Exposing the LASIK Scam

One Surgeon at a Time
It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:42 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Has Anyone Taken WRATH Out On The Lasik Doctor?
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 4:57 pm 

I have been asked this question maybe a hundred times by fellow hurt lasik patients that were lied to by their LASIK doctors, had lives ruined by their LASIK doctors, divorces created by their LASIK doctors, income came to an end from visual damage caused by their LASIK doctors...

And the same question comes up time and time again:

"HAS ANYBODY TAKEN WRATH ON THE LASIK DOCTOR, THEIR STAFF MEMBERS, AND THEIR FAMILIES FOR WHAT THEY HAVE DONE, FOR THIER ONGOING LIES AND BULLSHIT, AND COUNTER LAWSUITS, AND APPEALS?"

I look forward to the day, as I will APPLAUD, the person(s) that send a message back to the LASIK Industry that "IT IS NOT OKAY, TO RUIN SOMEONE'S VISION, LIE ABOUT IT, SUE AND TRY TO INTIMIDATE THEM, AND THEN LIE AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN while the AMA and other ACRS Bullshit boards protect the evil LASIK doctor, and try to "intimidate the hurt victimized patients."

So, why haven't we heard of this and does it happen, and has it happend yet? I'm not sure why not quite honestly. I know of a Dr. Glenn Kawesh in Beverly Hills who did have about 60+ lawsuits and just last month, March 2008, he died of a "supposed HEART ATTACK" while vacationing in Mexico at the age of like 43...

Was there "foul play?" I don't know. I would have rather have heard that the news had said: "Pissed-off lasik patient kills LASIK Doctor for what they have done to ruin a human being's vision, then lying about it, and the follow-up LASIK Docs lied about it to protect "the system" etc..."

I am sure with the amount of people having problems, and then being lied to, that finally when they actually figure out to go online and GOOGLE search: post LASIK problems OR lying LASIK doctors, they will see (no pun intended) a whole new world of honesty and truth open up to them, because you sure as heck are NOT going to see it on the news...

And when that person named "BUBBA," who is a strong man of 325 pounds, benches 500 pounds, finally figures out what happened to him and the lies told to him by his scrawny LASIK Surgeon and their staff (who have been lying to him for the past 3 years, to try to "PUSH HIM OUT BECAUSE THE STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS IS TICKING AWAY ON HIS TIMEFRAME TO SUE THE SURGEON'S ASS & THE SURGEON'S STAFF)," he is going to be one pissed off m.... f.....r!!

I look forward to the nightly news when Katie Courec tells about the conspiracy story called LASIK, and goes through the entire bullshit process of how these LASIK Doctors RIP OFF PATIENT AFTER PATIENT AFTER PATIENT, how they literally DESTROY LIVES ALL FOR THEIR OWN FINANCIAL GAIN, and exposes these BULLSHIT LASIK advocacy services that charge the doctors fees to pass them HURT LASIK PATIENT LEADS...when the hurt patient should be directed out of this corrupt country that has lost it's soul, has a bullshit FDA in place that is controlled by big business; woe that the patient will only get the "correct and needed" treatment overseas when the patient probably has just one shot at getting corrected!

John Doe
"Just a regular guy spreading the truths..."

Post subject: it's definately coming
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:35 am 

If it weren't illegal,it would have been done already.
In some countries,it would probably be considered a service to be rid of these kind of people.
I surely wouldn't feel a bit sorry for them.
Maybe we could have an open season once a year,this problem could be cleared up in a couple seasons then nobody would want to try that scam anymore.
We can dream can't we? :roll:

Post subject: LASIK DOCTORS AND THE MOVIE "BLOOD DIAMONDS" ARE T
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:58 pm 

Someone told me this and I agree with them...

"Lasik doctors are about as corrupt if not more so, than the EVIL Blood Diamond corrupt killers in Africa...However, lasik doctors are charging innocent patients at the tune of $5,000 for lasik, to ruin their vision and their lies and they know it, but all seem to giggle amongst each other and continue to lie and sell their souls off to the DEVIL..."

Post subject: true, true
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:02 am 

I completely agree.... I think it's time someone made these surgeons scream apology.

