It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:12 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: LCA-Vision Has Biggest Drop in Six Months on Profit
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 2:05 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Bloomberg.com
4/29/08

Quote:
Lasik procedures dropped 25 percent to 44,159 from the year-ago period as a slowing U.S. economy caused consumers to cut back on discretionary spending. Lasik surgery typically costs $800 to $3,000 or more per eye, and often isn't covered by health insurance.

``There's been a big focus on pushing the average selling price for the procedure as high as it can go and now the company is losing market share,'' said John Ransom, an analyst with Raymond James & Associates, in an interview from St. Petersburg, Florida. ``Same-center procedure volumes were down more than 30 percent. This company used to reliably be taking market share and now it isn't, and management doesn't really know why.''

Article at:
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid= ... swNV.5yPPg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 10:07 pm 

They sure are running a lot of ads.

Did you know, every time you see a LASIK Plus ad, if you click through, it generates about $2 in ad revenue for the website that's running the LASIK Plus ads ?

I don't think LASIK Plus will be able to advertise their way back to robust profitability.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 11:12 pm 

stillhere wrote:
They sure are running a lot of ads.

Did you know, every time you see a LASIK Plus ad, if you click through, it generates about $2 in ad revenue for the website that's running the LASIK Plus ads ?

I don't think LASIK Plus will be able to advertise their way back to robust profitability.

I didn't know that the cost was that high. I'll start clicking on these advertising links rather than passing over them in the future just to charge some additional cost to these predators.