know any of your thoughts about my ????'s re: glasses made with no astigmatism.. has anyone tried?
Sadeyes/Sadheart

Post subject: What's your current prescription?
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 12:57 am 

Sadeyes,

Can you post your current glasses prescription on this thread? Grinding regular glasses is pretty simple. It is very unlikely that you have an irregularity in your lens. It is much more likely that you have irregularities in your cornea. This corneal irregularity, induced by surgery, can result in different vision in different parts of your eye... that is DISTORTION. I really doubt that your Optometrist got your prescription for your regular astigmatism (the kind that can be corrected with glasses) wrong.

Sometimes not being fully corrected can 'soften' the effect of this mess. This may be why you prefer your readers.

However, having your regular astigmatism fully corrected may be helping you with your computer, as astigmatism gives you blurry vision at all distances. If your vision is less blurry you may have less need to magnify it with readers.

I would be more inclined to back off on my sphere correction (sphere is nearsightedness/farsightedness) rather than omit the astigmatism correction in my glasses.

It is very upsetting to hear that you will not be going to Florida soon. I have a bit of advice. Google the Zwave website and find a Zwave fitter in your area. He/she likely won't be as good at fitting Zwaves as Ken Maller, but you may get a great deal of relief and it should only cost a couple of hundred bucks.

If you are not completely happy with these Zwaves they will still likely be much better than glasses... and may tide you over until you can afford to travel to Florida.

If you are unhappy with any of the glasses you bought try returning them to see if you can get your money back.

Hang in there. You are not isolated... there are scads of us in the same boat.

Post subject: izon lenses
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 2:24 pm 

Thanks for your reply.. I am going to respond to each of your questions in caps below.

Sadeyes,

Quote:
Can you post your current glasses prescription on this thread?

OD (right) +0.75 Sphere / -1.25 Cylinder / 177 Axis
OS (left) +1.50 Sphere / - 0.75 Cylinder / 010 Axis

Quote:
Grinding regular glasses is pretty simple.
YOU WOULD THINK, RIGHT? I DO FEEL CONFIDENT WITH THE DOC WHO PRESCRIBED THE LENSES AND I DO SEE THE CLEAREST OUT OF EACH EYE THAN HAVE WITH ANY OTHER PRESCRIPTIONS,, AND HAVE BEEN TOLD IT'S SAME AS MONTH AGO, SO SOME STABILIZATION FOR NOW OCCURING. GOOD.

Quote:
It is very unlikely that you have an irregularity in your lens. It is much more likely that you have irregularities in your cornea.
I HAVE HAD ANOTHER PAIR OF LENSES MADE BY THE SAME EYEGLASSES (PEARLE VISION) AND THEY DID NOT HAVE AS MUCH DISTORTION, OF COURSE THE DOC WHO PRESCRIBED PRESCRIPTION IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME. THAT IS WHY I WONDERED, CUZ I DIDN'T HAVE AS "MUCH" SWERVEY GOING ON,, SOME, CUZ I KNOW THAT IS MY CORNEA ISSUE, BUT JUST NOT AS MUCH.. MAYBE LIKE YOU SAID BECAUSE IT'S CLEARER, IT'S EVEN MORE OBVIOUS??? LESS BLURRY???
Quote:
This corneal irregularity, induced by surgery, can result in different vision in different parts of your eye... that is DISTORTION.
DISTORTION, YES, AND I'M VERY CLEAR ABOUT THAT,,, HAVE BEEN SINCE DAY ONE.. I NOTICED IT RIGHT AWAY..
Quote:
I really doubt that your Optometrist got your prescription for your regular astigmatism (the kind that can be corrected with glasses) wrong.
HE DID SPEND A LONG TIME TO GET IT JUST RIGHT AND I DO SEE CLEARER THAN EVER, JUST STILL OFF OF COURSE, DUE TO THE OTHER ISSUES...

Quote:
Sometimes not being fully corrected can 'soften' the effect of this mess.
This may be why you prefer your readers. GOOD POINT,,,, I KNOW MY READERS ARE NOT RIGHT PRESCRIPTIONS EITHER, THE READERS MOST COMFORTABLE WERE A +1.00 OVER THE COUNTER,, SO HELPED SOME FOR DISTANCE IN LEFT EYE AND SOME FOR CLOSE UP IN RIGHT EYE, KINDA LIKE MONO GLASSES.. I ASKED HIM IF THEY MAKE THOSE IN GLASSES, HE SAID NO, JUST CONTACTS.

Quote:
However, having your regular astigmatism fully corrected may be helping you with your computer, as astigmatism gives you blurry vision at all distances. If your vision is less blurry you may have less need to magnify it with readers.
THAT IS PROBABLY SO.

