Exposing the LASIK Scam

One Surgeon at a Time
It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:24 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: FYI - IZON Lenses Worthless for Post Lasik Complications
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 5:54 am 
 E-mail  Profile

To anyone considering IZON lenses to help with any night time problems related to lasik -

They are worthless and have the same effect as a normal pair of glasses, and do not fix any of the NVDs we are all so familar with.

Anthony

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 12:33 pm 

I've been trying to tell patients this for years. Yet patients still keep believing the hype.

Glasses cannot correct irregular astigmatism (also known as higher order aberrations).

"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato

Post subject: IZON LENSES WORTHLESS
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:08 pm 

I just wanted to add a note, to make sure anyone who reads in this area knows that , I too, tried the izon lenses and spent $1,000.00 (non-returnable money) and they are WORTHLESS. PLEASE DO NOT LOSE YOU MONEY ON THESE.. BUY A REGULAR PAIR OF GLASSES, IT WILL BE JUST AS GOOD IF NOT BETTER THAN THESE IZONS... IT'S MARKETING CRAP, MARKETING, MARKETING........ THAT'S ALL.
Sadeyes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:56 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

HI everyone...

With my IZON glasses, their was a rudimentary printout of my wavefront scan and HOA information.

Is there someone I can email a picture of my HOA picture too? I would really appreciate it. I don't quite understand HOA and if they even exist before a person has lasik.

And to me, HOA include untreated areas of the cornea outside of the blend / optical zone, is this correct?

The image that I scanned of my wavefront of my eyes if probably covers less than half my eyes since I beleive someone on here said that IZON wavefront machines only measure like 5mm of the pupil or something like that. Well anyways, I hope this is a good starting point to understanding more about my own sitation. Maybe after this I can go to my lasik surgery and get a real wavefront printout and scan that, if that would help at all and if anyone was willing to look at it. Thanks again -
Anthony

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:48 pm 

APizzo667 wrote:
HI everyone...

With my IZON glasses, their was a rudimentary printout of my wavefront scan and HOA information.

Is there someone I can email a picture of my HOA picture too? I would really appreciate it. I don't quite understand HOA and if they even exist before a person has lasik.

And to me, HOA include untreated areas of the cornea outside of the blend / optical zone, is this correct?

The image that I scanned of my wavefront of my eyes if probably covers less than half my eyes since I beleive someone on here said that IZON wavefront machines only measure like 5mm of the pupil or something like that. Well anyways, I hope this is a good starting point to understanding more about my own sitation. Maybe after this I can go to my lasik surgery and get a real wavefront printout and scan that, if that would help at all and if anyone was willing to look at it. Thanks again -
Anthony

Send me a private message and I'll give you my email address.

Yes, HOA include the untreated areas of the cornea as long as they take the scan at a large enough diameter. The scan diameter should be as large as your scotopic pupil size. I doubt the scan was taken that large.

"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:48 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

Are their any wavefront machines that measure large pupil sizes? If so, what are their names and how large do they measure?

Sorry if this question was asked before but I don't know where else to find accurate information on this stuff.

I lost all trust of all other websites.

Thanks a MILLION btw, if it was not for this website, I would have to go to my lasik surgon everytime I had a question regarding everything refractive surgery related - and something gives me a feeling that the answer he would give would be much more self serving than the answers I received here.

I'd like to do his lasik eye surgery.

ALSO FOR SEARCH PURPOSES - DR. SIEPSER OUT OF KING OF PRUSSIA, PA IS TERRIBLE FOR LASIK 2ND OPINIONS!!!!!!!

ALSO FOR SEARCH PURPOSES - WILLS EYE HOSPITAL IN PHILADELPHIA, PA AND ITS CORNEA AND RETINA DEPARTMENTS ARE WORTHLESS FOR 2ND OPINIONS.

