Exposing the LASIK Scam

One Surgeon at a Time
It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:03 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Things that have helped me post lasik
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:14 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

Here are a list of somethings that have helped to to directly improve my eyesight post lasik - hope this list is of some help to troubled patients.
The following list is not a list of things that helped emotionally, but which had some positive effect on my eyesight -

1. Glasses - Surprize! After trying to get rid of my glasses through a failed surgery, the best thing by far to help improve my vision is a pair of glasses. Although every doctor I have been to told me that glasses would not help, the glasses I have to help reduce some of my astigmatism help alot.

2. Blu Blockers Polarized Lenses - These sunglasses work wonders for me during the day indoors and out. I am terribly light sensitive, and these sunglasses really, really make things clearer during the day and help to "hide" my severe floaters.

3. Clonazepam - I think this is just a generic valium, but it does not cause mydrasis, and helps to calm anxiety. Since anxiety causes mydrasis for me, the valium helps to control making my pupils any larger than they need to be.

4. Rewetting drops - anything to make my eyes moister, especially in the morning, helps to clear things up for me. I really prefer gel drops, but they are so expensive, so I just plain and cheap rewetting drops and I found that they help.

Although all this list is short, and the items list only helps a very little bit, its a start to help control terrible vision ruined by brutal surgery that rips your cornea to shreads.

I would like to list some things and doctors that did not help, but well, there is not a forum big enough in the world for that. Just kidding, but I hope this helps some people with their sight!

I would like to write that some of the supplements I have been taking help, but I don't have any noticable success with omega 3, vitamin E, multi-vitamins, but if anyone else wants to add to this list, feel free, especially since I have not tried any hard contacts yet.

Anthony

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:23 pm 

Hi Anthony,

The first thing I always look for in a post-LASIK patient who is having visual difficulties is refractive error. Even if the refractive error is low, I always advise the patient to get glasses.

Patients with induced higher order aberrations (irregular astigmatism) really need to correct all of the lower order defocus.

A long time ago an OD on the old Surgical Eyes bulletin board made a comment that rubbed me the wrong way. He said that many of his patients don't wear correction for small refractive errors. But he apparently did not understand what a patient with induced HOA is dealing with visually -- it makes a big difference to us. A patient with normal corneas can get by with a little defocus, but when you put irregular astigmatism on top of lower order defocus, it's nearly impossible to function.

"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato

Post subject: What helps under eye bags and over eye swelling?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:27 pm 

It's only 2 months and I am alreads observing damage to the skin under the eyes. What is also causing this I'm sure is pulling the skin down to put eyedrops in.

I'm trying and using all kinds of creams to keep the skin moist and supple. I did not sign up for having my qppearance permanently changed. I'v always been told that I look 10 to 15 years younger than my true age. Now I am starting to look OLDER than my age. This is not what I signed up for!

Post subject: skin around eye
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:25 pm 

Sylvysue:
Just trying to be helpful.. maybe if you barely move bottom skin area, it would help (don't really pull it at all) .. I don't know how much you pull down, but if pulled a lot, I would think that would stretch the skin and make it possibly look worse... I actually even just hold my eye wide open sometimes without using my hands , look to side and align the drops just so and do it that way,,takes a bit of practice, but hey as much as I use these drops on a daily basis,,, it's come pretty easy, now. But using "no hands" method may aleviate stretching the skin at all vs. pulling on the skin.. I use a real good under eye cream , it's pretty thick, yet absorbs, cuz some others were too soft and was afraid would ooze or get into the eye.. I use "HOPE IN A TUBE" by philosophy and it seems to be helping.. I went without for so long after surgery, I could see the wrinkles getting worse, but this seems to be helping.. Just ideas.. Good luck, Guess I'm one of the lucky ones who do not have droopy eye, I look the same, which is why it's hard for people to understand what I go thru. I look the same to them, they just don't look the same to me! ugh...... Honestly, they are bigger, heavier, older looking (skin tone wrong looking) and freaky cuz they have this ghosted line around their entire body, day and night! ick,,,,,ick,,,,ick,,,, (me, too, by the way)
Hope this helps!
Sadeyes

Post subject: Vaseline
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:30 pm 

Vaseline is great for remoisturizing... I rub vaseline around my eye area before bed. It really helps moisturize.

I also stopped wearing eye makeup totally, which helps a lot.

If you tilt your head back and look up you can usually get a drop in without holding your eyelid.

Have you ever read this? The topic of damage to the skin around your eyes is covered in this bit of black humor:

http://lasikflap.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=196&highlight=imagine+truthful+seminar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:39 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

If I may add two things to this list:

1. MSM Drops (as re-wetting drops) - These drops don't burn like some saline drops do and they tend to "clean off" my eye, last longer, and are much more affordable than saline drops. I keep a bottle in my 'fridge and when I put them in its like heaven for a brief second. The coolness of the drops briefly takes away the constant burn of dry eye.

2. FOR DAYBURSTING!!!! A HUGE HELP FOR THOSE WHO DRIVE -
I know this maybe seem a little crazy but I was in my brother's car today who has a light tint on his windows all the way around his car. I was opening and closing my window looking at all the daybursts drastically reduced by the window tinting. This is something that sunglasses have not been able to do for me. So for those of you who are still driving during the day and have problems with floaters / daybursting, window tinting could be a HUGE help during the day. Window tinting also takes away from alot of the natural glare as well.
HOWEVER!!!! If you still drive at night and have problems, window tinting does cut the amount of light coming into your car, so take this post with a grain of salt and weigh your options. But I think if you get a light tint on your car windows, not too dark, it cuts natural glare at night and during the day, and really helps out during the day with daybursting.
If I drove, I would definatly do this.
But definatly try to "try before you buy" with this.

Hope this helps!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:46 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

Also, MSM drops flush out alphagan and pilocarpine from my eyes.
Whenever I use alphagan (Alphagan P), I have a real severe "rebound effect" in the right eye for about two weeks. MSM drops help to reduce some of the rebounding from alphagan and stabilize my eyes a little bit.

Please note that anyone looking to try alphagan p or pilocarpine call me immediatly.
My biggest regret in life was getting lasik, my second biggest regret was trying alphagan p and pilocarpine!! If you are considering any of those two medicines, please call me immiediatly, day or night, they are poison.