Quote:
I would be more inclined to back off on my sphere correction (sphere is nearsightedness/farsightedness) rather than omit the astigmatism correction in my glasses.
I WILL ASK ABOUT THAT WHEN I GO BACK TO DOC WHO DID PRESCRIP.. WHEN I GO TO PICK UP THE SINGLE VISION IZONS.. HE HAS SAID IF THEY DON'T WORK, HE WILL GET ME A PAIR OF REGULAR LENSES ..

Quote:
It is very upsetting to hear that you will not be going to Florida soon. I have a bit of advice. Google the Zwave website and find a Zwave fitter in your area. He/she likely won't be as good at fitting Zwaves as Ken Maller, but you may get a great deal of relief and it should only cost a couple of hundred bucks.
I WOULD DO THAT HOWEVER, HAVE ALREADY LOOKED IN PAST AND NONE CLOSE BY AND ONES I CALLED SAID THEY DO NOT DO Z-WAVE ANY LONGER.. PLUS THE WHOLE REASON FOR GETTING GLASSES IS BECAUSE I WAS TOLD BY FITTER IN FLORIDA, I HAVE TO BE OUT OF LENSES FOR AT LEAST A MONTH.. SO I WOULD BE RIGHT BACK TO HAVING TO TRY AND NORMALIZE MY CORNEA ALL OVER AGAIN AND HAVE JUST SPENT AGAIN $1,500.00 ON GLASSES I'M NOT USING.... FOR NOW IT MAY BE BEST I GET SOME TOLERABLE GLASSES.

Quote:
If you are not completely happy with these Zwaves they will still likely be much better than glasses... and may tide you over until you can afford to travel to Florida.

Quote:
If you are unhappy with any of the glasses you bought try returning them to see if you can get your money back.
I HAVE TAKE TWO PAIR BACK ALREADY TO THE PLACE THAT WILL RETURN THEM. PEARLE VISION,,, THEY ARE VERY NICE TO ME, UNDERSTAND MY SITUATION.. BUT IF THE PRESCRIP IS RIGHT, THEY WOULD MAKE ME GET A NEW PRESCRIP. OF WHICH I WOULD HAVE TO WAIT TO SEE THE DOC WHO'S DOING THE IZON LENSES TO GET THAT,,, I'M RUNNING OUT OF MONEY, SO NEED TO USE THE CURRENT RESOURCES I HAVE TO AVOID THAT. THE NEW DOC IS TRYING TO AVOID EXTRA COSTS, PLUS THEY ALREADY HAVE ALL MONEY IN THOSE IZONS.. SO I KNOW THEY KNOW I WANT SOMETHING FOR THAT. THE DOC HAS TRIED TO KEEP ME FROM SPENDING MORE MONEY.. THAT IS NICE,, AND HARD TO FIND. THE IZON'S HOWEVER, SINCE THE CO. IS IN CALIFORNIA.. NO REFUND THERE,,,AND I BOUGHT THE FRAMES FROM SOMEWHERE WHERE THEY ARE NOT RETURNABLE,, THEY FIT BETTER THAN THE OTHERS I HAD SEEN AT THE TIME,, SO WENT AHEAD AND INVESTED IN THEM, PLUS THEY WERE RIGHT SIZE FOR PROGRESSIVES... I'M THINKING IF THE IZONS ARE NO GOOD, TO ASK HIM TO MAKE ME BIFOCALS, POSSIBLY,, SINCE I ALREADY NOW HAVE SINGLE VISION CUZ I DIDN'T WANT TO WAIT...

I'M WEARING JUST +1.50 OVER COUNTER READERS WRITING THIS TO YOU, AND YOU KNOW I DON'T SEE MUCH BLURRINESS,, (ASTIGMATISM) , NOTHING REAL DISTRUBING ANYWAY,,HMMMMMM.

Quote:
Hang in there. You are not isolated... there are scads of us in the same boat.
I KNOW,,,,, AND I FEEL FOR ALL OF US.

HEY, THIS WEEK I'VE NOTICED A SIGNIFICANT DECREASE IN CONTRAST, KINDA CLOUDY LIKE,, YOU THINK I SHOULD MAKE AN APPT. ABOUT THAT? IT JUST STARTED THIS WEEK SINCE I GOT THE GLASSES.... CAN GLASSES DO THAT???? EVEN? OR IS IT MAYBE SOME OTHER ISSUE BESIDES DECREASED CONTRAST THAT I SHOULD BE WORRIED ABOUT.. CLOUDY LIKE,, INTERMITENTLY.

