Exposing the LASIK Scam

One Surgeon at a Time
It is currently Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:33 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: ANYONE EVER DEAL WITH HARMON STEIN??? IF so, bad or good?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:49 pm 

My wife has been really wanting to get LASIK done to correct her vision, but I, the protecting husband am as usual worried and don't want her to have any residual affectsssssss, etc. from it.

She has looked into several people and one I know of for sure that she's looked into is Dr. Harmon Stein. I would VERY MUCH appreciate it if anyone has had dealings with him in the past, good or bad, if you'd be able to post a reply to this for me? Thank yo very much for your time!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:51 pm 

Hi JMS76,

I don't know anything about that particular surgeon, but I know this -- LASIK is a harmful procedure and every single surgeon has patients with poor outcomes. It's inevitable when you are performing a harmful procedure such as LASIK.

The flap will never heal and can be accidentally dislodged years later by a simple finger poke to the eye, the corneal is forever weakened by the cutting of the flap and the ablation of tissue and the severing of the collagen bands that give the cornea its strength and form -- which can result in loss of the cornea is some cases, the corneal nerves which play an important role in tear production are severed when the flap is cut and these nerves never return to pre-op levels and patterns, and night vision is impaired in a large percentage of LASIK patients.

As a loving husband you should convince your wife that you care about her well-being so much that you must discourage her from risking her precious vision. LASIK is irreversible. Complications can be life-altering and life-long.

This website contains links to hundreds of peer-reviewed medical journals that document the harmful effects of LASIK. This information is not generally available to the public, and LASIK surgeons hide the truth. Remember, they have a financial interest in your wife's decision to have LASIK. Like a used car salesman -- if he knew he was selling a lemon, do you think he'd tell you? Nope, he just sells you the car "as is" with "no warranty". Your wife will be required to sign an "informed consent" agreeing to accept poor vision for life.

You and your wife should read a recent report of the harmful effects of LASIK at www.thelasikreport.com.

And whatever you decide, please talk her out of having both eyes done at the same time.

I hope we hear from you again saying that your wife has decided to keep her glasses and not risk her only pair of eyes. I can't go back in time and prevent my own LASIK disaster, but I sure can try to save others from this misery, one pair of eyes at a time.

Best of luck!

Broken Eyes

"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato

Post subject: Perhaps you should think twice
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:44 am 

I agree with Broken eyes. Corneal refractive surgery is too harmful and too risky to be considered. Vision is precious, and corneal refractive surgeons don't know how to repair the casualties they create.

Time will create new casualties of corneal refractive surgery as thinned weakened post-surgical corneas begin to fail as patients age. Some sooner rather than later.

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Post subject: Dr. Harmon Stein Sued for Medical Malpractice
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:40 am 

USAEYES - Dr. Harmon Stein Sued by Dante and Jodi Nini for Medical Malpractice

Perhaps you should read the lawsuit and see what sort of complaint these patients have against Dr. Harmon Stein?