Exposing the LASIK Scam

One Surgeon at a Time
It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:22 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Question about my pupil size
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:56 pm 

I just got my medical records, and I'm wondering about the size of my pupils. According to the chart I was at 3 in bright light and 6 in dim light and the zone was 7.

Post subject: Re: Question about my pupil size
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:45 pm 

dianekimby wrote:
I just got my medical records, and I'm wondering about the size of my pupils. According to the chart I was at 3 in bright light and 6 in dim light and the zone was 7.

Forget about the bright measurement. What you should be concerned with is the dim/dark measurement.

Tell me exactly what kind of report you are looking at that says "the zone was 7".

Were your pupils measured in a dark (not dim) room? What device was used to measure them (this is very important)? How long did they allow you to dark adapt before taking the measurement? Were both eyes opened as each pupil was measured? Were you asked to look at an object at the far side of the room as the measurement was taken, or were you looking at the person doing the test and/or the object he/she was using? I need details.

There is a right way and wrong way to measure pupils. Mine were measured THE WRONG WAY! :roll:

"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato

Post subject: My pupils were mismeasured at 7.5
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:45 pm 

My pupils were measured at 7.5mm and it is easy to take a picture with a digital camera of my pupils over 8mm. Just sitting in dim light holding a ruler under my eye.... a friend with a tripod and a camera.

I would encourage more patients to do this. Once doctors know we can they will be more motivated to take more accurate dim light pupil measurements.