Exposing the LASIK Scam

One Surgeon at a Time
It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 5:16 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:04 am 

http://www.lasikflap.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=322

Quote:
Someday with God's grace I'll forgive the surgeon that did this to me. He does not deserve forgiveness, but I guess none of us do!

Not so long ago I remember thinking to myself, "how in the world will I ever forgive that surgeon?" and God gave me a vision of me standing at the foot of the cross. There were other people standing there, too, and one of them was none other than my surgeon. It was God's way of asking me -- could I really hold a grudge against that surgeon while watching Jesus die on the cross for MY sins? It kind of put things into perspective for me.

That was not the first vision that God gave me regarding forgiving my surgeon. About a year ago I was in Bible study class. The teacher had gone to the Christian bookstore and bought these small rocks that had words engraved on them, words like "Love", "Faith", "Hope", etc. The teacher spread the rocks out on the table in front of us and asked us all to choose a rock. Well, there was a rock that said "Forgive" and everyone thought that should be my rock (all of my classmates knew about my bad LASIK and my struggles to forgive my surgeon). But there was another rock there on the table that said "Trust" and somehow I just knew that was my rock. So I took the Trust rock. After everyone else had selected their rocks, the Forgive rock was still there, no one had taken it, so the teacher pushed the rock over to me and said "Here, take this one, too". A few minutes later the teacher said "Instead of the usual prayer, we are going to do something different today. I want you to close your eyes and bow your heads, but do not say a prayer, just clear your mind of all thoughts, empty your mind so you will be open to whatever message God has for you today". So I did. I closed my eyes, bowed my head, and tried to clear all thoughts from my mind. The two rocks were sitting there on the table in front of me. The Trust rock was in front, closest to me and the Forgive rock was behind it. Suddenly I began to have a vision of a clear stream of rushing water. There were many rocks in the stream, just plain ugly brown rocks. Then I saw that the rushing water was washing one of the rocks clean, and the force of the water was smoothing away the rough edges of the rock, and polishing the rock, making it beautiful. Suddenly a word began to appear on top of the rock, and the word was TRUST. God revealed to me that I was like the rock in the stream, and He was the rushing water, washing me clean and making me into something beautiful. And He showed me that I have to learn to TRUST Him before I can learn to FORGIVE my surgeon.

I really believe that's the key for me. I have to trust God to hold my surgeon accountable or whatever fate God has for him. If I can just hand it over to God, completely, once and for all, then I'll be able to forgive.

"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato

Post subject: Broken Eyes 7 year Anniversary
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:50 pm 

Broken Eyes: You wrote:
Sadeyes, I also had tears in my eyes when I read *your* post. Someday you'll see how God has turned this bad LASIK experience into a blessing. I hope you read my post about the "Trust" rock.

I hold onto that, it's one of the only things that gives me hope. Thanks so much for your words... and thanks for sending the Trust Rock piece.. I do remember reading that before and I appreciate reading it again.. Iguess there almost needs to be a daily book for those of us going through this with phrases and stories to help us get through the days.. woudn't that be cool..

Thanks again so much for your inspiration,, I hold on tight to those things you say as it really helps me to hear it.

With warmest sincerity,, Sadeyes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:10 pm 

Well, I'm about 7 1/2 years post-LASIK now. Today I had my annual exam with my OD. I had a list, as usual.

For 20+ years before LASIK my script was stable. It has been a moving target for the past 7 1/2 years.

Now remember, I was a -4.25 with no astigmatism before LASIK, and I've only had one surgery. No "touch-ups".

Just for fun I had my OD check my uncorrected visual acuity. Ha! All I could see with the R eye was a horribly distorted "big E". I saw about 10 of them, all twisted and overlapping and smeared -- what a joke!!! The "big E" is the 20/200 line. If I hadn't already known it was an "E" I might not have even been able to read it. My LASIK surgeon really did a number on my R eye. And of course the eye chart itself was a distorted haloed mess. Pure visual garbage.

The left eye was a little better -- it's my "good eye". I could barely make out one or two letters on the 20/50 line with ghosted images smeared all over the place -- like somebody wrote the letters in a pile of mashed potatoes, then dropped the plate and stepped on it. And the whole thing had a huge ugly halo all around it. Thank God for my good eye. :roll:

My glasses refraction was -1.00 -1.25 x 180, -1.25 -.50 x 180, +2.00

Do you think I should ask my LASIK surgeon for my money back? :roll:

My current glasses are overcorrecting me. I can't decide if I want to buy some new lenses that will be wrong again in a few months. After 7 1/2 years of refractions swinging back and forth, back and forth... I hate going to the eye doctor... it just reminds me of what I've lost, and I just wish I could forget.

He asked me if I wanted him to check my pressures... I said, "Can you?" We had a good laugh over that one.

He refilled my Alphagan script... you know... for emergencies... you just carry the bottle in your purse, unopened until it expire because you can't tolerate the "side effects".

I asked him to check for cataracts, again. Yep, they're there. What, did I think they would magically disappear? I decided not to have the "cataract IOL power calculations after LASIK are inaccurate" discussion this time. I'm a handful, and he's such a good sport. How many patients come in with a list? He said I'm his favorite patient. I think he was just being nice.

I have been wearing the original SynergEyes. Today I asked to try the PS version. So we did a contact lens fitting today. We all know how much fun that is! The visit today, including $660.00 for new SynergEyes PS lenses was $844.00. And, I need new glasses on top of that.

And to think that one of the reasons I had LASIK was because I thought it would save money on glasses and contacts! Ha!

I asked my OD if his practice had seen any post-LASIK ectasia cases... he hesitated, then answered "yes". I could tell the question made him uncomfortable.

He told me about an 18 year old student who he's seeing for post-LASIK follow-up care. It apparently bothered him that a surgeon would do LASIK on someone so young, whose vision has most likely not stabilized.

The appointment today left me feeling sorry for myself again... I'm having a pity party. Does anybody in the LASIK industry care about people like me? I doubt it. They're all too busy counting their money.

"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:05 pm 

This is about what the "big E" looks like with my right eye.