Exposing the LASIK Scam

One Surgeon at a Time
It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:28 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: blurry cloudy vision
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:56 pm 

This has been a long downward spiral and I'm in disbelief myself but I have another problem manifesting itself.
I had monovision originally then had it reversed,having had 2 surgerys on the left eye.I was having some luck with contacts but the dry eyes became hard to tolerate and I finally opted for some glasses.My left contact worked very well for some time,then started becoming more and more blurry.Well,it wasn't the contacts.When I got glasses,I noticed the left eye becoming cloudier and cloudier.At first I thought maybe the lens was bad,I tried my readers and my contacts.Well,apparently it is the eye.Could this be striae?
I have appts coming soon with optometrists and an(yet another) opthomologist.
My headaches are worse than ever and increase during the day.It is causing extreme visual strain.
I find myself researching yet another complication.I seem to have gotten most of the worst ones.
If not striae,is anyone aware of other possibilities?
I'm more than a little worried.Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:39 am 

How long has this cloudiness been going on? I am not a doctor but I think striae are very unlikely beyond the first few months after surgery unless you sustained some kind of injury. I do not mean to frighten you but personally, if I noticed any sudden change in my vision at this point I would see a doctor immediately. I would consider it an emergency and I would not let it go more than a day or two. It can be very difficult to get an appointment with an opthamologist on short notice, however, I would make every effort to get myself to the doctor asap. I have several nurses in my family and I would not hesitate before making the trip down to the ER just to rule out an infection, foreign object, abrasion, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:01 am 

About a week as far as I know.That is,if the contacts weren't masking something.That's when I switched to glasses because the contacts were bothering me so much.I see an eye doctor in the morning.
I think you are right,it could be an infection possibly although I've never had an eye infection.
Thanks for the advice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:17 am 

Whew...your previous post had me thinking this could have been going on for weeks. I am glad you have an appointment tomorrow. Please let us know how it goes.

Post subject: what else can go wrong?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:35 am 

It's exactly like looking through white tissue paper.
The description of a cataract perfectly describes it.I just read that on another site.Now that's scary.
I'll post when I find out something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:44 am 

I hope it is not a cataract. You have been through enough. It could be anything. Spending the rest of the night researching your cloudy vision on the internet is just going to freak you out even more. Please let us know how your appointment goes.

Post subject: so far looks like software,not the hardware
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:43 am 

Ok,it's not an infection,not a cataract.My OD says my eyes are both clear and that it is more likely functional,maybe related to the vision therapy I'm doing for my convergence insufficiency.Sort of like lazy eye when your brain suppresses the input from one eye.That's one opinion.
I'm continueing my therapy and I'll post when I get more info.
Next appt is thursday.
OMG,people don't have lasik!

Post subject: update
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:37 am 

I am now wearing one contact in the left eye which had 2 surgerys and none in the other.I am also wearing glasses.It is actually the most comfortable my vision has been since lasik.The left eye has cleared up.
I tried another OD and this was his suggestion.He thinks the left eye is more of a problem and that additional surgerys cause additional problems.I think we all agree there.
He said it was best to even out the eyes with the one contact and also use glasses.He called glasses a more "artificial way of correction and I need correction at the eye.So far it helps quite a bit,not that I'm not still disoriented.My raw eyes cause complete agony with my vision and terrible headaches.I actually close the overcorrected left eye upon waking until I can get to my contact.
He gave me acuvue oasys and it is quite comfortable so far.Hopefully it will stay that way.
Of course that kind of defeats the reason I had lasik which was not being able to wear contacts and disliking glasses.
I am continuing vision therapy also.
Best of luck to other lasiked people,you will need it.

Post subject: Re: update
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:07 am 

lasick wrote:
Of course that kind of defeats the reason I had lasik which was not being able to wear contacts and disliking glasses.

Yeah, that's a joke! I only spent $1K for LASIK to be "free" of glasses and contacts. :roll: Since LASIK I've spent thousands and thousands of dollars trying to find some glasses or contacts that work!

Just a few days ago I was at LensCrafters picking up some new glasses and of course took the opportunity to bash LASIK as I was talking to the optician, and he said that he sees a lot of LASIK patients coming in for glasses. :roll:

"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato

Post subject: a little relief beats none
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:50 pm 

This new contact-glasses setup helps slightly but I'm still having really bad headaches and dizziness.I'm waiting to get back with this new doctor but he is off on a vacation until July 3rd.
I think more than 5000 dollars has been spent so far trying to find an answer for this lasik induced problem at this point and that's not counting what my insurance has picked up. :roll:

Post subject: Save all your medical receipts
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:05 pm 

Save all your receipts from your doctor visits from your LASIK disaster. Also keep track of the miles traveled to doctors, and any plane, bus or taxi fares. Medical travel is tax deductible as a medical expense.

Don't miss the opportunity to tell your accountant your LASIK horror story. Accountants see lots of clients and will pass this information along. Also tell your dentist, hair stylist - everyone you meet so that more can be forwarned of the dangers of LASIK.