Post subject: What would it take for the industry to "wake up?"
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:01 pm 

What do you think would have to happen for the industry to "wake up?"

a.
b.
c.
d.

??

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:34 pm 

John: On this forum there was a place I read where someone made up some story about a doc being shot to death by his patient.. I was never a violent minded person in the past,,, but I almost got excited about it till I realized it was just a story.. not true. I think unfortunately, that may be what it will take before anyone takes this seriously.......... No one seems to understand or grasp the 'DAILY' nightmare we go thru and how not fun it is to live each day like this.
Sadeyes (and disgusted this is legal at all,,, dont' care about those so called happy people who had it, In time they will not be so happy; betcha!)

Post subject: I'm amazed too nothing has hit the news...
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:46 pm 

Yes, I agree. It's amazing that there isn't ONE PATIENT in the world, or a story about how a "disgruntled patient" took some type of WRATH out on his/her lasik doctor for their lies, their botched procedure and MEDICAL NEGLIGENCE, and how none of the boards seem to want to discipline them nor do the Department of Regulation or AMA or ACRS...

Truly TREASON and truly a crime, but it's LEGAL...right???

It's like a rapist who pays to get raped, and then the legal system protects the rapist...I have mentioned this and 100% of the people who I have mentioned this to agree that WE WOULD ALL TAKE BEING RAPED AND KEEPING OUR PRE LASIK VISION, STILL HAVING EYES TO SEE OUT OF, VERSUS THE PERMANENT RAPING IN PAYING LASIK DOCTORS $4,000+++ TO RAPE US, LIE TO US, RUIN OUR FAMILIY'S ABILITY TO EARN A LIVING, NOT PAY FOR ONGOING VISUAL TREATMENT AND DISABILITIES, and of course suffering...

The rapist, or lasik doctor, is truly performing a "legal form of rape" and getting away with charging $4,000 to "rape their lasik victims..." Which to me is much worse than someone raping a woman... Would you agree as well?

Post subject: I'm amazed too nothing has hit the news...
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:06 pm 

John:
I reported to the board here and of course after they spent more months than usual doing their so called confidential investigation, I got a letter saying they dismissed my claim. _astards... I wrote them and told them exactly how I felt about that and asked why they even existed if they were going to allow that lying so called doc to treat me and not treat what caused me permanent damage and vision loss and now hurt others... They never did reply.. I told them their organization was worthless, and didn't even know why they existed................. jerks!!!!!!!!!!
AND talk about reliving the pain besides on a daily basis of shitty sight,,, I'm still paying on my dang Visa card,, the surgery bill... That hurts every month as you can imagine..
Sadeyes (and pissed off)

Post subject: _astards and I will add DEVILS to describe them as well...
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:14 pm 

It's all controlled. It's all bullshit. The departments are obviously controlled by higher powers or the medical industry. Truly they protect their own and the "gravy train"...

Nick Caro has 60+ lawsuits and they dismissed my complaints for Florida and for Illinois on him, as well as the complaint on Jaswant Pannu in FLorida who I hear just died from a heart attack this past week. He was the son of a _itch, who took my money and lied to protect Nick Caro's _ss. He ultimately prevented me from suing Nick Caro and being awarded millions for the permanent damages imposed and what he has cost my family is into the millions for sure...

Anyway, was giggling and elated to hear that one more louzy person will be sent to HELL to spend eternity with the rest of these bottom feeders...I sincerly hope and pray that every lasik doctor's family pays for what they have done to all of us, from their lies, their EGO and GREEDY ways, and I hope they all end up with cancer or some long debilitating medical illness so I can say "haha...finally caught up with them, and what goes around comes around..."

Which ultimately does happen...

Post subject: medical board doesn't help!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:20 pm 

John:
I'm with you on your last post.. right with ya.. and I do hope that those docs, even though rare, that I've had the pleasure of meeting WHO WILL 'NOT' DO LASIK, CUZ THEY KNOW HOW HARMFUL IT IS,,, GET GOOD THINGS COMING THEIR WAY...... It's harder to go against your peers grain than follow it and for those strong enough to do so, they should deserve to get good rewards for that somewhere down the line. One unfortunately had already been botched by lasik himself,, and yes I'm speaking of Opthamologists I have personally met who have told me personally how they do NOT like lasik.. (these are eye surgeons, not just optometrists, I was impressed)

sadeyes

p.s. out of respect to the flap,I try not to cuss and just blepe like you did.. I think that's good and appropriate, here..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:58 am 

I hope no one ever takes matters into his own hands, whether they deserve it or not. What we *can* do, what we *should* do, is spread the word about how harmful LASIK is, and naming your doctor is ok if that's what you want to do.

I would hope that talk about revenge on doctors doesn't scare away patients who are just looking for help.

"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato

Post subject: Revenge re: docs
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:58 pm 

Broken Eyes:
well, I guess I better say something here..... you know when you are really hurt and think revenge,,,we all can think up horrible things, but of course, these are things we should never act upon.. I don't really believe in acting upon any of the thoughts and do not believe in violence (of course I never even thought about violence to myself until this happened), but anyway I would hope that no one would would NEVER take matters into their own hands out of revenge., it's just that revenge thinking.. I think many can relate to that.. It's okay if you think things, just as long as you dont' act on them.. But,, truth is, sadly enough I do fear one day someone who is harmed and not very stable in the moment, could,, does not mean they should. I only hope others take this epidemic of harmed people like us , seriously. It is VERY serious what has happened to us and what it has done to many people's quality of life. The daily turmoil we go through, is so grossly unfair. I pray one day, someone listens wholeheartedly to our pleas...

Sadeyes

Post subject: Re: Revenge re: docs
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:45 pm 

sadeyes wrote:
Broken Eyes:
well, I guess I better say something here..... you know when you are really hurt and think revenge,,,we all can think up horrible things, but of course, these are things we should never act upon.. I don't really believe in acting upon any of the thoughts and do not believe in violence (of course I never even thought about violence to myself until this happened), but anyway I would hope that no one would would NEVER take matters into their own hands out of revenge., it's just that revenge thinking.. I think many can relate to that.. It's okay if you think things, just as long as you dont' act on them.. But,, truth is, sadly enough I do fear one day someone who is harmed and not very stable in the moment, could,, does not mean they should. I only hope others take this epidemic of harmed people like us , seriously. It is VERY serious what has happened to us and what it has done to many people's quality of life. The daily turmoil we go through, is so grossly unfair. I pray one day, someone listens wholeheartedly to our pleas...

Sadeyes

I am not criticizing anyone for having those kinds of *thoughts* or *fantasies*... I remember thinking and saying that I wish my surgeon had to live with my vision... It just concerns me when these thoughts are put into writing in a public forum like this because those people who wish to harm us or to shut us up will use it against us. And I know for me personally, if I had read things like that when I first started posting on Surgical Eyes it would have probably scared me away.

"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:02 pm 

Okay, agreed. But what is it going to take for the industry to START PROTECTING THE PEOPLE and NOT THE DOCTORS who really aren't doctors, but rather EVIL BUSINESSMAN with one goal in mind and that is to make as much money in 10 minutes as they can so that they can FEED THEIR OUT OF CONTROL EGOS?

-THE DEPARTMENT OF REGULATION IS RESPONSIBLE FOR DISCIPLINING A DOCTOR BUT IN TERMS OF LASIK, THEY HAVE NOT DONE SO...

-THE AMA COULD CARE LESS AND REFERS YOU BACK TO THE DEPARTMENT OF REGULATION...

-THE ACRS WON'T EVEN RETURN A PHONE CALL OR AN EMAIL AND SEEMS TO BE AT THE HEAD OF THIS CORRUPTION LOOKING OUT FOR THEIR EVIL LASIK DOCTORS...

-CONSUMER AFFAIRS AND THE FBI WON'T TOUCH IT...

-NOT ONE NEWS STATION WILL AIR ANY OF OUR STORIES because the lasik doctor will "SUE" them and they know it, plus it hurts their GRAVY TRAIN, in that Lasik doctors have made millions and spend millions on advertising...SO NEWS THESE DAYS, IS ALL ABOUT WHO HAS THE MONEY TO BE ON TELEVISION...