THANKS, GOTTA RUN FOR NOW. SADEYES

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 6:50 pm 

sadeyes said:

Quote:
HEY, THIS WEEK I'VE NOTICED A SIGNIFICANT DECREASE IN CONTRAST, KINDA CLOUDY LIKE,, YOU THINK I SHOULD MAKE AN APPT. ABOUT THAT? IT JUST STARTED THIS WEEK SINCE I GOT THE GLASSES.... CAN GLASSES DO THAT???? EVEN? OR IS IT MAYBE SOME OTHER ISSUE BESIDES DECREASED CONTRAST THAT I SHOULD BE WORRIED ABOUT.. CLOUDY LIKE,, INTERMITENTLY.

If you notice any sudden changes in your vision you should go see a doctor IMMEDIATELY. Sometimes getting new glasses can cause changes in the amount of active focusing you're trying to do. Post-LASIK patients can end up with serious accomodation problems that cause blurry vision and eyestrain.

But glasses are not going to do any permanent harm to your eyes.

Most cases of intermittant blurry vision after LASIK are due to dry eye, but you need to find out what's causing your blurry vision for sure because some causes of blurry vision such as DLK and infection are vision-threatening, and require prompt intervention.

Quote:
THAT IS WHY I WONDERED, CUZ I DIDN'T HAVE AS "MUCH" SWERVEY GOING ON

I love how you put that... 'swervy going on'. I have swervy going on, too. Never had swervy going on before LASIK. Did you? Sounds like higher order aberrations to me.

Quote:
ONES I CALLED SAID THEY DO NOT DO Z-WAVE ANY LONGER..

I did a quick internet check and I'm wondering if the company that produced z-waves has stopped or gone out of business?

Quote:
PLUS THE WHOLE REASON FOR GETTING GLASSES IS BECAUSE I WAS TOLD BY FITTER IN FLORIDA, I HAVE TO BE OUT OF LENSES FOR AT LEAST A MONTH.. SO I WOULD BE RIGHT BACK TO HAVING TO TRY AND NORMALIZE MY CORNEA ALL OVER AGAIN AND HAVE JUST SPENT AGAIN $1,500.00 ON GLASSES I'M NOT USING.... FOR NOW IT MAY BE BEST I GET SOME TOLERABLE GLASSES.

You'll need a pair of glasses anyway, because you won't wear you contacts 100% of the time. It isn't a waste to get glasses! A good pair of frames that you like can hold many different lenses if your post-LASIK vision changes again, although I hope it's stable for you finally!

Quote:
I'M WEARING JUST +1.50 OVER COUNTER READERS WRITING THIS TO YOU, AND YOU KNOW I DON'T SEE MUCH BLURRINESS,, (ASTIGMATISM) , NOTHING REAL DISTRUBING ANYWAY,,HMMMMMM.

You have enough astigmatism to see the benefit of having it corrected, although this may not be noticeable when you are working on the computer. Try looking off in the distance and swapping out your readers and your new prescription!

Post subject: contrast issues
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:16 pm 

Eye:
Thanks for your reply.. Before I rec'd your reply, I opted to call my optometrist and went in last Friday right away, just to be sure that the past DLK I had and corneal haze, etc,,, had not been returning or something new happening.. He did not see anything new and said the epithelial ingrowth I had been diagnosed with in right eye, also looked stabilized. I am very glad I went not only to ease my mind about any serious new conditions or old ones to ruin more of my vision, but it turned out to be a very valuable visit. He took much time with me and he said since my last visit there he had been doing some thinking and wanted to talk to me about contacts. I had told him my goal was to get to FL to get contacts to help my situation in any way it can be helped.. He said he's willing to try anything and take as much time as it will take, to find something for me that will work here. He is charging me such a minimal fee too I see, to help me out,, so nice of him. I am very touched to find a doctor who "cares" enough to take the time and work with me, here in my own town. He even called after I left to run another idea by me and we are going to try a few things right off the bat.
He said my corneas look pretty good and does not see haze any longer,,, so I am still stumped as to why I see what I call the "Simpson's" glow around everyone. So ya'all can better understand, that means that I see a line around every person, as if you were watching the Simpsons TV show.. And I see same ghosted line around every "thing" in life whether it be in a room or in a pic,,tv, or magazine, .. I am surprised that he does not know what that is,, as he is very experienced with post-lasik problems.. Does anyone know what causes that???? It happened one month after surgery and I've had a doc elude that it's permanent, even thought that doc wouldn't tell me what it was.. He saw something coming, and told me to go to my surgeon to look at it,, but by the time I got there, it was too late, the damage was done.
The other thing I learned while there is that my glasses "are" the correct prescription, however, the anti-relfective coating is not seen around the edges of the lens. I am going to have them remake these and try to either make with regular plastic (they are made with aspheric thin polycarbonate) or something,, as I get distortion just moving my head either way the very slightest, and I did not have this kind of distortion from the glasses before these I got from the same place. These are single vision lenses.. I think they maybe didn't make them quite right,, as even in the car at night my instrument panel looks more faded than when I put my +1.00 readers on.. Any ideas about that???
So, for me the good news is,, I can save time and money trying contacts here with an OD who has made it clear they are willing to take whatever time and resources it takes to find something for me. Vs. waiting till next year when I can afford the time and money to travel. I'm too in debt to do that now. Sad thing for me is , I think it's realistic to expect that this nasty glow (Simpsons) around people is not going to go away even with contacts. That's the worse,, how it makes you feel removed from life and not "real" and everyone looks freaky.. Freak life!!!!! That's what I call it. Plus at home, I can hardly see the difference between my nieces nose and cheek in her pic I have on the wall. It's so very saddening and painful. That's even with the glasses on. It's worse than before.

