Exposing the LASIK Scam

One Surgeon at a Time
It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:47 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: All LASIK surgons praticing now are 'Joseph Mengeles'
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:36 pm 

Hi LasikBS. There is enough evidence in the literature to condemn LASIK as an inacceptable medical practice, so all the doctors who continue to perform these surgeries in the harsh light of current knowledge are nothing more than butchers.

If you ask any 'happy' patient the right questions you will find that nearly all LASIK patients have some issues with their LASIK surgery.

Informed consent documents are written to protect the surgeon, not the patient - so they reveal half-truths and are general to cover the surgeon's butt while not informing the patient fully enough to scare them.

One of the worst things you can do to your doctor is to transcribe any malpractice cases against him into HTML and publish them on the internet with the heading Dr. Joseph Kiernan suded by [patient name here] for Medical Malpractice. Post this under this heading in enough places and it will pop up on the first page when prospective patients search for him.

Your own complaints to any government agency are prorected free speech. Draft a state medical board complaint and send it in. Then repost what you sent on every bulletin board you can find under the heading 'State Medical Board Complaint against Dr. Joseph Kiernan'.

Very effective.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:26 am 
 WWW  Profile

Dear Lasikbs;

Do not give up on a resolution to your problem. There is a new generation of special materials and lenses specifically intended to restore quality vision to those who have lost it due to lasik and other forms of refractive surgery.

Edward Boshnick, O.D., F.A.A.O.
Miami, Fla.
www.eyefreedom.com

Post subject: Are the SynergEyes PS lenses out yet?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:12 pm 

SynergEyes was supposed to be announcing a new lens for post-surgical eyes. Some patients are wearing the SynergEyes lenses made for keratoconus patients and wishing they had a better fit :wink: ... any news on these lenses?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:41 am 
 WWW  Profile

Dear Scientist;

I am one of the only eye care practitioners in the U.S. using the Synergeyes Post-Surgical lens. This lens works well with many post-lasik eyes, but not with all. If I have difficulties getting a patient adapted to a scleral lens, I will use the Synergeys lens. Unfortunealty, there is no one modality that will work well with everyone.

The main point that I want to make with my recent posts is for post-lasik patients suffering from various types of vision difficulties to not give up. There are many dedicated eye doctors who will try to assist you in regaining what was so unfairly lost. Please don't give up. New technologies are being created to assist you. There has been research in the use of amniotic tissue in the form of a special contact lens to allow the damaged tissue to heal. Other new technologies will be arriving very shortly.

Miami, Fl.
www.eyefreedom.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:46 pm 

Dr. Boshnick,

Thank you for posting here.

I am especially concerned about patients who think that their only hope is more surgery. How can we trust a LASIK surgeon to correct problems from LASIK with more LASIK? :shock:

I had given up hope a couple of years ago. Then SynergEyes came along.

I hope your posts will restore hope to patients who have lost all hope.

"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato

Post subject: Hope for those damaged by Lasik
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:00 pm 

I want to thank DrBosh and Broken Eyes for what they wrote.. I am one who truly needs to hear what you've said in the last two strings. I sure hope there are new things (technology without surgery) coming for those of us who are suffering daily... It sometimes gets very hard to keep going. If only I knew there was hope,,, it sure does help. I hope you, DrBosh can keep us posted when those things come to play, that you noted,, cuz we surely want to know as soon as that happens. I went from contacts(hard) that didn't fit well and cut into my eye, to glasses that seemed better for awhile and now I'm experiencing new ghosting around store signs and letters I didn't before , so have stopped wearing the glasses, cuz its so much more noticable and disturbing, I'm back to uncorrected, messed up eyes... I can't afford a trip to an experienced doc as of yet to get new, fitting contacts,, so just suffer for time being. I will get the funds and energy to try that again at some point.
Thanks again for noting the possible hope that could be coming our way. I sure hope it does..
Sadeyes

Post subject: Dr. Bosh
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:35 pm 

