Exposing the LASIK Scam

One Surgeon at a Time
It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:57 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: DOCTORS WHO DIDN'T HELP
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:29 pm 

Ask any damaged post-refractive about their experiences with corneal refractive surgeons and you'll hear the same story: that doctors were perfectly willing to take their money, but were not straighforward with them about their complications.

Why reward these doctors with more business? Let's stop the white wall of silence by refusing to see doctors who will not fully disclose complications to patients verbally and in writing in patient charts.

Surgeons, we deserve to know what happened to our eyes at the hands of you or your colleagues.

A list of doctors who didn't help us will help other patients! Add your story below!

Post subject: Dr. Sandra Belmont at Cornell didn't help me
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:54 am 

I went to see Dr. Sandra Belmont at Cornell. Actually, the reason I went to Cornell was for an artemis scan - not to see Dr. Belmont. I was told when I called for the appointment that I MUST have an evaluation by a surgeon there because the Ph.D who invented the machine and performed the scans at Cornell was not authorized to give a medical interpretation of an artemis. Well, Dr. Belmont never interpreted my artemis scan, altnough I requested specifically that she do so.

Dr. Dan Reinstein interpreted my artemis scan (which DID help, thank you sir).

Dr. Belmont's technician forced me to look into a bright, lighted eye chart to measure my pupil, which is not a good way to get a realistic measurement of one's scotopic pupil size.

Dr. Belmont never mentioned my striae, although they are pronounced and central. The only thing useful I obtained at Cornell was the artemis scan, and Dr. Belmont was not involved with that procedure. I wish I hadn't seen Dr. Belmont at all.

Cost a bunch of money. Didn't help. I felt that I had been 'had'.