UNLESS YOU LIKE BEING TOLD THAT THE GLARE AND STARBURTS AND FLOATERS YOU HAVE ARE 100% IN YOUR HEAD AND PAY $500 BUCKS TO HEAR IT, STAY FAR WAY!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:29 pm 

APizzo667 wrote:
I'd like to do his lasik eye surgery.

Hahahah! Yeaaahhh....we can only dream.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:40 am 

APizzo667 wrote:
Are their any wavefront machines that measure large pupil sizes? If so, what are their names and how large do they measure?

Off the top of my head, I believe the B&L aberrometer and the Alcon Ladarwave can measure large pupils. There may be a couple of others. I've got a journal article around here somewhere with a comparison of aberrometers. It gives the maximum scan diameter. I'll try to dig it up for you this weekend when I have some time. If I forget, remind me.

Bear in mind that if a surgeon has an aberrometer, it doesn't mean he's got the biggest baddest latest version. Unfortunately you are going to have to make some calls, and -- good luck trying to get this kind of information from a LASIK surgeon's office!!! The person on the phone probably won't even understand your question. One local LASIK surgeon refused to do a wavefront scan on me because he knew why I wanted it -- I had to fly to another state to get it done.

Post subject: THEY AREN'T WORTHLESS...
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:54 pm 

Izon lenses for $500 bucks are about the best bang for the money, for glasses. We are all going to need to wear a pair of glasses so you might as well get these.

They certainly are NOT a cure for post lasik aberrations, although they do minimize my HOA's. Mostly, in order to be cured, many/most of us will need:

Aleksandar Stojanovic, MD
In charge or refractive surgery,
Eye Dpt. University Hospital, North Norway
Medical director at SynsLaser Clinic,
Tromsoe and Oslo, Norway

SynsLaser Troms? AS
Skippergt. 7A, 9008 Troms?
Telefon: 77 64 79 20 Mobil: 95 94 74 71 Faks: 77 64 79 29
E-post: jannicke@synslaser.no Web: www.synslaser.no

SEND THEM YOUR COMPLETE MEDICAL TOPOGRAPHIES AND SEE WHAT THEY SAY...

Post subject: Izon lenses
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:59 pm 

John:
I'm glad you found your Izon's valuable.. I cannot even wear mine because they are so disturbing and they do not help any HOA"s for me..
As for your note about peopel need to see that doc in Norway to be cured, I'd like to know what makes you think everyone can be cured by him? Were you? I think it's misleading to others reading that he will be able to cure them. I know of no one who has been cured by him.. Not even someone who had surgery by him, can yet say that... So what do you base that on? I hate to see people spend money to go see this doc and find out they cannot help. Not all people even should have surgery. And many second surgeries do not help anyone. I'm interested in knowing what valid info you have on this doc..
thank you.
Sadeyes

Post subject: Update:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:10 pm 

Hello:

I spent 8 years researching everything and very patiently waiting for the best shot at surgery (i had LASIK in 1999) and then decided to travel to Norway for this specific PRK procedure. Surely, nothing is a cure all.

I didn't state that he can cure anyone, but I did have surgery in Norway by him, and this was on March 27th, 2007 in Tromso, Norway. I am the first patient from the states (bad post lasik results)...

So far, and believe me it's too early to tell since it was PRK which takes much longer to heal, but I am now back to about where I was PRE PRK and have very reduced HOA's...This week I noticed another refinement, etc...and I have been told that this will go on refining over the entire year POST OP PRK...

