Exposing the LASIK Scam

One Surgeon at a Time
It is currently Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:52 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: They've truly resorted to used car sales tactics
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:30 pm 

Gas rebates?!?!

Eyeglass World, a top retailer of eyewear, and The LASIK Vision Institute, a leading provider of laser vision correction services, today announced the two retailers will be offering customers a special gas rebate with the purchase of a new pair of eyeglasses or a LASIK procedure.

Eyeglass World customers who bring in their gas receipt will receive a credit of up to $75 towards the purchase of a new pair of eyeglasses; The LASIK Vision Institute is offering a credit of up to $100 toward the purchase of laser vision correction.

Broken Eyes

"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:44 am 

How true! - What is really horrible is that the eyes of successful and happy human beings are being ruined to make a quick and easy buck. I could eventually forgive a used car salesman who took my money by deception, but I cannot forgive the LasikPlus flunkies and doctor(?) who decided the pursuit of a little money was more important than my eyes.

The big beef of most Lasik patients who do not have cognitive dissonance is that they were sold a package of lies and silence when it came down to life critical decisions about their eyes.

I know it is somewhat subjective to actually prove some post-surgical visual results, but I believe it is very probable that nearly 100% if not 100% of all Lasik patients have varying degrees of glare, halos, starbursts, ghosting, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:42 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Marguerite McDonald, MD - Cataract & Refractive Surgery Today, May 2007:

Sometimes, listeners then ask me if they should wait for the next procedure. My favorite response involves an analogy to a car. I explain that they are hardly likely to wait 10 years to buy an automobile, because the currently available models function beautifully.

Perhaps Dr. McDonald doesn't understand that you can't "trade-in" your LASIK-damaged eyes for a new pair in a couple of years.

Source: http://www.lasikcomplications.com/marketing.htm