Exposing the LASIK Scam

One Surgeon at a Time
It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:19 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: iLASIK - the latest hype, new spin on a harmful surgery
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:55 pm 

The latest hype in the LASIK industry is iLASIK. If you've been following femtosecond technology, you know this is not all that new. Basically it's cutting a flap with a laser instead of a blade. Advanced Medical Optics, Inc. (AMO) put a VISX laser with an IntraLase flap and called it iLASIK. Most lasik-flap readers have already formed the opinion that VISX lasers are junk. A VISX laser ruined my vision. And readers who have been following the IntraLase (femtosecond) forum know that this technology is associated with serious complications.

http://www.lasik-flap.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=15

iLASIK is just a new spin on a harmful procedure.

"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:38 pm 

"There's a sucker born every minute!" - P.T. Barnum

That would be really funny if it weren't so sad. I happen to think itunes is a really lame rip off though, so this particular hype sort of backfired for me... darn!

I like how the promo shows a woman riding on a motorcycle with no eye protection. They just need to add some text... "What could possibly be more stupid than riding a bike with nothing shielding your eyes? Why iLasik of course!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:04 pm 

Read about this patient's "iLASIK" experience:

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/c ... _ID=964840

Manufacturer Narrative
The visx star chair was positioned in the patient loading position ("fully swung out") for use with the intralase femtosecond laser. The chair back is locked flat only when it is positioned under the visx laser and unintentional or intentional contact with the chair back switch while in the patient loading position may cause the chair back to rise.

Event Description
The surgeon reported that while preparing for a lasik procedure on a female patient, the back of the visx patient chair began to rise and would not stop. At the time, the chair was in position under the intralase femtosecond laser. The patient was pinned under the intralase and received multiple small lacerations over the right brow, the bridge of the nose and right cheek. The patient also had a lid haematoma, conjunctival swelling and hemorrhage, and corneal abrasion to the right eye. The patient required compressive bandages on the lacerations and follow-up for the corneal abrasion. During the follow-up exam the surgeon described the appearance of a cortical cataract which was not present prior to the injury. The dilated retinal exam was normal.

"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:25 pm 

iPod, iPhone, now iLasik. Apple sells tons of iProducts for the popularity of the "i". Amazing that the Lasik industry jumps on the bandwagon, with iLasik. pffft! or should I say iPffft!