Exposing the LASIK Scam

One Surgeon at a Time
It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:25 pm

All times are UTC

Why couldn't Glenn Hagele find an American wife?
American women don't like bald men 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
American women don't like obnoxious men 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
American women aren't dumb enough to fall for his B.S. 100%  100%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 8
 Post subject: Glenn Hagele purchased mail order bride from Russia
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:17 am 

http://home.comcast.net/~anastassiawase ... etters.htm

Quote:
Sunday, March 11, 2001 11:58 AM

This couple has already come through K1 visa process, she is here in
Sacramento, CA, they got married and are very happy together.

To whom it may concern.

By this letter I give my highest recommendation of the translation and interpretation services of Anastassia Wasem. I have used Ms. Wasem's services for over six months and have found her translations to be accurate to the meaning and the intent of every phrase.

Translating words is easy and could even be completed by a computer program, however translating the meaning of the phrase is much more difficult and I have found computer programs seriously lacking in this regard. The structure of the English and Russian languages are often incompatible. Words that have an understood meaning in American English have a different meaning in Russian. I have had translations completed by Ms. Wasem read by people who are fluent in both Russian and English and have always received positive evaluations of the accuracy and fluidity of the translation.

In addition to the translation services Ms. Wasem provides, I have found her to be an invaluable source of advice and information regarding social customs and an understanding of the people of the former Soviet Union. At my request, Ms. Wasem has advised me if the content of my correspondence and telephone conversations are appropriate to the situation. I can honestly say that she has advised me in areas where my intent was good by my execution would easily have been misunderstood. She has gently suggested that I may present the same point, but in a manner acceptable to the sensibilities of my audience. In this manner, Ms. Wasem has assisted me in the development a strong and loving personal relationship with someone from the former Soviet Union without the many social and cultural gaffes to which I have seen others fall victim.

Glenn Hagele
Sacramento CA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:15 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Thornton Wilder ? ?In our town, we like to know the facts about everybody.?

Last edited by lasikinfocenter on Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:29 am 

Mail-order brides gain protection

The mother of a murdered immigrant hopes that pending federal legislation will keep foreign brides from abuse, neglect and slavery.

By Jim Haley
Herald Writer

The mother of a slain Mountlake Terrace woman said new federal legislation means that something worthwhile has finally come of her daughter's strangulation death five years ago.

The U.S. House on Saturday approved a law that would restrict the number of times American men could seek foreign-born brides by applying for visas, and install regulations that will protect mail-order-brides from abuse.

The Senate approved the same version on Friday, and the measure is en route to the president's desk for his signature.

Key elements of the International Marriage Broker Act were contained in a larger bill pertaining to violence against women, which was passed by both houses.

The bills were driven partly by the September 2000 strangulation death of Anastasia King, 20, who was killed by her husband, Indle King Jr., and Dan Larson, a man who rented a room in King's house.

Both were convicted of murder and are serving long prison sentences

Anastasia King was born in the former Soviet Union nation of Kyrgyzstan. She was married to Indle King about two years before her death.

Go here for the full article: http://heraldnet.com/stories/05/12/19/100loc_b1bride001.cfm