Exposing the LASIK Scam

One Surgeon at a Time
It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:10 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: A patient describes living with night vision disturbances
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:34 pm 

This was posted by a patient suffering from night vision disturbances several years ago.

Earth wrote:
I can tell you, that glare, starburst, haloes and loss of night vision are not minor complications. They are life altering! After you have suffered with them long enough, you may not recognize yourself. The panic, fear and depression i get from this is staggering. I am truly amazed that i have been able to continue with my "so-called" life. The human spirit is amazing at what it can endure....but I will tell you this...if they say that adversity will make you stronger.. there is some truth to that... but it is only a half-truth in something like this..... because... although i do not show it outwardly... I am a broken person in my heart and soul... i don't enjoy life.. I endure it...Everything i do is made difficult by having damaged vision....no amount of positive thinking can change that.

"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:34 pm 

Curr Opin Ophthalmol. 2006 Aug;17(4):373-9.
Pupil size and corneal laser surgery.
Salz JJ, Trattler W.
University of Southern California and Los Angeles County Medical Center, Los Angeles, California 90048, USA. jjsalzeye@aol.com

Quote:
A dramatic example of a patient who was not informed about these risks was detailed in a letter to the editor of the Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery in 1998 [6], from a patient with 9.0-mm scotopic pupils. He stated, ?I have grown fearful of the night and feel that I am its hostage. Psychologically, LASIK has proven to be a devastating choice for me?.

"What concerns me is that if the person informing the patient is themselves poorly or inaccurately informed then how on earth can consent ever be truly informed?" Dr. Sarah Smith