Exposing the LASIK Scam

One Surgeon at a Time
It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:53 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Boric acid? Can we make our own eye drops?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:15 am 

I am trying to find eye drops that I won't be sensitive to. I noticed that the new eyedrops the doctor just started me on a few days ago contain boric acid. That doesn't sound good to me. I am wondering what all is out there for sensitive eyes.

Can I make my own eyedrops at home using stuff I'm not sensitive to?

I allready knew I was sensitive to many soaps and detergents. I use a "allergen free" detergent for my clothes and still need to run them through an extra rinse or I itch.

Maybe I should go see an allergist?

My understanding is that the dry eye causes more cells to die in my eye, so the body reacts to these extra dead cells like it does to things it is allergic to. Using eye drops that I'm also sensitive to just gives me a few minutes relief before I start reacting to them.

I'm even sensitive to the special "allergy" eye drops.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:34 pm 

Are you using preservative-free drops, the ones in the single use vials?

"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato

Post subject: Preservative free
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:34 am 

Yes. They are better than the others but I still think they irritate me a little. The dry eye is worse than the eyedrop ittitation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:37 pm 

I also rinse my eyes twice a day (first thing in the morning and last thing at night) with sterile saline solution. I use Unisol4. It gets the gunk out. Once I open the bottle I keep it in the refrigerator. I squirt it straight into my eyes. The cold water feels good in my burning eyes.

"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:30 pm 

How many people have tried MSM drops here?! i've picked some up recently and have to say, they are really actually good. Seems this ingredient of MethylSulfonylMethane works on softening the tissue alittle of the eye with its sulfur. Have a read up and definitely worth a try for anyone with bad feeling eyes from surgeory - like myself at times. I've tried most drops, most just end up becoming irratating. Yes as Broken eyes does, i need to usually wash out gunk in my eyes in the morning and when my eyes tire.

Nearly 3 months out from having combined t-ptk smoothing/corneal wavefront prk on my weaker eye - with no mmc and no bandage lens!! was a shock about .... 1 hour after the operation...when the pain kicked in. Healed very well....suprising quickly too....this on an eye that has had 4 flap lifts!!
Daytime vision has been massively improved and reminds me what life was alittle like before lasik, when they don't feel tired also. Medium to big pupil scatter/nastynass is still evident - and likely i will have to live with forever now - but the op didn't induce anything more - whatever is the cause is still under the treatment (flap "scrunch") - too dangerous at this moment in time/technology to do anything more.

To have my dominant eye done in few months (this one being untouched for 3 years and only 2 "treatments").. to give me a straight feeling head that i have missed for 3 years :( Please anyone........IF you read these forums..........coming from someone who has had to have surface work to try and restore lasik-nastyness......DO NOT have LASIK flaps period!!!!! IF..........IF.......any surgeory have surface only - at least u won't get left with something permanently embedded causing problems. And fingering crossed "doctors" continuing doing lasik will burn in hell with the devil performing lasik on them. :evil: sorry, only people i genuinely hate in this world of ours now.

Post subject: Creation of LASIK flaps in corneas should be banned ASAP
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:36 pm 

davey,

By now all the surgeons who still cut LASIK flaps in healthy previously unoperated eyes know it's a bad thing to do.

I have some 'flap scruch' myself, and know what it's like to live with that.

Let us know how your retreatment healing progresses!

Haven't heard anything about MSM drops. Who makes them?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:00 am 
 WWW  Profile

Dear Group;

As has been written here many times, dry eyes play a significant role in the problems that most of you face. The technical term for this is "epithelial basement membrane disease." By this we mean that the membrane that regenerates the epithelium (the outermost corneal cells) cannot do this in the same manner as was done before the lasik procedure. When we look at most-post lasik corneas through a bio-microscope (slit lamp), areas of the cornea missing epithelial cells can easily be seen. In addition, very often the flap/cornea interface is still open.

As far as eye drops are concerned, I have found that the more viscous drops provide greater comfort and protect the cornea better from the environment and the blinking action of the eyelids. One of these eye drops is called "Celluvisc" and is over-the-counter. Another great product is called "Liquid Gel" available from a small lab in Dallas called Ocusoft. I have no financial interest in either of these products.

Edward Boshnick, O.D., F.A.A.O.
www.eyefreedom.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:39 pm 

drbosh wrote:
When we look at most-post lasik corneas through a bio-microscope (slit lamp), areas of the cornea missing epithelial cells can easily be seen. In addition, very often the flap/cornea interface is still open.

It's disgusting that doctors routinely see this long-term damage to the cornea, but don't inform patients and continue pushing this harmful surgery.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:59 pm 

bit like their bank balances for gambling with people's lives - disgusting!!

here are the msm drops, don't know manufacturers page, but i live in uk and thats where i got em, they are made in the usa though :wink: as i say, worth a try and simple ingredients that don't build up to an irratation - plus bigish bottle that should last ages. i know some probably spend a fortune on all kinds of drops, especially the preservative free single vial ones.

http://www.detoxyourworld.com/acatalog/msm_drops.html