Hey, eye, these glasses have yellow color inside, black outside,,,, the color inside couldn't effect what I see, could it?

Please respond.. I appreciate it.!
Sadeyes

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:43 pm 

Well, everyone I wanted to report that after having rec'd my Izon Progressive lenses that had a nightmare of distortion, they after another set of many weeks sent back the single vision lenses... of course they did lose my $240.00 frames I bought to send for them to put the lenses in,,, and after all that wait.. these lenses are crud , too.. They do NOTHING FOR STARBURSTS OR HALOS.. like they advertise,, I changed my normal glasses to Izons and back when driving , and there is NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THEM, EXCEPT THAT THE IZONS HAVE MORE DISTORTION THAN MY REGULAR GLASSES.. The contrast seems to be no better either,. I just WASTED $1,000.00 and now have purple frames instead of black, cuz that's what they sent me,since they lost mine. THAT'S A BIG CHUNK of money TO LOSE , cuz they do not refund your money and I can't even wear these stinkin' glasses either... The doc wants me to wear (but I haven't been) for a while and then come back.. he usually checks my prescrip. again and then I can see if I should change my existing pair, since I feel I don't see the best.. But , I wanted to share my first hand experience. These IZONS ARE NO BETTER TO ME THAN REGULAR GLASSES W/ANTI-REFLECTIVE COATING.
SADEYES (AND GOING BROKE).. AND I STILL SEE LIKE CRAP!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:59 am 

I've been trying to warn patients for 2 or 3 years not to waste their money on Izon lenses. Aberrations change with pupil size. There's no way a pair of glasses can correct for changes with lighting and pupil size. LASIK creates a multifocal cornea. The only thing you can do for that is stick a hard lens on it.

I'm sorry you had to go through this and waste your money and get your hopes up for nothing. :cry:

"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato

Post subject: Izon Lenses/glasses
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:05 pm 

Broken Eyes:
Yeah, wish I had read somewhere here that they weren't worth the money. another lasik patient said they had them and thought they were great.. ??????? I hoped they at least helped with best contrast, but to me no different than regular glasses either. 1,000.00 is a lot of money, when you are still paying off your visa for the stupid, damn lasik surgery. I hope others see a couple of our notes and don't waste their money on IZONS. I got a better pair of regular glasses I can actually wear for $300.00 bucks.(frames and lenses for that price) I still have to go back to doc to get the izon lenses replaced with regular lenses. He said he would do that, and should after getting $700.00 for the lenses from me. I'm telling you having TWO DECENTERED EYEBALLS, CAN SOMETIMES MAKE YOU GO CRAZY............... IT'S SO DAMN FRUSTRATING HAVING EYES CROOKED ALL DAY....................... oops, sorry had to vent!
Sadeyes

Post subject: Decentrations...
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:13 pm 

I know you have thin corneas because you had a high pre-op prescription... but maybe some day you could address that decentration with a topography guided treatment that only hit the areas needed to center your ablation.

You don't need your thin areas to be any thinner.

I am almost NEVER in favor of surgery unless someone has a decentration or has a LOT of tissue and could benefit from a zone widening. Most people who need a larger effective optical zone don't have enough tissue to accomplish the enlargement.

Post subject: Decentration
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:40 pm 

Truly:
Thanks for responding. It's a nice "thought" however with 212 microns of tissue left in left eye under the flap and having corneal haze, irregular flaps, had DLK and corneal haze, etc, etc... the risk of making worse is probably greater, I would think,, and then there's the aspect of who do you trust,, I've seen 13 docs thus far,, and I don't know if I feel any of them would do me any good and some only did me harm just from the visit alone with their verbal and emotional abuse they put me through..
Thanks for the thought,, How are you doing?
Sadeyes