Exposing the LASIK Scam

One Surgeon at a Time
It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:34 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Nystagmus and dizziness post lasik
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:57 am 

This is a very good article relating nystagmus and dizziness.
My nystagmus testing post lasik has been very clear and is documented,almost three years of it now. Of course,I had never even heard of it pre lasik.
I hope someone may find this info useful and that they may decide it's not worth the risk.
http://www.lowvision.org/nystagmus.htm

Post subject: re:dizziness and nystagmus
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:51 pm 

Even worse than the constant dizziness is the migraine headaches that intensify as the day progresses and can go on for several days without letting up.
I had refractive error,induced irregular astigmatism and a drifting prescription post lasik. Binocularity testing shows my eyes aren't working together correctly anymore.
Most doctors Ive seen ignor these issues or discuss them in the office but never record them on a report,including the surgeon said they weren't related to my lasik,without even examining me again and rushed me out the door. I had missed my follow up exam because within days of the surgery,I was in the hospital with vertigo.
Now I am told by one of the top surgeons in my state that it can only be made worse by further surgery and they would not operate anyway because (at 1.5 yrs after),I now have cataracts and epithelial ingrowth.
The eyes are so dry that tolerating contacts for very long (depending a lot on temperature and humidity) has been practically impossible.
Tens of thousands of dollars have been spent only to find that there is no answer or the technology doesn't yet exist to help.
This is like being a prisoner in your own body and locked into a nightmare that has become your real life.
Feel free to PM me.
If I can make one person reconsider,I do feel good about that.
God Bless and thank you Lasik Flap

Post subject: Re: re:dizziness and nystagmus
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:32 pm 

lasick wrote:
(at 1.5 yrs after),I now have cataracts and epithelial ingrowth.

lasick,

I was just wondering how long after you had LASIK did your epithelial ingorwth happen? Did it take the full 1.5 years for it become a problem, or have you been dealing with that for a while now?

Also, I didn't know that LASIK can cause cataracts, I just thought LASIK makes it hard to treat your cataracts when you get them naturally.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:52 pm 

Both were found about a year and a half later. At least that's the first time I was told.

The number one cause of cataracts, correct me if I'm wrong, is trauma to the eye. They are still denying that slicing your eye and burning it with a laser is trauma, I guess. I know someone who got a cataract by bumping their eye with a 2x4.

The doctor also told me I have a lot of higher order aberrations from the lasik (the figures are on this board somewhere). We discussed my vertigo, refractive error, astigmatism, headaches etc but all that got to the medical report was baby cats, period. I called his office about it but he would not speak to me. I talked a little with the receptionist who told me people call there all the time with lasik complications but that they never had anything but great results. lol :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:38 pm 

lasick wrote:
I talked a little with the receptionist who told me people call there all the time with lasik complications but that they never had anything but great results. lol :roll:

Yeah...patiens SAY they are not happy with their LASIK...LASIK surgeons and their staff TELL them they had great results...regardless of how unhappy the patient is. THESE are the numbers that get recorded...not real numbers...hense this stupid 1-2% BS.

It's fake! All of it.

Makes me SO MAD!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:41 pm 

lasick wrote:
Both were found about a year and a half later. At least that's the first time I was told.

PS. You were told you had ep. ingrowth 1.5 years later...does that mean it didn't really bother you at all, like you didn't suspect it? Or, were you in pain, but didn't know why? I'm just wondering what ep. ingrowth feels like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:36 pm 

I guess it causes cloudiness in your vision. Others on here know more about it than I but then I, have lost all previous reference to what my vision was once like. All I know is I don't see near as well as I once did even when I can tolerate the RGP's. That's one thing about vision,nobody else has any idea what someone else's is like.

I do have some eye pain,probably from dryness. And horrible migraines, likely from the nystagmus and not being able to "fix" my eyes on things. I have a feeling it's related to the loss of binocularity between the eyes but someone else with more knowledge about this may post, hopefully.

Most of what I have learned is from my own research. Doctors are keeping their mouths shut for the most part. One optometrist told me they just don't want to get involved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:34 pm 

Here's a link to another good article. A lot of this really hits home for me. Nystagmus is something very hard for people who haven't had it to understand.
http://www.rcophth.ac.uk/docs/publicati ... tagmus.pdf