Exposing the LASIK Scam

One Surgeon at a Time
It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:20 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Update..... About 4 and 5 months post-op now
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:22 am 

I am now about 5 months post-op on my R eye and about 4 months on the L eye. My R eye has stayed somewhat stable although, I have noticed that I don't see as well at night, but still clear. I would say that it has regressed slightly as well. My R eye still my best eye by far. My L eye is still just as disappointing as right after the surgery. The overcorrection is still there but regressed slightly +0.25. I have noticed some clearing up of the ghosting, but not enough to get excited about. My question now to some of you that have gone through this is "When you put re-wetting drops, steroid drops, etc. in an eye that has ghosting, astigmatism, etc. and you notice that it clears up, does this mean that you are still healing or is this just the effects of the liquid in your eye making you see clearly? It only lasts for seconds at most and when the moisture is gone, you are back to where you started. What is effecting me most now is by bad night vision that I have noticed has declined since the surgery. Also the dry eye. My L eye sometimes feels like someone is standing in front of me with an air gun blowing it directly into my eye. I am trying to make the adjustment to my new vision, but damn its tough. My doctor is an ass by the way. Now they schedule me in the afternoon, where I talked to some other patients there who are also having complications. Damn, what they will do for money is just mind blowing. I see that telling people these key slogans can prolong a possible lawsuit.

1. "You're probably just still healing."
2. "Your eyes are just dry."
3. "Try using these steroid drops for 6 more weeks."
4. " Yeah, you had a pretty strong prescription before so some of that is to be expected."
5. "It'll even out." [My favorite]

I like to use SYSTANE eye drops for my eyes. They really feel good when cold. As for now, still very, very disappointed with the whole process.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:06 pm 

The same thing happened to me. My R eye was blurry (day and night) after LASIK but instead being truthful and telling me that I had a diopter of induced astigmatism, they told me that it was because my eyes were dry. When I put eye drops in my eyes, my vision was clear for a minute or so. Then it was blurry again. So I believed them. I spent a fortune on eye drops (and still do - seven years later).

Now I understand what was happening. The liquid was filling in the irregular surface (astigmatism).

It never got better for me. It went straight downhill. Both eyes regressed with astigmatism.

I also have a ton of induced irregular astigmatism from decentered ablations and enormous pupils with a ridiculously small optical zone.

I must wear hard lenses now or my vision is total trash. And my eyes are still so dry that I have corneal erosions every time I go to the optometrist. (I try to avoid ophthalmologists.)

"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato

Post subject: My doctor is an ass by the way
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:27 am 

junekat said:

Quote:
My doctor is an ass by the way.

junekat, do consider naming your doctor on this forum to warn other patients. As long as you tell the truth no harm can come to you. You are indeed entitled to your opinion.

Share your dissatisfaction with your outcome and the details of your experience... including bad behavior by your doctor - and you may spare someone else what you are going through.

It's the good little victims that pave the way for others to be damaged!

Post subject: great idea!!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:34 am 

Hey Great Idea.... Let me give you a little courage.... I am a medical professional and I was lied to, and operated on, by JOSEPH KIERNAN of PREMIER EYE CARE AND SURGERY! I am left with irregular astigmatism, regular astigmatism, blurry vision, dry eyes, constant headaches, myopia, hyperopia, vitreous floaters, corneal erosions, and a life of misery. IT IS MY OPINION that "Dr" JOSEPH P. KIERNAN of PREMIER EYE CARE AND SURGERY should be committed to a psychiatric facility, as well as, have his medical license revoked.

See... the truth feels good. :D