Exposing the LASIK Scam

One Surgeon at a Time
It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:57 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 1:05 am 

bearsfan_54 wrote:
I'm wondering if he had PRK done and they're just saying LASIK.

It is well known that PRK causes haze in high myopes. That's one reason they started cutting flaps -- to avoid haze in high myopes.

I know his former girlfriend. She told me he had LASIK.

"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 3:39 am 

"Perhaps his contract states that he can't say anything negative about TLC. But, can he say anything negative about Lasik? Can he say anything negative about refractive surgery in general? Sigh. Well, I'm speculating at this point." -RaginFro

I think that even if he just said something negative about LASIK in general, that's still not gonna fly because saying the TRUTH about the harm that LASIK does automatically says something negative about ANYONE who performs it, TLC included.

"I know his former girlfriend. She told me he had LASIK." -Broken Eyes

Wow, that's pretty intense that she obviously must still talk to him to some degree. I don't know if I personally would even be able to look the guy in the face, knowing that he referred me to the Dr. that destroyed my eye sight, and knowing that he still promotes that Dr. doing the same thing to other people that follow. Maybe she's a much more forgiving person than I am. Maybe she knows that information for some other random reason. Either way, that info struck me as kind of interesting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:37 pm 

Regrets wrote:

she obviously must still talk to him to some degree.

I don't believe she has communicated with him in years.

"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:59 pm 

Broken Eyes wrote:

I don't believe she has communicated with him in years.

Oh, I wonder how she knows that he had LASIK for sure then. Maybe they still have connections through mutual friends or somthing. ::shrug::

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:47 am 

Regrets wrote:
Oh, I wonder how she knows that he had LASIK for sure then. Maybe they still have connections through mutual friends or somthing. ::shrug::

She knew/dated him back then, when he had LASIK. That's been 7 or 8 years ago at least.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:50 pm 

Broken Eyes wrote:

She knew/dated him back then, when he had LASIK. That's been 7 or 8 years ago at least.

Oooohhhh, I think I misunderstood.

When bearsfan_54 wrote:
"I'm wondering if he had PRK done and they're just saying LASIK." I thought he was saying that maybe Tiger had PRK done for his enhancement...and then when you said that his x-girlfriend knew that he had LASIK, I thought you were also referring to his enhancement. Which is why I was saying, "Wow, she still talk to him!?!?!?!?"

But I think I get it now. Bearsfan_54 was saying that maybe he had PRK done in the first place, but his girlfriend knew for a fact that he had LASIK originally.

Got it now! Sorry for the confusion!
:oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:32 am 

I just checked the leaderboard online for the Memorial Tournament that Tiger is currently playing... he's tied for 32nd place right now. Looks like he's having problems. Hmmm....

Post subject: Tiger wasn't even a contender in this tournament
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:21 pm 

It was as if Tiger wasn't even present for the PGA Memorial Tournament yesterday. He wasn't a contender at any point - he may as well have stayed home.

What an embarrassment for a former champion!

Has LASIK eye surgery at TLC ruined Tiger Woods career?

Scott cards 10-under 62 at Memorial
Golf roundup
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070602/SPT06/706020360/1073
Excerpts:
DUBLIN, Ohio - Adam Scott flirted with perfection Friday at Muirfield Village Golf Club, missing four putts inside 12 feet and still shooting a 10-under-par 62.

It was another day of good scoring conditions, with stifling heat, mild breezes, fairways with plenty of roll and greens that held approach shots and rolled smoothly.

That wasn't the case for Tiger Woods. The three-time Memorial champ couldn't make anything outside 6 feet until he rolled in a 10-foot birdie on the final hole for a 72, leaving him 10 shots behind.

Quote:
"You look at a lot of guys up there, they're making a bunch of putts, and not just from 6, 7, 8 feet. They're making them from 20 feet," Woods said. "I just haven't done that."

Maybe Tiger Woods can't see well since his LASIK 'enhancement'?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:48 pm 

Just moments ago, I watched Tiger Woods tee off at the US Open on TV... he completely missed the fairway... Has Tiger lost his focus?

Post subject: Fairway? What Fairway....
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:03 pm 

Is there a fairway out there? Tiger still has a good swing... perhaps an aide for the blind could select the right club for Tiger and then position his body properly for his shots?

Hey, what can you expect when you've had two surgeries that are well known to induce corneal distortions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:13 pm 

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/art ... 353008.htm

Quote:
Jim Wachtman, President and Chief Executive Officer of TLCVision, commented, "The opening of our second TLC Laser Eye Center in the Greater Toronto Area allows us to leverage the strength of the Company's optometric co-management relationships along with our targeted direct to consumer advertising featuring former TLC patient Tiger Woods.

Maybe it means nothing, but I found it curious that they used the word "former". We read that Tiger recently had an enhancement.

I wonder if TLC's contract with Tiger Woods in connection with his free LASIK and $2 million endorsement gave TLC the right to use his name in their advertising for all eternity and prohibits Tiger from speaking negatively about his vision, no matter what happens in the future.

Post subject: Perhaps Tiger is a 'former' TLC patient because he learned
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:17 am 

Tiger Woods may have finally learned that his flap is hanging on by a thread, his keratocyte density is likely going down along with his endothelial cell count - and his corneal nerve density may still be decreasing.

He may lose vision from undiagnosed glaucoma because he had LASIK. When he has cataract surgery, god only knows what kind of vision he'll end up with.

And he's certainly lost contrast sensitivity and gained some permanent corneal distortions.

Even with the endorsement money, all of the above would be more than enough to make a 'former' patient out of me.

Wonder what his Schirmer's is?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 7:23 pm 
 WWW  Profile

pop to top

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 3:19 am 

FWIW, I think it's almost certain that he had a LASIK, not PRK, enhancement. The articles had him back out on the course within a few weeks after the procedure, and winning. I don't think this would be possible with PRK, though it was likely not a very big treatment.

He's been featured in advertisements lately...though I don't know how recently these were recorded.

It's quite easy to imagine that he may have a certain amount of ectasia...the article mentioned he had some increased 'astigmatism' which is almost certainly not perfectly regular at this point.

He must have had seriously thick corneas to start.

I have to admit that Tiger was a reason that I went ahead with LASIK in 2001...it seemed that it must have been 'safe' for him to have trusted it. I was obviously very naive.