Exposing the LASIK Scam

One Surgeon at a Time
It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:26 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Can I protest outside my surgeon's office?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:50 am 
 E-mail  Profile

My surgeon is co-owner of KREMER LASER EYE CENTERS. They have a center city Philadelphia office, which is accessable from my house via public transportation.

At this office, they screen patients for surgery. Surgery is not performed here at this location, it is just an office for marketing the surgery to patients.

Is it legal for me to stand outside this office with signs telling the complete truth and handing out literature about my lasik surgery?

Or does anyone know if I need permit to do so? I feel I need pure justice (not revenge)for my laser eye center. Any advice would be appreciated.

Anthony

Post subject: Re: Can I protest outside my surgeon's office?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:34 pm 

APizzo667 wrote:
Is it legal for me to stand outside this office with signs telling the complete truth and handing out literature about my lasik surgery?

Anthony, I remember meeting a man protesting outside a LASIK clinic in my town. Very nice guy. Ended up having a corneal transplant.

Yes, it's legal -- just don't stand on their property. If you stand on the side of the road (be careful!) or sidewalk it's legal. Just be sure any info you pass out regarding your situation is truthful or clearly your opinion. I would suggest you also pass out copies of THE LASIK REPORT and/or The Top Ten Reasons Not To Have Lasik Eye Surgery.

"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato

Post subject: I'm looking forward to doing some picketing
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:11 am 

I'm finding other people in my community who are damaged by LASIK eye surgery and look forward to doing some picketing. :wink:

I wish every patient would picket!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:25 am 

Heck yeah. You guys are doin' a great service. Ya savin' lives.

Myself, picket's a no-go. LASIK guy that butchered me is hidden deep inside a block. Ain't even visibile from the street, so anywhere reasonably close to it would be private property.

I have gone in and handed out my card to peeps who are considering LASIK there, and given 'em the spiel when they call me. I'm pretty sure they think I'm crazy, but hey, if "this LASIK place has crazy people for patients" is enough to get 'em to choose another, it's still a victory.

Anyway, y'all picketers deserve mad props. Just wanted to say that.