Exposing the LASIK Scam

One Surgeon at a Time
It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:25 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:50 am 
 E-mail  Profile

I have read on lifeafterlasik.com that IVIS IRES LASER is supposed to have an optical of 7MM and transition of up to 10M.

Is there any promise here??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:54 pm 

APizzo667 wrote:
I have read on lifeafterlasik.com that IVIS IRES LASER is supposed to have an optical of 7MM and transition of up to 10M.

Is there any promise here??

Didn't you say your pupils are over 8 mm, and that you already have a 6.5 mm plus blend zone wavefront treatment?

I'm in the same boat as you (but much worse off) and I've been researching this for 6.5 years and I came to the conclusion long, long ago that I would NEVER risk another surgery. I have read too many horror stories about these so-called retreatments. They can never correct what should have never happened in the first place. This surgery is irreversible. More surgery is a huge, huge risk with the best result being *some* improvement but not *elimination* of your night vision problems. How much cornea are you willing to allow them to burn? How much more risk are you willing to take? Are you willing to risk vision that is worse than what you have now?

I guess I have to take myself back to the early days post-op for me and recall how desperate I was to find a fix and how sure I was that I would find something to fix me and I wouldn't have to live my life this way. It was a hard pill to swallow as I became educated enough to know it's just too risky for the small improvement I *might* realize if everything went perfectly.

"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:24 pm 

I'm really sorry to hear about your situation. Reading your story has me sitting with tears running down my face. Ahh! I?ve heard it's actually BAD to cry after LASIK b/c it washes away the moisture (which is ironic b/c crying is all we want to do). I'm so sad to hear that your friends didn't stick with you through this. I live in NJ, so I'm pretty close to you. I don't even know if you check this posting anymore, since it was posted so long ago, so I'll e-mail you and then you'll have my e-mail address. I'm new to the site, since my life was only screwed up as of March 1st 2007...I saw this forum about a month too late. I wasn't coming here for a couple of weeks because I was kind of obsessive about reading all this stuff, and it only made me freak out more. But...I've fallen back into it...so here I am! Talk to you soon, I hope. Take care :)

Post subject: Hi Regrets...
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:42 am 

I think APizzo667 is still around. You can go to the member list, find his name and send him a private e-mail if you'd like...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:21 am 
 E-mail  Profile

lol.
I am always here -
Should be getting my IZON lenses in soon.
I'll write an update on my case then.
Thanks though for your concern...
Anthony

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:24 am 
 E-mail  Profile

TLC - Cherry Hill (where Regrets had her surgery done), just purchased Kremer Laser Eye Centers (where I had my surgery done).

DOES ANYONE KNOW THE STATUE OF LIMITATIONS IN PENNSLYVANIA?
THIS WEEK WAS MY 3 YEAR ANNIVERSARY AND I HAD TO QUIT MY JOB. I CAN'T FUNCTION ANY LONGER. ANYWAY - IF ANYONE KNOWS IF THE STATUE OF LIMITATIONS FOR A CASE LIKE MINE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU STILL THINK I HAVE TIME FOR CASE.

Thank you.
Anthony

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:55 am 

APizzo667 wrote:

I just poked around on the internet, and it looks like it's 2 years (generally, there are exceptions). You can call an attorney locally who specializes in med-mal and find out for sure.

"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 6:31 pm 

APizzo667 wrote:
TLC - Cherry Hill (where Regrets had her surgery done), just purchased Kremer Laser Eye Centers (where I had my surgery done).

THIS WEEK WAS MY 3 YEAR ANNIVERSARY AND I HAD TO QUIT MY JOB. I CAN'T FUNCTION ANY LONGER. ANYWAY - IF ANYONE KNOWS IF THE STATUE OF LIMITATIONS FOR A CASE LIKE MINE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU STILL THINK I HAVE TIME FOR CASE.

