Exposing the LASIK Scam

One Surgeon at a Time
It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:25 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Thankful for this website.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:02 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

I am really thankful for this website.
For years I wanted to meet and talk to people just like me. I always tried to relate to others how I see and feel now and it is impossible. I would come home at the end of the day and tell my mom what it is like and it would break her heart. I never realize how much it hurt her until recently. I am glad now that I have a resource to share how I am feeling and to have a site that offers a glimmer of hope for the future.

I read on one of the message boards that most people only stay and read messages for a little while and disappear. I don't want to judge or compare, but I know that I am in this for life. Even if through some miracle or act of God (which, Lasik also robbed me of my belief in any higher being) that I have perfect vision one day, I will also contine to help just as the people who work so hard on this site do. I hope to one day, when I can see better, to volunteer to do work with the visually impaired.

It is the least I could to help others who are having eye problems too.
So, sorry for talking completly at random, but I have slight more optamistic look on the future of my eyesight now thanks to Lasik Flap.

Anthony

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:17 pm 

yes I agree this site is one of the jewels of the internet and I hope that it continues to grow and help people to learn the truth. In my opinion both refractive surgery and another area of my concern which is dentistry are both rampant with deception and sites like these are a gift from God.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:00 am 

Wow, those are very kind words.

I've been at this for over six years. I am determined to help patients find truthful information (instead of lies and hype), and to answer their questions to the best of my ability.

My search for knowledge began because I was looking for a surgical fix for myself back in the beginning. I quickly came to realize that there was no fix -- at least not one that was safe. What I learned just motivated me to disseminate it to other patients. Now it's all about helping others.

Others on this bulletin board, like Scientist, are as motivated as I am to help patients -- even though it's too late for us.

I remember posting these lyrics to a song by Jewel on the old Surgical Eyes bulletin board (slightly modified by me):

If I could tell the world just one thing
It would be that we're all OK
And not to worry 'cause worry is wasteful
And useless in times like these
I won't be made useless
I won't be idle with despair
I will gather myself around my faith
For light does the darkness most fear
My hands are small, I know
But they're not yours, they are my own
And I am never broken
The Prince of Darkness stole your eyesight
He didn't steal your laughter
And heartache came to visit me
But I knew it wasn't ever after
We'll fight, not out of spite
For someone must stand up for what's right
'Cause where there's a man who has no voice
There ours shall go singing
My hands are small I know
I am never broken
In the end only kindness matters
In the end only kindness matters
I will get down on my knees, and I will pray
And I am never broken
And I am never broken
We are never broken
We are God's eyes
God's hands
God's mind
We are God's eyes
God's hands
God's heart
We are God's eyes
God's hands
God's eyes
We are God's hands
We are God's hands

That's how I feel.

My eyes may be broken, but I'm not.

"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato

Post subject: In this for life...
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:29 am 

I'm also in this for life, and I will be 'out there' telling the truth about deception and malpractice in the corneal refractive surgery industry with my last breath... in a way that is much less poetic than B.E. :oops:

Glad we could help you on this site.

You may consider applying to a school for the blind. There is a severe shortage of people who want to be trained to help the blind. Since you are not blind, but visually impaired, you can understand low vision and may be an excellent and empathetic teacher. It could be a wonderful and rewarding career for you. Scholarships are available in this area because of need.

Think about it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:42 am 
 E-mail  Profile

I just wanted to reiterate the message of this thread...especially for what has occurred over the past few days. A more formal thank you is due, but, for the time being, I wanted to say thanks for this site for the help it provides on and off the internet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:28 pm 

You're right, Anthony. Most people will never know what goes on "behind the scenes" in private emails, private messages, phone calls and personal visits.

"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato