Exposing the LASIK Scam

One Surgeon at a Time
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:04 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Feeling off balance
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:19 pm 

Junekat:
I would like to respond to an earlier post you made.

When I wake up in the morning, my brain instantly notices the imbalance and makes my heart beat as if I were going to have a heart attack. This usually will become somewhat tolerable after an hour.

I personally can relate and I do not think for me it was stress or anxiety oriented... If someone has one eye overcorrected and other is not,, I would expect them to feel their balance to be off. I have two eyes that are both decentered,, do not work together, not aligned together and the pic out of each eye is different (similar, not same as you described that one eye gives bigger pic than other).
I would like to acknowledge for you, that I too would wake up and actually feel like the left side of my body was heavier and my balance and equilibrium off.. I DO NOT feel it was just anxiety attack or anything like that , that others have suggested that responded to you.. I know that my eyes being off made my whole equilibrium feel off.. I still have some issues with that now, not as bad, I think my body has gotten used to the offness,,, but even the spherical abberations seeing the room crooked and such can make me feel off.. Again, I dont' think that is just anxiety,, I think when your eyes aren't right, your body feels it , too....
Just wanted to acknowledge your feelings of what you described. I understand.
Sadeyes

Post subject: LASIK surgeons the leading cause of vision loss in America?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:39 pm 

junekat said:
Quote:
I can definitely tell that after the surgery, you lose a little contrast in your vision.

I firmly believe that if proper testing were done it could be demonstrated that nearly every corneal refractive surgery patient has a demonstrable loss of contrast sensitivity... and with 8 million surgeries performed and more patients sliced and burned each year... LASIK surgeons are becoming - or already have become the leading cause of preventable vision loss in America.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:42 pm 

Back in the late 1980's and the 1990's, I'd see news reports on television such as "Plastic surgery disasters" or "Liposuction nightmares" or "Breast implantation gone horribly wrong." And during the news segment, doctors would speak to reporters reminding the public that surgery is risky. I've never felt the need for cosmetic surgery or liposuction, but if I did, I wouldn't do it? Why? Because, psychologically, that's not for me. I can't see taking a risk because I want to look better. Let someone else take that chance, but that's not for me, I thought. In 2006 I thought, "We'll if there were problems with Lasik, I'd have heard about it on CNN by now." ::Sigh::
Patients should be informed of the possibility of developing chronic dry eye
Patients should be informed? Well, yeah, but sometimes they're not informed.
Bottom line, if there are any opthamologists or optometrists who feel that the public needs to be "informed" well... Speak up!
Get Dr. Sanja Gupta on the phone. Tell him that you have something to say. 8)