Exposing the LASIK Scam

One Surgeon at a Time
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:15 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Dominant eye goof
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:22 am 

I am looking for help in learning what studies say about the loss of sight in my dominant eye due to physician error. The doctor who performed my Conductive Keratoplasty (CK) procedure changed the eye he performed the procedure on in the five minutes before the procedure despite my protests that his staff had determined eye dominance the week before. (Not to mention this was AFTER having given me Valium, which altered my ability to make decisions!)

I have found some studies that suggest the dominant eye plays a big role in following complex action (like when one is driving or performing a sport). Any others?

Thank you for this site and any support you might have to offer.

Sandra

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:26 pm 

The incomptent OD who performed my pre-op exam had a 50/50 chance of recording my eye dominance correctly. She recorded it incorrectly. Fortuntely I didn't opt for monovision. They screwed up both eyes. :roll:

CK is another voodoo surgery that belongs in the refractive junk heap. It's effect is temporary and it induces astigmatism. It's unstable.

You didn't give us much information to go on in your case. What was your pre-op refraction in both eyes and your goal in having CK? Were you farsighted? Are you presbyopic? Did they just treat one eye, your dominant eye? What's your refractive error in the treated eye now?

Admin, would you please move this to the appropriate forum?

"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato