Exposing the LASIK Scam

One Surgeon at a Time
It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:38 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Another damaged Duke LASIK patient of Dr. Terry Kim!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:57 pm 

Quote:
December 18th, 2006 at 1:09 pm
Would the SUV owner contact me please? I am starting my own complaint process with Duke and Dr. Kim, and would like to know about your experiences.

Thanks.

Duke University Laser Vision 'Correction' Center's Dr. Terry Kim is still producing dissatisfied customers. I talked to one this evening who heard about me from the signs on my SUV.

Advertising about your surgeon using wedding paint on your car WORKS, so if you want to prevent casualties and help your neighbors by sharing information, get some wedding paint or poster paint and make your vehicle a ROLLING BILLBOARD!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:47 am 
 E-mail  Profile

It is really shocking to believe that a doctor associated with a major university would do something like that. One would think that both Duke and the doctor would want to own up to the complications that they caused.
I was just reading on Kathy Griffin's web site about her problems with her refractive eye surgery and how the doctor from "Extreme Makeover" was the one who caused all over her problems. It is hard for a decent human being to comprehend why anyone in the media would put any of these lasik surgeons in the spotlight as heroes. It is just unfathomable.

I am really sorry and upset to know that Dr. Kim still operates and is still respected and glorified as a lasik surgeon. Although sometimes I can't help to feel that my lasik problems were self inflicted, I was never a good candidate for lasik and I never completely knew this until after the fact. But I am glad you found someone in your area that you were able to connect with and help and I wish you all the best with your legal issues. Good luck! Keep on spreading the knowledge about lasik and never stop caring about other lasik patients!

Anthony Pizzo
coming soon...my lasik horror story website at myspace.com/anthonydpizzo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm 

APizzo667 wrote:
I was just reading on Kathy Griffin's web site about her problems with her refractive eye surgery and how the doctor from "Extreme Makeover" was the one who caused all over her problems.

http://www.bookofjoe.com/2004/10/behind ... pe_39.html

Quote:
Dr. Maloney, a 46-year-old eye surgeon who practices in the affluent Los Angeles neighborhood of Westwood Village, graduated summa cum laude from Harvard University and attended the University of California at San Francisco's medical school after a Rhodes scholarship.

But then, he says, he came to a disquieting conclusion: " I really didn't like sick people."

A "doctor" who doesn't like sick people. How disgusting.

"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato

Post subject: strategies for litigation
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:30 pm 

http://www.osnsupersite.com/view.asp?rID=20122

"Here at the Hawaiian Eye 2007 meeting, Robert K. Maloney, MD, gave tips for handling lawsuits."

Post subject: Dr. Terry Kim trashed my eyes, kicked me out of his practice
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:36 am 

Quote:
It is really shocking to believe that a doctor associated with a major university would do something like that. One would think that both Duke and the doctor would want to own up to the complications that they caused.

Dr. Terry Kim of DUKE LASIK CENTER... OWN UP to the complications he caused? He KICKED ME OUT OF HIS PRACTICE, refusing to see me any more and banned me from seeing any other doctors at DUKE. Perhaps he was embarrassed by his botched surgery. I made it a point to make sure everyone in the triangle area knows about my DUKE LASIK DEBACLE caused by Dr. Terry Kim...by painting signs about it on my vehicles with wedding paint.

Quote:
I am really sorry and upset to know that Dr. Kim still operates and is still respected and glorified as a lasik surgeon.

I'm not so sure Dr. Terry Kim is 'glorified'. I think most people in the area know about my devastating surgical results and the signs I painted on my vehicles. I was told by another Opthalmologist at an unrelated center that "everyone is talking about it". He told me this with a very big smile.

Quote:
Although sometimes I can't help to feel that my lasik problems were self inflicted, I was never a good candidate for lasik and I never completely knew this until after the fact

Like every other damaged LASIK patient, your LASIK problems were LASIK surgeon and LASIK-industry inflicted. You deserved to be informed that you were not a good candidate, and you deserved to know before surgery what LASIK really does to your eyes. You were deceived. Never blame yourself!

Last edited by Scientist on Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Dr. Robert K. Maloney has his own malpractice problems!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:40 am 

Quote:
http://www.osnsupersite.com/view.asp?rID=20122

"Here at the Hawaiian Eye 2007 meeting, Robert K. Maloney, MD, gave tips for handling lawsuits."

Perhaps LASIK surgeon Dr. Robert K. Maloney put this malpractice talk together while he was in preparation to defend himself in his own most recent messy malpractice lawsuit?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:55 am 

Soon I'm afraid the Duke Laser Vision Correction Center will have enough damaged patients locally to justify its very own post-LASIK support group.

Although LASIK patients damaged by other refractive surgeons would CERTAINLY be welcome!

Post subject: Since this post I was contacted by another Duke LASIK victim
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:18 pm 

Since this post I was contacted by another Duke LASIK victim. When it rains it pours. Perhaps Duke could start busing patients in from remote locations so that they won't have to live and work in the same community as their casualties?

Post subject: Recieved contact - another Duke LASIK complications patient
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:21 pm 

I have decided to put out some ads to find patients who are dissatisfied with their LASIK outcome at Duke University.

A new patient contacted me reporting complications with little or no help or support from the surgeon. She found me through the signs on my SUV.

Patients do contact me from time to time because they see that I have signs on my vehicles. However, an organized attempt to seek out other local LASIK casualties seems in order. I know the ones I'm aware of are just the tip of the iceberg.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:28 pm 

Here's what happens when a patient with a pupil over 8 mm has a maximum 6.5mm ablation with so-called 'blend' on a VISX S4 laser - the Duke University surgeon, Dr. Terry Kim, MD, who destroyed my vision wrote me a letter stating that he was "pleased with my outcome".

He also kicked me out of the practice. Dr. Terry Kim, MD likely didn't want his colleagues to know he would perform a blatant mutilation such as this to a patients only pair of eyes.

My medical records indicate that Dr. Terry Kim, MD actually PLANNED a surgery with a 2mm pupil size/optical zone mismatch.