-THE LASIK DOCTOR: IS COMPARED TO A RAPIST, EXCEPT THE LASIK DOCTOR IS GETTING AWAY WITH RAPING THEIR PATIENTS, LYING TO THEM, AND THEY ARE GETTING PAID $5,000 for 10 minutes of surgical rape.

-IF YOU DARE TO SUE A LASIK DOCTOR, they know that 99% lasik medical negligence cases do NOT win because the victim is barely functional making it through the course of the day, while the Lasik surgeon has millions to fight it and we all know that whomever has the most money, WINS THE LAWSUIT IN THE END...

SO, I am waiting for a RAMBO to find out that he/she literally got lied to, was not properly prescreened by the commissioned staff or lasik doctor, is now ruined for life and left functionless and now can't even provide for his/her family, and just figured out that the doctor was lying for years to push them past the Statute of Limitations to sue, and is now "PISSED OFF" beyond control...

THIS IS NOT FUNNY...
THIS IS NOT A THREAT...

I care like you do, enough to write the FDA a petition to help prevent some type of "catastraphe" or "patient revenge." No one seems to care though. So, I believe it is just a matter of time until someone takes "REVENGE" on a lasik doctor for what they have done and for their lies and for our government NOT LISTENING or engaging to properly address these valid complaints...

I HOPE NOTHING BAD HAPPENS TO ANYONE LIKE YOU BOTH, BUT HISTORY HAS SHOWN THAT A PERSON CAN ONLY TAKE SO MUCH...And sane or insane, THERE ARE TENS OF THOUSANDS OF PISSED OFF "hurt lasik" patients that I would say more than a handful are "REALLY PISSED OFF" and who knows what could happen...

Again, I will see if the FDA addresses this issue on my petition due back July 5th, 2007...Stay tuned...

Unfortunately, sometimes in life and in our GREEDY present times, it takes a Virginia Tech or Waxo event to "WAKE UP" people...I truly hope it doesn't come to this, but every lasik patient has asked me "why this hasn't happened yet, or do you know of anything like this that has made the news..."

Until then...stay focused on fixing your eyes!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:13 am 

John, I understand your frustration. I have tried everything I know to make a difference. The bottom line is the doctors are in this for the money and they are going to do whatever it takes to keep this LASIK gravy train moving down the tracks. They will attack doctors who testify for patients, they have "hammer clauses" to use against injured patients who are victims of malpractice, they deliberately keep the standard of care low to protect their golden goose, they operate on both eyes of the patient at the same time so the patient doesn't have one good eye for comparison, they pay fake patient advocates to harass and threaten outspoken patients, the FDA and the LASIK industry are in bed together, the director of FDA Ophthalmic Devices is an ophthalmologist who rubs elbows with LASIK surgeons at their conventions around the country... it's the most digusting thing I've ever seen in my life. The FDA doesn't regulate doctors, it regulates devices. But when the device is used off-label, nobody cares because then it becomes "practice of medicine" and now you are in the legal arena and have to prove the doctor fell below "standard of care"... well if all LASIK doctors decide to stick a pencil in your eye, that becomes the "standard of care" and it is completely defensible in a civil court of law. Why do you think all the doctors and fake patient advocates stick together in saying that pupil size doesn't matter? Because they are protecting each other, they are protecting their gravy train. These doctors are not really doctors. The best word I can come up with to describe them is butchers, and that's a very strong word for me. I read the medical literature and it makes me sick because in their medical journals (you know, the ones they would never expect a patient to purchase a subscription to, or even know how to read the material) the proof is there that LASIK is bad. We don't make this stuff up.

I just read an article today in a medical journal -- the authors write that it is now well-known that LASIK has long term complications such as ectasia, and they are transitioning back to PRK (no flap), but they are giving PRK a new name so it sounds sort of like LASIK and doesn't give anyone a clue they are going backwards instead of forwards. Here's a link to my post about the article:

http://lasikflap.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1527

I totally understand your frustration. We have been abandoned by these so-called doctors... we are the "ocular cripples" (their word, not mine). The whole thing is disgusting, and you are right...

NOBODY CARES!