Exposing the LASIK Scam

One Surgeon at a Time
It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:39 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Z-wave lenses
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:22 pm 

Has anyone used or are using z-wave lenses for their irregular cornea after lasik.. And how are they working for you? I know that not one lens works for all, but I am thinking of trying them and wanted to hear from others who have. I don't have too bad a dry eye problem,, I do have it, but am able to keep my gas perms in all day with lubrication and was hoping the z-waves would fit better than only pair I have now (due to the fact no optometrist wants to help me) and correct some issues. If you use them what issues have they resolved for you and where did you get them?
Thanks for any feedback.
Sadeyes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:51 pm 

I tried them. They probably worked better than any other RGP I tried, but I could never tolerate them unfortunately.

"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato

Post subject: Re: Z-wave lenses
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:35 am 

sadeyes wrote:
Has anyone used or are using z-wave lenses for their irregular cornea after lasik.

I tried it some years ago for my irregular cornea after RK. It didn't work out. IMO, it's just another type of RGP lens. I think the key to have a pair of well fitted and comfortable lenses is to find an experienced and resourceful RGP fitter who is willing to help.

Post subject: z-wave
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:39 pm 

Thanks for your responses. My problem IS finding an OD who will help me at all. One doesn't want to help anymore than the existing lenses I have (not good fit) and another doesn't do z-wave and said he couldn't promise he could get me any to work and just wanted me to keep making appt., pay him more and do nothing.
Has anyone gone to Dr. Ken Maller in FL for z-wave? If so, how did they work for you you? I was thinking of trying that maybe, at least he wants to help.
Sadeyes