Dr.Bosh:
I just want to take a moment to personally applaud you and thank you, for your public sharing of how you feel about lasik written on your own website. I just read what you wrote on your website, about Lasik and warning those to stay away that are thinking about it. For a doctor to have the courage and ethics to go against the grain of the masses in your field is truly a credit to your humanity. And believe me, I've met many optometrists and opthamologists seeking help for myself who hid the truth of lasik and support lasik, not the mention me being treated like dirt by many of them. ($$$$) On my long journey of about 14 docs, I only met a couple who had no problem telling you right off they are NOT FOND AT ALL Of LASIK, which was very refreshing considering they were opthamologists (surgeons for those who do not know difference) who could do lasik, but chose not to because they do not feel it is safe or ethical, either. For you to share on your web so candidly about how one should stay away from lasik says so much about your being a "true doctor", an ethical human being with a conscience that truly cares about patients and is not afraid to say how you feel about lasik based on the truths of what you know having seen the damage first hand by those begging for help to have any life at all. I say you should be and probably have been applauded by many. I just wanted to state it here. I again want to applaud you and thank you, sincerely!!! And then on top of it to take the time to write here and give those of us suffering some hope with your expertise and knowledge,, is priceless..
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.. You are a godsend.
Sadeyes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:23 am 

Ditto what sadeyes said. I wonder if Dr. Boshnick understands how "validated" it makes us feel to hear it from an eye doctor. Doctors like Dr. Boshnick are like angels to us.

"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:55 am 
 WWW  Profile

Dear Broken Eyes and Sadeyes;

Thank you so much for your kind words. What we all have to remember is that Lasik is a multi billion dollar industry. The corporations that make the lasik equipment are multinational and are all on the New York Stock Exchange. They have the funds to aggressively advertise the things that they do on TV, radio, newspapers etc. When a lie is repeated often and loud enough it takes on a certain type of "truth." You who have been damaged by lasik must band together and let all of the Federal health care agencies know what happened to you (ie the FDA).

You must be very careful when it comes to health care in general. There is no government agency that will protect you from doctors. That is why there are lawyers to help you after the fact. HMO's and other managed health care organizations (ie Humana, Aetna, Blue Cross etc.) have taken over the health care industry. They determine in large part how much or how little a doctor will get paid. That is the reason various forms of cosmetic surgery such as lasik have been so aggressively promoted over the last few decades. Insurance does not get involved. It is strictly cash up front. We live in an era where we must question our health care providers and ALWAYS get second opinions when surgery is involved.

The best to you all;

www.eyefreedom.com

Post subject: Lasik truths
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:46 pm 

DrBosh:
And again, as your note shows, even knowing what you know you still choose to speak the truth and that makes you so very special.. You may not be aware, I know first hand, that even lawyers do not want to get involved after the fact... They would not help me. They were happy to tell me to continue my search to find another lawyer,,, but then it started feeling like the run-around with doctors.. You are right that there is no one to protect us or help us and we need to be careful and that is why you are such an important and incredible person to be willing to do so. I had my state medical board investigate my doctor (with all the bad treatment I rec'd, lies, and negligence that occured that gave me permanent damage) and in the end, they dismissed it.. I didn't expect much else really, because I would not honestly trust them either to do the right thing, either.
So,,,, you and people like you of which I know few, are so important to this society. Just know how much you are appreciated for not giving up on those of us who need your help. You are a blessing..
Again, thank you so much!!!!!

Sadeyes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:44 pm 

Someone registered on The Flap yesterday using the name
joseph kiernan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:12 pm 

lol..... Lets get ready to rumble!!! :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:58 pm 

When you do a Google search on Joseph Kiernan, this thread comes up on the 2nd page.

If you do the search using "Joseph Kiernan LASIK" it's #1. :lol:

I have yet to find a LASIK surgeon willing to debate me. C'mon Dr. Kiernan. Let me tell you what you're doing to your uninformed patients.

Post subject: Also prepared to debate Dr. Joseph P. Kiernan
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:10 pm 

I am also ready to debate LASIK surgeon Dr. Joseph P. Kiernan. Bring it on!

Post subject: hmmm....
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:41 pm 

You know I was searching the web and came across something. I almost believe that the person responsible for creating the following site knew my surgeon, Joseph Kiernan of Premier Eye Care and Surgery.

http://www.hss.caltech.edu/~mcafee/Bin/sb.html

Just a thought....

Also, if "Dr" Joseph Kiernan is paying attention...
http://dailyherald.mycapture.com/mycapture/enlarge.asp?userphoto=0&image=12031278&thispage=1
Why are you still wearing glasses? Aren't you with it? If Regis Philbin wasn't too old for his lasik procedure, being well into his 70's, you aren't either, right? Since you did it to your son (cough, BS, cough) then, it is safe enough for you to do it, right? I am still puzzled why 80% of the 15 employees you have wear glasses. Maybe they have all seen what this surgery, done by you, is capable of doing to people. Hang on to those people; it takes a special type of person to turn a blind eye to injustice.