Exposing the LASIK Scam

One Surgeon at a Time
It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:04 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: E-mail from my LASIK surgeon Dr. Dean Dornic, MD
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:24 am 

Howdy Folks, I just want to share an adoring e-mail from my LASIK surgeon...Hallmark couldn't have written a kinder card....

Here is the message:
To: bendornicked@yahoo.com
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 22:14:46 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: LASIK

I am truly sorry to hear that you are suffering so badly. I had previously wanted to meet with you and your husband but I respect your decision to not meet. It has bothered me to not be able to set the record straight on some assumptions you may have. First, when I wrote my reply to the N & O, I had no idea you were having such problems. I had sent the letter in before your final visit with me and before your distressing phone call. Second, my letter was edited with an inflammatory headline added and significant sections deleted which truly changed the context. I hope and pray that you get better soon.

Post subject: www.bendornicked@yahoo.com
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:37 pm 

LASIK surgeons are sadists and like to watch lesser people scream for mercy.

Post subject: Dr. Dean Dornic
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 10:06 pm 

Yep...verbal vomit lame-ass excuse/apology from Dr. Dean Dornic.

Makes me want to throw-up from the floor-up.

Dr. Dean Dornic claims his "letter was edited with an inflammatory headline added and significant sections deleted which truly changed the context".....lets review the letter to the Editor again further analyze the situation.
Dr. Dean Dornic, MD can certainly air his formal complaints right here on The Flap so us "flappies" can get to the bottom of the situation.

LASIK story overblown

How does this headline grab you for your next, hard-hitting report: "Thousands experience problems from fast-food hamburgers"? (Lots of people dribble condiments on their clothes or suffer indigestion, don't they?) Oh, and be sure to feature a picture of a poor soul in intensive care after suffering from food poisoning or mad cow disease.

Your Sept. 30 report on the perils of LASIK surgery reeks of sensationalism. Yes, thousands do suffer from problems after LASIK, but the overwhelming majority of problems are temporary and nowhere near the severity of those encountered by the patient you featured.

Even the statistics presented in the article were taken out of context. A recent study of LASIK patients found that 9 percent of LASIK patients were somewhat or very dissatisfied with their night vision six months after LASIK but that 25.3 percent were dissatisfied before undergoing the procedure.

Certainly patients need to be educated as to the risks and benefits of the procedure. This is best done as part of a frank discussion between the patient and eye surgeon. Unfortunately, the distorted negative picture of LASIK you presented might dissuade many who could benefit from even having that discussion.

Dean Dornic

Raleigh

Post subject: Dr. Dean Dornic knows he severed your corneal nerves
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:18 am 

And Dr. Dean Dornic, MD knows that the flap never heals. How does he expect you to get better soon???

Last edited by Eye on Wed May 07, 2008 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 2:30 pm 

Dr. Dean Dornic, at www.visionauthorities.com

Post subject: Dr. Dean Dornic responsible for awareness of dry eye crisis
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 3:33 am 

It was Cary LASIK surgeon Dr. Dean Dornic's responsibility to know that his patient had a post-LASIK schirmer's score of zero, which is excruciatingly painful and extremely distressing to patients. Severe LASIK-induced dry eye can be permanent and disabling.

While Dr. Dean Dornic's patient, 'Ben Dornicked', had a documented Schirmer's score of zero, meaning the eyes essentially were not producing tears, and the patients eyelids were dragging across the eyes and drying shut... Dr. Dornic had the nerve to call the patient's spouse at home and tell the spouse that the patient was insane and using LASIK as a platform.

Perhaps Dr. Dean Dornic should have the experience of corneal nerves so severed and damaged by LASIK that his eyes produce no tears... and see for himself how LASIK-induced nerve damage affects his quality of life...

I'm not buying Dr. Dean Dornic's apology.