Exposing the LASIK Scam

One Surgeon at a Time
It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:43 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: LASIK surgeon Dr. Terry Kim of Duke ruined my vision
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:50 pm 

Dr. Terry Kim, MD of Duke University Medical Center/ Duke Eye Center should read The LASIK Report at: http://www.thelasikreport.com , so that Dr. Terry Kim, MD can begin to understand how an undersized optical zone leads to a degraded retinal image. I struggle to understand whether these surgeons simply can't grasp these concepts, or whether they undertstand them completely and damage patients' vision permanently ANYWAY because it is so darned lucrative for them personally. Either scenario is beyond disturbing.

Dr. Terry Kim's LASIK office (head LASIK Surgeon is Dr. Alan Carlson) misread my pupils at 7.5mm (they are over 8mm) yet Dr. Terry Kim PLANNED a LASIK surgery including a 'correction' for astigmatism that left me with a fully corrected zone that is only 5.5mm wide and a very abrupt transition WITHIN my pupil diameter from plano out to over 6 diopters of myopia. Even if Dr. Terry Kim's pupil measurements were correct, a 2mm optical zone/pupil size mismatch is a vision-trashing disaster. And my post-LASIK vision is especially trashed because my pupils are easily 8 mm in dim light.

Since LASIK, I have different vision at different levels of ambient light. People just don't realize how much ambient light conditions change. Walking through a building, going from outside indoors, the picture on a TV or movie screen... all these things change ambient light. The pupil is very dynamic and the surgically induced aberrations caused by Dr. Terry Kim's ill-planned and poorly executed LASIK surgery cause my distortions (starbursts and halos) to shrink and swell dramatically. The vision disturbances created by LASIK-induced corneal distortions are just constantly changing. It is pure hell. No glasses or contacts fix this visual trash.

When I look in closets and drawers I see nothing. Unless I bring a bright light.

I lost my wallet in plain sight. It was a black wallet, sitting on something grey... invisible to me due to loss of contrast senstitivity.

I am visually impaired as a result of my LASIK surgery with Dr. Terry Kim, MD...in many situations.

Can I be fixed? No. LASIK enhancements to correct poor visual outcomes tend to make patients vision even worse. Besides, Dr. Terry Kim used so much tissue in the first surgery he didn't leave me 'room' for an enhancement even if I could have 'benefitted' (I use this term loosly) from one. Dr. Terry Kim of Duke University LASER Vision 'Correction' Center didn't bother to tell me my initial LASIK surgery was a 'one shot deal'. My corneas are too thin for additional LASIK surgery, and my most recent posterior float shows central thinning and forward movement - from red to deep purple since the last scan.

LASIK is not a safe surgery, yet LASIK surgeons like Dr. Terry Kim, MD continue to destroy vision and even lives, often with absolute reckess disregard to patients health, lifestyle requirements and visual quality.

Don't let Duke Eye Center's Dr. Terry Kim, MD or any other LASIK surgeon convince you that the new femptosecond or intralase flaps are better, or that wavefront treatments are superior. These new technologies create their own serious complications.

For more information read the 'New Technologies' section in The LASIK Report at http://www.thelasikreport.com .

Last edited by Scientist on Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Patient complaint about Dr. Alan Carlson of Duke University
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:22 pm 

Today waiting at the automatic teller machine I had a conversation with a woman who informed me that her husband's vision was absolutely ruined by surgeon Dr. Alan Carlson at Duke University. This is Dr. Terry Kim's (my surgeon) senior partner.

Her husband used to enjoy reading... apparently now he listens to books on tape.

When will this end?

Needless to say the patient is seeking help elsewhere.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:53 pm 

After meeting other patients whose vision was ruined by LASIK performed by Dr. Terry Kim, MD and learning about how unhelpful and unsupportive he was after THEIR LASIK disasters, I realize my experience with Dr. Terry Kim, MD of Duke Eye Center was not unique.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:21 pm 

Here's what happens when a patient with a pupil over 8 mm has a maximum 6.5mm ablation with so-called 'blend' on a VISX S4 laser - the Duke University surgeon, Dr. Terry Kim, MD, who destroyed my vision wrote me a letter stating that he was "pleased with my outcome".

He also kicked me out of the practice. Dr. Terry Kim, MD likely didn't want his colleagues to know he would perform a blatant mutilation such as this to a patients only pair of eyes.

My medical records indicate that Dr. Terry Kim, MD actually PLANNED a surgery with a 2mm pupil size/optical zone mismatch.