Exposing the LASIK Scam

One Surgeon at a Time
It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: And my doctor's response...
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:21 am 
 WWW  Profile

Deal with it! People lose their sight every day. I'll see you in 8 months.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:26 pm 

Mine said the dry eyes, starbursts and halos would resolve by 12 weeks. Well, it's 5 1/2 years later and I'm still waiting for them to resolve.

"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato

Post subject: My doctor is pleased with my chronic dry eye pain and GASH
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:53 pm 

I have chronic dry eye pain, blurry, distorted day vision and GASH. And a letter from my doctor stating that he's pleased with my outcome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:57 am 
 WWW  Profile

And my doctor says that he sees nothing in my eyes that explains the symptoms that I am having. Though I took my digital camera with my swollen eyelids, he refused to look at the pictures. Though I complain of losing my eyelashes, the burning, the pain, the double vision and fuzziness in my left eye, he says he sees nothing, except striae and the cataracts and everything is all mental. After months of complaining of dry eyes, it took another doctor (his buddy) to immediately diagnose my dry eyes. My doctor is also angry because I have refused to have my left eye "enhanced".

Post subject: "I would like you to know that you [were] a +6!"
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:42 pm 

Now he can only see about one day a month. Thanks to this doctor, and his helpful, supportive and informative reply to his patient:

"Dr Trattler why am i being over looked ?"
Posted by william on 12:36:53 12/14/2005
http://www.asklasikdocs.com/forum/main/3825.html

Excerpt:
Quote:
He said and i quote { i would like for you to know that you [were] a + 6 } This sounds like he blaming me. He has never even one time showed any sympathy , Why is he so cold ?

Post subject: it could be worse
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:58 am 

I was told by the head ophthomologist at a major university "at least you don't have cancer"and told stories that insinuated it was all just a put on.I was hospitalized with vertigo after refractive surgery with an ENG clearly showing my head to be spinning.At the lasik store they said"well you act like we blinded you or something".This can't be related to the lasik. It was an aneisokonic binocularity problem induced by the lasik.

Post subject: LASICK (good name), how are you doing now?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:38 pm 

And what treatments were offered to help you? Did you know you can file a state medical board complaint against that rude head doctor for unprofessional behavior? Include the documentation of your problem and a quote of what he said. Your complaint will stay on his record and if he continues to be rude, unprofessional and abusive to patients it will catch up with him!

We have a information in a section on this site on how to file a state medical board complaint.

Please share an update on your condition!

Post subject: update
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:23 pm 

I've been meaning to post my whole story but haven't got around to it. It took me months going through the doctor circus to find anyone who would admit that lasik induced my dizziness headaches and nausea. My corneas are very distorted and causing a lot of confusion with my eyes. It seems to be a binocularity problem. The raw eyes don't want to work together. I've got those funhouse mirror corneas you may have heard about. After many fittings for RGP's,they could not be fitted to my distorted corneas. I am now trying reverse geometry soft lenses but they collapse on the flattened corneas and become blurry although they are tolerable to wear. This could be my only hope because glasses don't help. Post lasik,I am nearsighted in one eye,farsighted in the other and astigmatisms were created in both eyes. It's been a total nightmare that continues today,10 months later. I see the optometrist again this week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 3:59 pm 

my doctor said mabe I'm just the type of person who needs to wear glasses all the time.

Post subject: Perhaps your doctor is a surgeon who can't get it right?
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 1:13 am 

Diane,

If your doctor had managed to hit somewhere near plano for you, without overcorrecting you perhaps you wouldn't BE a person who needs to wear glasses all of the time....

Where does the burden of responsibility lie here, honestly???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 1:21 am 

Lasick said:
Quote:
I've got those funhouse mirror corneas you may have heard about.

Hi Lasick... I have funhouse mirror corneas, too. Very wavy. I also went through a period of nausea early on when I was dealing with both disorted vision and some overcorrection in one eye. Now I have regressed in both eyes and need glasses. I too have surgically-induced astigmatism in both eyes.

I would be willing to bet that most LASIK patients have 'multifocal' corneas. Lasering of the eye isn't the even, cool, smooth process it is marketed to be. It distorts the cornea and reduces the quality of the optics of the cornea. You may have needed some correction for sphere and astigmatism, but introducing higher order aberrations that can't be corrected with glasses and not telling patients of the near inevitability of this outcome is flat wrong.

Imagine, refractive surgeons selling patients a procedure that they KNOW will damage corneal nerves and decrease the optical quality of the eye. One corneal refractive surgeon told me my eyes were like a Nikon camera before surgery in terms of optics, and after they were more like a cheap dimestore box camera.

What kind of profession is corneal refractive surgery? What kind of people continue to perform these surgeries on healthy virgin eyes?

Post subject: The playing dumb, and the going mute tactics
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 12:23 am 

Don't let your surgeon get away with playing mute or playing dumb. If you ask a specific question and your surgeon clams up, tell him you expect an answer.

If your surgeon begins playing dumb about what happened to your vision, make sure you remind him that you understand about striae, induced higher order aberrations, loss of contrast sensitivity, decentration, surgically induced dry eye and undersized optical zones, and that you plan to have these possibilities each investigated by other doctors.

Ask him for your complete chart including COLOR scans. He knows that the information is contained in the color. Black and white scan copies are nearly useless.