Exposing the LASIK Scam

One Surgeon at a Time
It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:55 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Anti-depression (not anti-anxiety) drugs without mydrasis
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:37 am 
 E-mail  Profile

Does anyone here know of any anti-depression drugs that do not cause mydrasis? I really, really, really, really, need to find one.

I am permently on 10mg of valums a day, pilocarpine, alphagan, and wear blu blockers 24/7.

Thanks doc. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:40 am 
 E-mail  Profile

I ordered about a 800 dollar pair of IZON glasses 3 weeks ago. I am waiting for them to come in. I had to take a 6 hour bus ride to Maryland from Philly each way and then I need to do the same to go back and pick up the glasses since they need to be fitted right.

I wish everynight in my sleep I would quietly die.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:43 am 
 E-mail  Profile

Another problem now is that medicines that give mydrasis no longer have to say that they cause mydrasis but rather "eye problems" which could be other problem than mydrasis which could be something I could tolerate rather than the mydrasis (makes my 8.5mm pupils about 10mm without question).
One day soon I am going to take out another loan and visit the doctor from eyefloaters.com, as long as I don't have a massive heart attack from the constant worry and anxiety I have from this damn surgery.

Today is my 3 year anniversary of "wavefront" lasik. Happy anniversary Anthony.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:46 am 
 E-mail  Profile

I forgot to mention that I built up a tolerance to the valums so now I have a life altering addiction with no added quality of life from the medince.

Dean - if you by chance read this - did your iVIS surgery in Norway help out your night time problems, or are you not able to tell yet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:27 pm 

Careful with that pilocarpine. There is a risk of retinal detachment.

I will be very surprised if the IZON glasses relieve any of your night time visual symptoms. Please let us know.

I don't have any information for you regarding anti-depressants that don't cause your pupils to dilate. Sorry. Maybe someone else knows.

"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato

Post subject: Antidepressants
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:48 pm 

I have never heard of antidepressants that don't make your pupils dilate. If there were one, I'd be on it. If you are no longer receiving benefit from your valium start tapering off of it.

Ask your Psychiatrist about other classes of anti-anxiety drugs, and tell him you want to avoid benzodiazepines (like valium) that do have a tendency toward dependency.

Don't go off any drug cold turkey without talking to your doctor about it, and don't run completely out of a medication you were taking regularly if you have just gotten off of it. You may find yourself in a situation where you really need some medication. Be careful.

Good luck with the glasses. Please let us know how that goes!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:01 am 
 E-mail  Profile

As a part of my disability, I am going to a psychologist this week to be evaluated. I am going to ask him if there are any anti-depressants that could not induce mydrasis.

My therapist said that my brain must be getting zerooooooooooooooooooo seratonine (however you spell it!)

Never had any physical or emotional problems, that was until I had LASIK.