I always suggest for patients to send their records to Dr. Stojanovic because I have found him to be:

a. The most honest and forthcoming.
b. Sincerely caring and understanding each patient.
c. Doesn't charge to give you his opinion like all of the other docs.
d. NO LONGER PERFORMS LASIK, AS HE UNDERSTANDS THE TRUE DAMAGES EVERY LASIK PROCEDURE CREATES SHORT AND LONG TERM.
e. He has the BEST KNOWN TRACKRECORD for helping POST LASIK CASUALTIES and even turns down patients if he feels he can not help them.
f. HE USES the state of the art www.LigiTech.com laser, which can't even be found here in the USA, thus my reason to have gone to Norway twice. Once for PRE PRK SURGERY consultation, the second trip for the PRK surgery.
g. The procedure: he designed and is creator of the "morphological axis approach" to re-establish the original topography of one's cornea...this is NOT being done in the USA as of now.
h. Most of his patients have been improved, and very few have stayed about the same, and maybe 1 in 100 have become worse off.
i. Presidia Topographer: he uses this to accurately measure ones topography and cornea, i hear it is much BETTER than anything here in the USA.

Anyway...I hope this helps clear the air.

Post subject: Norway doctor
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:21 pm 

John:
Yes, thanks so much for clarifying.. and I'm so glad to hear you are seeing some kind of improvement and I surely hope it continues during the rest of your healing time. You are a brave person to go all the way to Norway in hopes of help.. I DO wish you the best...
Keep us posted as to how you are doing.
Most sincerely,
Sadeyes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:26 pm 

If you give me your email, I will keep you on my "update" list to inform you about every part of the surgery, what I went through and how I am healing so you can pass on to others and maybe study for yourself...

Best wishes...

info@lifeafterlasik.com
www.LifeAfterLasik.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:14 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

John -

1. The Presidia Topographer - how large does the topographer go?
2. "morphological axis approach" - What are the advantages of re-establishing the originally topography of the cornea if the cornea is now in a permanently altered state ?
3. What exactly went wrong in your original surgery? Meaning, was it more than a smaller than optimal optical zone or was there more too it? I think you had a de-centered ablation zone?
4. Are your HOA now better than they were pre-PRK but post-LASIK in your eye that you had done?
5. Exactly how large are your pupils?

I am asking only because I don't know, not because I mean to question you.

Thanks a million,
Tony

Post subject: Answers
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:22 pm 

1. The largest treatment zone I hear is like a 7mm, with a blend out to 10mm zone. But, most/all doctors won't do anybody that large because then centrally they have to remove a heck of a lot more tissue further risking Ectasia or should I say "exponentially risking" Ectasia...

I went with about the largest/safest/widest treatment and blend out zone at 7mm treatment blended out to 9mm...(roughly). 2 more months of healing...stay tuned.

I hear I am now more regular and am a candidate for Toric "weighted" Soft Contact lenses, which I am going to try next if the PRK doesn't get me there...

2. Google search this and you will learn more about how it factors in the "EPI" which in the states is a mess with retreatments making the "already hurt lasik patient" even worse off because the EPI grows back at various thicknesses causing even greater HOAs and other disorders.

3. Decentered lasik, a pathetic laser that was proven to have problems, and about as PISS POOR of a lasik doctor or bottom feeder as they get. I have been told that I even have somewhat of a "button hole" created on my OS/Left eye...the doctor is in total denial and truly only cares about further feeding his ego, no matter what the cost it has done to hundreds of ruined lives...

4. Yes, and slowly improving more and more about every 4 weeks...as the EPI is 7 layers thick, so I would think that about 3 layers have healed and about 4 to go.

5. Off the charts, the largest recorded at 9mm-10mm...I was NEVER a candidate for any refractive procedure, PERIOD and the doctor should have been thrown in jail for life, with the key thrown away and I should have received MILLIONS for what he has done to my family and I, but thanks to all of the OTHER BOTTOM FEEDERS protecting his a.., he got away, and the departments of regulation, AMA, and ACRS could care less and protect "their own." The FDA has accepted my petition and I am waiting for their decision...

Again, I told you this before, send everything to Dr. Alexs Stojanovic so at least you get an ETHICAL doctor trying to help you out...most in the states in our opinions of course, are SOUL LESS...and have gone to the "dark side" as portrayed in Star Wars...

Good luck...