Exposing the LASIK Scam

One Surgeon at a Time
It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:30 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Glen Hagele states he has dry eye after RS
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:41 am 

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.lasik-eyes/browse_frm/thread/577acfc8be0fd33e/2a9825c6286ebdc3?q=Doc+for+the+details%2C+but+in+my+defense+&rnum=1#2a9825c6286ebdc3

EXCERPTS:

1. Post-LASIK patient writes:

> ?Ever since I had Lasik I've had an on going problem with my eyes sticking to the back of my eyelids at nighttime.
> If I simply wake up and open my eyelids it can and does tear my cornea a bit. So my brain trained itself to rotate > the eyes around for a few minutes before opening my eyelids. Sunday I ripped my left eye pretty good.
> Excruciating pain as usual.?

2. Optometrist responds that this condition is a recurrent corneal erosion and is most likely unrelated to LASIK.

[WHAT??? As if young males who have never had refractive surgery have eyes so dry that their lids dry stuck to their corneal epithelium!]

3. Glenn , who has had refractive surgery himself?disgrees:
> ?Thanks Doc for the details, but in my defense I personally have this exact same problem on occasion and it has > been diagnosed as dry eye, not a recurrent corneal erosion.?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gee, Glenn. According to YOU this condition should resolve itself within 6 months! What?s it like to have an *elective and medically unnecessary surgery* and find that your corneal epithelium gets painfully ripped off during the night because your nerves are so damaged from the surgery that you can?t make enough tears to keep your eyes at a healthy moisture level?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:06 pm 

Glenn has dry eye following Refractive surgery??????? he should have followed his 50 tough questions for your doctor. that would have saved his ass, right?

now glenn can get used to being told that nothing is wrong with his eyes

1. "dry eye, but nothing happened but a little lasik, glenn."
2. "just use drops in the morning glenn and you'll be fine"
3. "your tear function is normal, glenn."
4. "hot compress and everything will be okay."
5. "use this steroid drop and you'll be fine. if necessary we remove the cataracts too. don't worry about those iol calculations on the post lasik cornea, we've just about got it right"
6. "your flaps look fine, glenn." LOLOLOL
7. "it will go away by one year. oh your already passed a year. it will go away by two years."

LOLOLOLOLOL

Post subject: Actually Glenn had a surface treatment
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:29 pm 

Glenn Hagele not so completely stupid that he'd let someone cut a LASIK flap in his eye.

He knows LASIK is a flawed, doomed procedure.

But I enjoyed your post very much, Thereis. Glenn gets to experience chronic eye pain from an elective surgery. I think that he didn't get the proper correction in addition, because he said his treatment is ongoing and he'd announce when it was finished.

He'll never be finished, he's in that endless loop of doctor visits and worthless treatments for what is essentially permanent damage. Welcome to the world of the post-refractive surgery patient, Glenn!

Learn to love the pain, the expense, the bad vision, the BS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:19 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Perhaps he is suffering from cognitive dissonance?

http://www.clspectrum.com/article.aspx?article=11929

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:54 pm 

Thanks lasikinfocenter, that's a great link. It reminds me of all these studies that show a high satisfaction rate, even though a large percentage of patients have a loss of night vision and dry eyes.