Thank you.
Anthony

It's 2 years in PA, my lawyer told me this when I first talked to him. We actually waited until just about 3 months before it was up to file the suit. The surgery center and doctors probably thought they got out of that one when they didn't hear from me again after the surgery. I don't know if there are exceptions but it wouldn't hurt to find out. Just be prepared for a long process..it's not bad..just alot of waiting time. Mine is still going on. The lawyer I'm using is actually on the list that was posted here somewhere.

Post subject: Statutes of limitations and disability benefits
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:38 pm 

Ally - that's right. It's 2 years in PA. If anyone else wants to look up the statute of limitations to sue for malpractice in their state, here is a link:

Medical Malpractice Statute of limitations by State

http://www.medicalmalpractice.com/medical-malpractice.cfm/Article/1976/Medical-Malpractice-Statute-of-limitatio.html

Talk to a lawyer... you may be able to use the point at which you realized you were damaged as the 'starting point' for the clock rather than the actual date of your first surgery.

Your physician presumably continued to follow up with you. Your last visit may be considered as the 'starting point' if you can find a lawyer who can successfully frame your case this way.

Another thing to consider is social security disability. You need to have a doctor certify that you are visually disabled. If you can do this, you may be able to receive disability income. Now Optometrists can provide this evaluation which helps. No LASIK surgeon will willingly admit that their surgeries disable people, although we are all well aware that they do.

Post subject: To: APizzo667
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:57 pm 

Hi Apizzo667;;; You mentioned you are getting Izon glasses soon.. I tried, was a total waste of my money. Let me know how yours are.. I tried both progressive and single vision and they were no better than regular pair of lenses with ant-reflective coating.. Still all the same starbursts, halos, etc.... and the contrast for me was no better.. Let me know.
Sadeyes (with an empty pocket book)

Post subject: I wish I had read Thelasikflap.com before surgery!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:24 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

Yes, the IZON glasses were a total waste of $600 that I did not already have. I wish I never got them. My glasses that fix some of my astigmatism are the only things that help. The IZON glasses were terrible, they made my vision worse. I treated them like an investment because I was really hoping for relief b/c I can't afford to be fitted . refitted with contact lenses.

I don't know what about the IZON lenses that was so bad, but it felt like the lenses were too strong and attempting to fix the unfixable - like forcing a square peg into a round hole.

On a side note - I even tried for bankruptcy for my student loans, but unfortunatly, blindness (HOA, NVD are blindness to me) does not qualify as "undue hardship" since I am unable to work in any capacity.

Thanks for letting me know about your IZON experience, I wish I read about your experience first about my IZON lenses before trying them, and while I am at it, I wish I had read Thelasikflap.com for large pupils / thin corneas before my surgery!

Post subject: Izon Lenses/Glasses
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:54 pm 

APizzo667:
Thanks for writing.. I'm glad you wrote about your experience with IZons; maybe we can help others from wasting their money. I , too, have only been able to tolerate regular glasses and of course even those dont help, just make my distortion, lack of dimension,, wierd world clear,, but clearer helps with some things. I'm so sorry you are suffering, as I and so many.. It's just awful to wake up to the nightmare everyday, that no one seems to understand but us... I miss my sight so badly. I was the most visually talented person I knew and it's what made me, ME.. and now it's all gone.. The ONLY thing that gets me buy, is that I always say, it could be worse,, but that's still hard to take, when you are blessed with being healthy and loving life BEFORE this stupid surgery. Again, thanks for helping to share your IZON STORY... My $1,000.00 lost could have bought me an LCD High Def, TV , that would make that a little easier to see. Well, another hard, expensive lesson learned, I guess.
Hang in there. Write to me anytime.
Sadeyes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:34 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

Today I finally REQUESTED FULL AND COLOR MEDICAL RECORDS FROM MY REFRACTIVE SUREON.

This was a big step for me, its basically the full cutting of ties with the surgeon who did my wavefront-guided lasik.

