Exposing the LASIK Scam

One Surgeon at a Time
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:19 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: The only LASIK dry eye therapy that ever worked for me
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:00 am 

I have started drinking over a gallon of green tea each day. I make it easy for myself by buying Lipton diet green tea in 20 oz bottles. I drink 3-4 of those, plus a regular cup of hot tea daily.

Concommitantly I have started taking 2 TBSP of Liquemax nutritional supplement, sold at Sam's Club. It is high in antioxidants as well.

My eyes are no where near as comfortable as they were pre-LASIK, when I didn't know what it was LIKE to have unremitting dry, burning and stinging eyes.

At my most recent eye exam I did have trace staining but nothing like the severe ocular surface disease that I have had for the past.... nearly 3 years since my botched LASIK, performed by Dr. Terry Kim at Duke University Laser Vision 'Correction' Center.

My tear breakup time was 10 seconds OD, 9 seconds OS. This is a vast improvement over not being able to hold a tear film long enough to have a scan taken.

I can't say my eyes never hurt on this regimen, but they are better. Improvement was seen in less than a week. My dry eye is still serious enough to interfere with vision from time to time. Having less pain after all this time, however, is a big deal.

The butchers who continue to perform elective surgeries that cause dry eye disease deserve everything the legal system and negative press can throw at them, because there is no cure for dry eye induced by corneal refractive surgical procedures. The root cause is surgically-induced nerve damage.

Surgeons all know this, but somehow manage to not be very forthcoming about inevitable damage to your eyes when they are trying to SELL a pricey surgery.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:56 am 

Someone I know tried flaxseed oil caplets and a humidifier, and it worked great for him.....so I'm trying that myself now. I'm keeping my fingers crossed it works. I'll add green tea as well. Thanks for the tip.

Post subject: Portable humidifier?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:21 am 

I think I would have to carry the humidifier everwhere I go. I tried flaxseed oil. I think this helps people who don't have oily enough tears the most, although the Omeaga fatty acids also have antioxidant properties. Like green tea.

I tried pharmaceutical grade fish oil AND flaxseed oil. Didn't help.

Some people do carry their humidifier everywhere they go... in the form of goggles. I may get a pair of Panoptyx goggles to give my ocular surface some extra hydration.

Do you know about Panoptyx goggles? You can Google them... they have a website. They look fairly sporty and normal, and behind the frames is a seal to hold in moisture. You can have a prescription and even bifocals put in them. Clear lenses are available.