Exposing the LASIK Scam

One Surgeon at a Time
It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:20 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:06 am 

Regrets said:
Quote:
However, it's the close up stuff that looks off...like everything 20 feet away and closer. It's odd, kind of trippy looking. Kinda distorted maybe, but not majorly. Like rectangles kind of look like rhombuses. I don't know. I wish I could explain this better or have someone be able to see through my eyes. It's frustrating.

Dang, this sounds like MY vision after LASIK at Duke University. Everything is distorted. Sometimes I take my glasses off so that I don't have to see the distortions so clearly. At first I didn't know if I was better off with or without them. Both were bad. I am more nearsighted now than I was initially, so I wear glasses full time.

I definitely need glasses now to drive, but even in the day, the landscape I see is distorted. Especially in the morning. No pair of glasses ever seems right because of the weird distortion, and I would require a different correction at every level of ambient lighting thanks to Dr. Terry Kim, MD of Duke University Eye Center who planned on my operative report to create a 2mm pupil size/optical zone mismatch and permanently ruined vision. Yes - it's right there spelled out on my operative report. I remember the moment that I realized that he planned this vision-ruining surgery ahead. He measured my pupils at 7.5mm (they are actually over 8mm) and then, yes - planned an oval ablation ONLY 5mm wide. Is Dr. Terry Kim, MD insane, you ask? Is Dr. Terry Kim, MD willfully destructive to vision? Is Dr. Terry Kim, MD simply not smart enough to understand basic principles of optics? Is Dr. Terry Kim, MD too greedy to care about patients?

I think it's a combination of the factors listed above. I wouldn't trust Dr. Terry Kim, MD to perform adequate veterinary Ophthalmology.