It hurts really bad, because I basically knew the man for 8 years. I was 20 when I had the surgery. But for the 5 years prior, I would go to him every year and we became friends and we would talk about the possible procedures for me when I came of age.
I thought of him as my "buddy" and thought this was going to be the man who was going to help this shy kid break out of his shell so I could go see the world. I had my whole damn life ahead of me. I had a full scholarship to study in Europe for my doctorate and I lost that. I lost my family, I lost my friends, I lost my faith in god (notice the lowercase 'g' as opposed to the capital "G." Twenty years of Catholic education lost all from a single slice of my eyes...).
To be fully blunt, I feel that after reading some of other posts that patients were in the 1 to 2% category for unsuccessful lasik, just as my doctor told me, I feel that's a lie.
So for the first time I want to post my doctor's name -
His name - DR. MICHAEL ARONSKY with KREMER LASER EYE CENTERS in KING PRUSSIA, PA.
Their phone number is: 610-337-1580 - Feel free to give them a call and them how great of a job they are doing.

Today is father's day and I could not even mumble out the damn words "Happy Father's Day" to my dad today because I have not spoken to him or any other family members of mine in months. The results of this surgery rob you of all emotion. And I am sure you all know LASIK NOT ONLY RUINS YOUR LIFE, IT RUINS YOUR FAMILIES LIVES AS WELL.

I am hoping with your guys help that once I get my medical records I can start taking some steps to recovery. All I ever wanted from my doctor was honest answers and I never got them. He said that my eyes were "too perfect." Lies. Damn lies. And I believed him. So I waited to sue until it was too late. Now I owe $75,000, have not had a job since the surgery. I don't believe in karma. But if there is any justice in this world...He would pay my debts and pay for me to go to Europe and get my doctorate so that I can get back just a portion of what I lost. I wanted to be a professor and "save the world." Now I need someone to save me.

I hope Dean from lifeafterlasik.com is doing great - a lot of people are looking to him now for their futures, including me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:39 pm 

APizzo667 wrote:
Today is father's day and I could not even mumble out the damn words "Happy Father's Day" to my dad today because I have not spoken to him or any other family members of mine in months. The results of this surgery rob you of all emotion. And I am sure you all know LASIK NOT ONLY RUINS YOUR LIFE, IT RUINS YOUR FAMILIES LIVES AS WELL.

APizzo, many times I have thought to myself, "I am glad my Dad didn't see my life ruined by a stupid elective surgery". He would have been so hurt. He loved all of us so much. He passed away nearly 12 years ago.

You are absolutely correct... a bad LASIK ruins your family's lives, too. Even my little nieces were hurt by what happened to me. Did I ever tell you why I go by the name Broken Eyes? It must have been about a year after I had LASIK. I was visiting with my sister and her family. I had just gotten out of the shower one morning and was in the bathroom putting on my makeup and I noticed out of the corner of my eye a little figure standing at the doorway, watching me. I looked at her and she looked very sad. I said "Hey Sweetie" and she said, "Aunt *****, I'm sorry your eyes are broken". I'll never forget that as long as I live. She was deeply hurt by what happened to me. She was just a little girl. How terrible that these so-called doctors hurt innocent family members.

Her younger sister was also hurt. It was probably 2 or 3 years later. They were at church one evening. The guest preacher had brought in the stump of a tree. He said the stump was symbolic of the cross, and he said that anyone who had a burden should write it down on paper and using a tack, "nail" their burden to the cross and bear it no more. My niece began to tug on my sister, and my sister said, "What is it, Honey?", and my niece said, "Momma, let's nail Aunt *****'s eyes to the cross."

APizzo667 wrote:
I am hoping with your guys help that once I get my medical records I can start taking some steps to recovery.

I'll help you.

Post subject: We will all help in any way we can!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:12 pm 

Quote:
APizzo667 wrote:

I am hoping with your guys help that once I get my medical records I can start taking some steps to recovery.

Broken Eyes said:
Quote:
I'll help you.

Me, too - and I think I can speak for Eye as well! :wink:

P.S. Thanks for sharing your doctor's name... hopefully you'll stop some surgeries by doing so. It also feels good to get those dirty truths you've been hiding out in the open. Dean Kantis's recent decision to have more surgery gave all of us a fair amount of heartburn but he's not worse off and there may be improvement with further healing. Whew! :shock:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next