Exposing the LASIK Scam

One Surgeon at a Time
It is currently Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:03 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Pharmacist's husband's complications minimized
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:42 am 

I was in my local pharmacy refilling the antianxiety medication I use before I drive home after dark, and I took the opportunity to explain the severity and life-altering nature of my LASIK complications to the pharmacist.

To my shock and dismay she responded "LASIK? Oh my huband had that and he just has some halos and problems with depth perception.".

Since when are halos and problems with depth perception not serious problems? Who wants to see halo's? And isn't depth perception pretty darned important?

Just another example of cognitive dissonance. If he had bought a pair of glasses that did this to him and paid a tenth of the price they would both be screaming bloody murder about it.

There is actually literature supporting creation of binocular vision disturbances with corneal refractive surgery and the unmasking of convergence problems in former high myopes after corneal refractive surgery. It is disgusting that doctors would consider performing corneal refractive surgery in light of this and other far more serious complications that are common or universal with LASIK.

Post subject: Re: Pharmacist's husband's complications minimized
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:11 am 

Scientist wrote:
Since when are halos and problems with depth perception not serious problems? Who wants to see halo's? And isn't depth perception pretty darned important?

Just another example of cognitive dissonance. If he had bought a pair of glasses that did this to him and paid a tenth of the price they would both be screaming bloody murder about it.

That is such an AMAZING point!

Post subject: It's all about the cognitive dissonance
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:07 pm 

The AMAZING thing is that this bizarre reaction to permanent eye damage from LASIK is so COMMON. Since the couple paid a bundle for the LASIK surgery and it's permanent, they minimize the downside. This paves the way for others to be damaged. Sure, my husband's LASIK surgery was just FINE, he just ended up HALOs and problems with his DEPTH PERCEPTION.

That's ALL, really, [for now] and who needs to see normally at night and have good depth perception anyway? :roll: